• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Wolves

Man of the match?

• Gael Clichy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Bossa said:
Anyone else think that Djourou and Squillaci form a better partnership than Squillaci and Koscielny.

Could be possible yeah.
Kos is the better partner for Verms anyway in my opinion.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Fabianski: 9

Sagna: 8.5
Squillaci: 6.5
Djourou: 7.5
Clichy: 7.5

Song: 7
Cesc: 6
Wilshere: 6

Rosicky: 6
Chamakh: 8
Arshavin: 8

Hats off to Fabianski. Stunning stuff. Special mention to Sagna, Chamakh and Shava - very good performaces from them.

Bossa

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Bossa said:
Anyone else think that Djourou and Squillaci form a better partnership than Squillaci and Koscielny.

Could be possible yeah.
Kos is the better partner for Verms anyway in my opinion.

Kos and Squillaci are maybe too similar. Its nice to have Djourou next to Squillaci because he has physical presence and he's tall and can deal with high balls.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A huge response-makes me buy more into the "lack of attitude/committment" argument in previous home games. That was as a gritty a 3pts as I have seen us earn in a long time. How Wolves didn't score, only God. Allah, Buddah and my Dear Mum will know. Fabianksi played a blinder.

But we need to find form soon-a morale and confidence boosting win though. Geez! How the bottom teams have given us a hell of a run for our money in each and every game!

A tight and very interesting season ahead.

PHEW!!

Dennis10

Fabianski: 9 - Looked confident all night, and had three absolutely crucial interventions. The left handed save towards the end was amazing.

Sagna: 8,5 - Flawless, and that block in the second half was bravery defined.

Squil: 8 - Confident, and tidy.

Djorou: 7 - Had me scared a few times, but showed great determination and heart as the game progressed. Not as tidy as Squil though.

Clichy: 8,5 - Absolutely killed their right side, and was way to quick and classy for Wolves today.

Song: 7 - Our best midfielder today. Made few mistakes, and had a great assist. Didn't stand out, but put in a good shift.

Cesc: 6,5 - Not a bad display, but Wolves dominated our midfield in patches, which is partially down to Cesc not being at his absolute best.

Wilshere: 6 - Same ass Fabregas. Not poor, but not dominating. Cesc scores .5 higher cause of the assist.

Arshavin: 7,5 - A game of two halves. Made a lot of poor decisions in the first half, although lively. Was a constant threat in the second half, and I can forgive him taking ages to help out defensively, as long as he provides quick feet and some magic when in possession.

Rosicky: 6,5 - Looked really up for it today, and was our hardest working midfielder. Helped Sagna a lot, and seems really determined to earn his starting spot. End product lacked completely though, but shows that he still has a lot to offer the team.

Chamakh: 8 - Well taken goals, and a more than decent work rate. Gets much to isolated, but that is largely our midfield's fault.

Denilson: 5,5 - Didn't get too many opportunities to convince, but to me he looks a little tense when in possession. Confidence issues? Didn't do badly, but earned a silly yellow.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I thought Song was very good today. He's had a string of excellent performances lately. He was one of very few who put in a good performance against Newcastle too.

yuvken

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Yuvken: We won 2-0. Chamakh scored both goals and Fabianski made a couple of crucial saves, including a one-handed one in the 92nd minute when the scoreline was still 1-0.
SA wrote: Yuvken, here is a summary of the game.

Fabianski wins it for us, with Chamakh providing two assists.:
Y va wrote: Neither do I yuvken as I was watching the live but mostly frozen stream.

But Flappy saved our skins and Chamakh scored the goals.

Fabianski it is then.
Thanx, people, thats very nice. I also had time to scroll Arse.com match min. by min. - Chamakh tried to score as close as possible to the first and last whistle? :D

Great for Fabsky. this was his first "post-blunder personality test", which was significant. I take it from you guys he passed in flying colors. I also understand we were not that great?
(and nasri not playing?)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Bossa said:
Kos and Squillaci are maybe too similar. Its nice to have Djourou next to Squillaci because he has physical presence and he's tall and can deal with high balls.

DJ really looked good (Squib too) in the 40mins I could watch him.
I hope he builds on that, because Verms will be out for longer, and Kos is banned for the next game.

We've good CB options this season, finally.

Can't remember the last time, when our CB pairing really struggled this season.

mistaT

Established Member
Bossa said:
Anyone else think that Djourou and Squillaci form a better partnership than Squillaci and Koscielny. This is the third clean sheet in a row today with DJ and Squil. Now I'm not saying that Djourou is a better player than Kos but our defence looked pretty good today. Djourou is a great player in the air.

I was really, really impressed with Djourou today and while I will recognize he had a blunder or too I thought he was a big part of the win.

As for him and Squil forming a partnership 8)) Absolutely, I think they complement each other really well with Djourou feeling assured that Squil will be behind him to cover.

I love the little extra athleticism Djourou brings to a CB pairing, and how Squil lets him attack everything in the air and in front of them. Leaving himself to sweep up the slop and play the body.

Good pairing :D

fabo

6.51 / 10
I thought Squillaci was our best outfield player tonight, really solid effort from him. Sagna and Djourou also played well. Fabianski was excellent.

Midfield were all average.

Arshavin was good as was Chamo.

A

Anonymous

Klaus Daimler said:
I thought Song was very good today. He's had a string of excellent performances lately. He was one of very few who put in a good performance against Newcastle too.
Thought so too, very decent performance.

law

Fabs - 9.5

Sagna - 7
J Squilla - 8
Djorou - 7.5
Clichy - 8

Song - 5.5
Wilshere - 5
Fabregas - 6

Arshavin - 6
Chamackh - 7.5
Rosicky - 6

bazza_afc

outlaw_member said:
Fabianski 7

Sagna 5
Squillaci 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 6

Wilshere 5
Fabregas 6
Song 6

Rosicky 6
Chamakh 6.5
Arshavin 6.5

Is that some sort of sick joke? Solid as a rock and a superb assist. He was a 9 tonight.

Edit: forgot to mention the unbelievable block in the first minute of the 2nd half that stopped a CERTAIN goal.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
I thought Squillaci was our best outfield player tonight, really solid effort from him. Sagna and Djourou also played well. Fabianski was excellent.

Midfield were all average.

Arshavin was good as was Chamo.

Squillaci isn't far off from being our signing of the season. He's offering exactly what I had hoped from him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
outlaw_member said:
Fabianski 7

Sagna 5
Squillaci 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 6

Wilshere 5
Fabregas 6
Song 6

Rosicky 6
Chamakh 6.5
Arshavin 6.5

Is that some sort of sick joke? Solid as a rock and a superb assist. He was a 9 tonight.

Edit: forgot to mention the unbelievable block in the first minute of the 2nd half that stopped a CERTAIN goal.

Wasn't too impressed with Sagna's defensive play. He was beaten several times off the ball, and Song was often called upon to protect him. On reflection, Song was pretty decent defensively, not great, but I recall some good defensive play and a great assist, aswell. I'd bump him up to a 6.5.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fab 8

sagna 7
squi 7
dj 6
clichy 6

song 6
wilshere 6
cesc 6

rozza 7
chamakh 7
arsh 6

eye4goal

Established Member
Fabianski 8.5 Amazing reflexes. Dominated his area well too

Sagna 8.5 Joint MOTM with Fabianksi. A couple of crucial interceptions

Squillaci 7 Looks more comfortable with Djourou. Clears his lines very well. Settling nicely into English football

Djourou 7.5 is starting to finally realise his potential. Winning more and more headers

Clichy 7 Solid game.

Wilshere 6 A game too many for him. Abit below par

Song 7 Great assist. I do feel he is showing more appetite in getting forward to support attack than in defending at times. It has proved effective so far but I'd like to see him "sit" more once Fabregas starts to fire again.

Cesc 7 extra 0.5 for the assist. Slowly getting there

Rosicky 7 Lively. Unlucky not to be starting more. Gives us tempo in midfield

Arshavin 8 Unlucky not to score. Looked like the old Arshavin

Chamakh 8 Has really improved us away from home. Probably our hardest working player. Cool finish at the end

Denilson 6 Steady defensively but looks abit hesitant on the ball

Bendtner NA

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom