• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Wolves

Man of the match?

• Gael Clichy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
fabo said:
I thought Squillaci was our best outfield player tonight, really solid effort from him. Sagna and Djourou also played well. Fabianski was excellent.

Midfield were all average.
Arshavin was good as was Chamo.

Our midfield has certainly not controlled play in the manner we would hope.

Clichy had a very good game also.

The main thing was there was an apparent sense of committment form all the players and they threw their bodies on the line and hustled all over the park to get this result. Would have liked to have seen midfield stamp their class on proceedings though.

mo50

Established Member
Ecstatic with the victory. Fabianski with some top class keeping kept us right in there. It's great to see he's bounced back without any problems.

Arshavin, I thought, had one of his best performances this season, and on another day could've bagged a goal or two. He was very good and hopefully he'll keep it up.

Chamakh did alot of very good work, most importantly he scored a brace and I'm delighted for him. He worked his socks off tonight.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Good game for Fabianski. Starting to look like a number 1 keeper.

Surprised at some people rating Chamakh 6. Our CF got 2 goals, game winning goals. That's got to get him an 8...

Shue

Established Member
I was completely convinced Hunt was scoring and then all of a sudden Flappy leapt like a Salmon to palm it away.

Good response to that shower of ****e at the weekend.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Admittedly, I was only able to watch the last 25 minutes of this game. But I have seen the full highlights and I'm a little bit surprised by how high the ratings are in here. Judging by the end of the game and the highlights I was under the impression that the team did not play well at all.

Outshot by Wolves and more shockingly, had less possession than Wolves! But I admit that there is a chance that we played far better before the 65 minute mark so my perspective is a bit off.

Regardless, that left handed save by Fabianski was fantastic.

Hoya

Song was our best midfielder today. I'm starting to believe some posters have it out for him, he was really really solid, especially since the two with him in the midfield were slightly above average at best (and that's being kind to Wilshere).

Chamakh was good today too, made something of a couple of opportunities, and like has been said, he got almost nothing to work with today. I like a guy who always works hard regardless, though. He never really drifts out of the game in terms of work ethic.

Fabianski bounced back from a tough game and was EXCELLENT today. Wasn't that what we were all worried about? Looked as confident as ever during this string of games.

All the defense was really good. Squid, Djourou, Sagna, and Clichy were all really really good today I think, love to see that kind of defensive presence. Djourou and Squid can command the air, that's lovely to see from Arsenal defenders.

Arshavin, as had been said, was good too. He's been improving, wish he was a little less selfish but at least he's trying to make things happen for himself recently, a very promising development.

dave_rwr

Established Member
I should also mention about that last Fabianski save... What impressed me most about it is that last season, he would have made it to the ball like he did today, but his hands always seemed to be too weak to stop the momentum of the ball.

A great deal of his blunders last year were not an issue of him not making it to the ball. In fact, I would say that Fabianski more often than not made it to the ball, he just wouldn't have the strength in his wrists to keep the ball out when he reached it. I've been very glad to see him not only make it to the ball, but have the strength to keep the ball out far more often this year.

Invincible

Established Member
I'm amazed that Djourou isn't listed among the MOTM options. For me, he was our best player today.

The whole back 4 was terrific today, but JD stood out.

Sagna's block was moment of the match along with Flappy's late save. Both were right out of the top draw. Especially Sagna's block, ****ing brilliant.

Clichy looked like the Clichy we know.

Chamo took his goals very well.

Onwards and upwards.

yakso

I had Chamakh as the MOTM because I didn't watch the game. Sounds like we were good defensively, otherwise very unarsenal like perfomance.

Biggus

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
It was a very poor tackle from Cesc, true. I guess it evens out in the end though. Jarvis had a studs up challenge on Arshavin just underneath the kneecap and Milijas could've broken Song's foot.
I think it was Henry who went in on Arshavin Klaus.
Agree with you about Chak though, I can't believe people were worried about his goal tally.

I'm not down with all this Fabianski love though, he did nothing any decent goalie wouldn't have done.
I think it was DanDare who pointed out that people are so stunned and thankful for the competent performance, that explains this outburst.
I reckon Sagna has been consistently immense for the last month, must be time for him to get injured......

dreamLord

Established Member
Arshavin - brilliant, at the heart of all of our good attacks. Noticed that he was getting way much more space as usual - could be due to him playing almost as a 2nd striker behind Chamakh for large parts of the game

Chamakh - good job for the 2 goals, need performances like these where there are just goals instead of 'link up play, passing, holding up the ball' etc.

Rosicky - worked hard, played some good passes, but didn't really threaten as a RW/RW should. Still a CM/AM for me.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Unfortunately didn't get to see the game, just the highlights.

All i asked for was a win, we were in a situation where we needed 3 points regardless of performance so i'm a happy man. Some brilliant individual moments from Sagna and Fabianski to get the clean sheet, well done boys. We've kept a few recently so hopefully we keep it up.

I didn't think Cesc's tackle was that x-rated - a yellow certainly but not a red imo.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Invincible said:
The whole back 4 was terrific today, but JD stood out.
I'll echo that. They and Flappy picked up the midfield big time.
Yeah, Djourou in particular had a pretty good game overall. He still misjudged the ball badly a few times though and Clichy had to bail him out twice with immense interceptions. I don't think people would be as forgiving if Wolves had scored when Djourou stepped up to intercept a throughball and missed it completely. Squillaci was the same and should be very thankful that Sagna reads the game so brilliantly.

None of them are what I'd consider regular starters though and the defence had very little help from the rest of the team. We wouldn't have gotten this result last season with Silvestre and Song at the back, I know that much.

Anzac

Established Member
IMO our midfield sucks & with this new positions/roles we've changed one headache for another, but with similar outcomes = same sh*t different smell.

The only player who looked assured in defence was Lukazade - the back4 each had 'moments' but were able to scramble well enough against relegation battlers.

Our attack struggled for quality service as far too often we were too square going forward & we were unable to retain possession as there was too much space between our lines on or off the ball.

Read a post match comment from AW that Chamakh had been ill all week prior to NUFC.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sabret00the said:
Thought Fabregas sucked again. That is all!
Much better than Newcastle one. Don't forget he just came back from injury, don't expect too much.

Happy with the JD praise. So now have we got 4 dependable CB? To me, yes.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Hoya said:
I'm starting to believe some posters have it out for him.

Well don't, because that would be ridiculous. I've heard it all too often on these boards. When a player has been criticised, it must be due to some inexplicable hatred towards the man. Someone criticised Koscielny and Squillaci on the weekend, and some other poster wondered whether he had an agenda against them. It is nonsensical to suggest that an Arsenal fan would criticise a player without reason.

Top Bottom