• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Wolves

Man of the match?

• Gael Clichy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski: 9

Sgana: 8
Squillaci: 6
Djourou: 6
Clichy: 8

Song: 7
Cesc: 6
Wilshere: 6

Rosicky: 6
Chamakh: 7
Arshavin: 7

That save from Fabianski was magnificent. Clichy was my overall man of the match otherwise but you just can't argue with someone who steps up in a defining moment like that. It was ****ing brilliant.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Can't do a proper rating, because I've missed the first 65 mins, but my MOTM is clearly Flappy.

His save in the 90th minute pretty much secured the three points for us.

Really like his response to the error vs Newcastle.
He seems to get over his confidence issues.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Moral boosting stuff this!

Two things, firstly we can thank our lucky stars Fabregas didnt see red. He found a bit of his old spark in the second half and needs to continue playing to get back to full form.

Secondly, our defence was spirited, but we need to focus on it more. Please please Arsène.

Ratings

Fabianski - 9, MOTM

Clichy - 7
Squillaci - 6
Djourou - 7
Sagna - 8

Song - 6.5
Fabregas - 6.5
Wilshere - 6

Arshavin - 7, an extra point for his efforts second half
Chamakh - 6
Rosicky - 6.5

Subs N/A

jerome2158

Established Member
Fabianski...

Chamakh scored the goals to win it, but without fabianski, it would have been useless.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
It was a very poor tackle from Cesc, true. I guess it evens out in the end though. Jarvis had a studs up challenge on Arshavin just underneath the kneecap and Milijas could've broken Song's foot.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fabianski - 10
Sagna - 7.5
Squilacci - 7.5
Djourou - 7
Song - 6.5
Fabregas - 7 (Gets .5 for the assist)
Wilshere 6.5
Rosicky 7.5
Arshavin - 8
Chamakh 8.5

Fabianski won this game for us. Props to Chamakh for the goals but without Fabinaski they would have won 3-2. 3 top class saves.

1.To stop Hunt heading it in at far post
2.Tipped Doyle top corner shot over
3.Stopped shot at the end late with left hand

Class performance. Seems Wenger's faith wasn't as crazy as we thought.

Poor performance all over though. My ratings perhaps don't reflect this but I rated them based on the situation they were in not how well they decided what the situation was.

mistaT

Established Member
Fab - 9

Clichy - 8
Squil - 8
Djourou - 8.5 (really impressed me tonight, nice counterpart to Squil)
Sagna - 7

Cesc - 7
Wilshere - 7
Song - 7

Wasn't overly impressed with our midfield today.

Arshavin - 8 (best game from in him in some time, regardless of his "stats")
Chamakh - 8 for a great opening and closing goal, but otherwise meh...needs a rest proper
Rosicky - 7

yuvken

Established Member
yes! you guys, I was away on something, just got in without a clue, holding my breath - and the first thing I know about the game is Klaus' "Fabiansky 9 " and then all rating that says "we won" (then I read the 90th minute save secured the 3 pts - ooophhh). So I know we won - Now I'm ready for the fun :D (I still don't know anything about the game! ha ha)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yuvken: We won 2-0. Chamakh scored both goals and Fabianski made a couple of crucial saves, including a one-handed one in the 92nd minute when the scoreline was still 1-0.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Neither do I yuvken as I was watching the live but mostly frozen stream.

But Flappy saved our skins and Chamakh scored the goals.

Fabianski it is then.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The easiest decision on matchday ratings.

Fabianski MOTM

Made a crucial save at 92-nd minute, otherwise it would've been like Sunderland all over again.

To glad we got three points off those horrible orange ****s.

Fellaini just got sent off for Everton, so there's one threat less from Everton side.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Incidentally I thought Chamakh was great. He got extremely poor service but still managed two goals and he never stopped running. It was a warhorse of a performance.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yuvken, here is a summary of the game.

Fabianski wins it for us, with Chamakh providing two assists.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski: 9
Sagna: 7
Squillaci: 8
Djourou: 8
Clichy: 7.5
Song: 7
Cesc: 7
Wilshere: 7
Rosicky: 7
Chamakh: 8
Arshavin: 8

Denilson 6

giuliob

Fab - 9 Brilliant; saved the 3 points MOTM

Clichy - 7.5
Squillaci - 7
Djourou - 7.5
Sagna - 7.5
Cesc - 6
Wilshere - 5.5
Song - 6
Rosicky 6.5
Arshavin - 8
Chamakh - 8

Mark Halsey - 1 What a wimp.

Bossa

Established Member
Anyone else think that Djourou and Squillaci form a better partnership than Squillaci and Koscielny. This is the third clean sheet in a row today with DJ and Squil. Now I'm not saying that Djourou is a better player than Kos but our defence looked pretty good today. Djourou is a great player in the air.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Good to see Arshavin perform, today. Was at the heart of every offensive moment, and never ceased to be a danger.

Song is the very definition of inconsequential, at the moment. What does he offer?

Fabregas looked slightly better than his last two games.

Wilshere was disappointing, and fortunate not to cost us a goal.

Fabianski made two immense saves, and was handy throughout.

Djourou was the same as usual, some baffling mistakes, mixed in with some brilliant defending.

Chamakh was very poor, beyond the two goals. Couldn't win any headers, and failed to act as a springboard. Constant poor contol, aswell.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Klaus Daimler said:
Incidentally I thought Chamakh was great. He got extremely poor service but still managed two goals and he never stopped running. It was a warhorse of a performance.
Yep. Don't think there was enough people appreciating him week in week out though but hes been so important for us this season. God knows where we'd be in the table had it been his penos and goals.

Also thought Arshavin was great, almost back to his best and been so hardworking. Fought for all the scraps and ran at players to create space for others.

One unsung hero though that nobody ever talked about is Squillaci. So calm at the back always did his job quietly without much notice. Been ever present this season as well. Alot of key moments he did those little commanding defensive stuffs nobody noticed but he made quite alot of difference for us.

Top Bottom