• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings | Ch3l5ea vs Arsenal

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Szczesny 6 - had some nervy moments and mistakes, more than I've ever seen from him.

DJ 6 - grew into the game
Kos 9 - apart from one misplaced pass, nearly a faultless performance.
Merte 6 - disastrous first half, better second half
Santos 6 - great at attacking, poor at defending - should be a winger, important goal though

Song 6.5 - not his best of games
Arteta 7 - ran a lot, intercepted a lot, tackled a lot, and had an assist as well
Ramsey 7.5 - simply everywhere. Slowly getting back to where he belongs

Ger 7 - good game, sometimes questionable first touch and ball control, but good assist and always a danger on the wing
Theo 7.5 - compared to his recent performances, this one was top notch. Ripped Cashley to shreds, and scored the important lead
Robin >10 - what can you say :worthy

arsenallegends

Established Member
Brilliant result. Questionable first half with predictable issues.

I agree with all those ratings, though I'd bump DJ and Gervinho a bit higher. I didn't see Gervinho's missed chance but I heard it was big. I also didn't like Szcz's gathering from set pieces today.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 5/10

Djourou 6/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 8.5/10
Santos 7/10

Song 5.5/10
Arteta 6/10
Ramsey 8/10

Gervinho 7/10
Walcott 8/10
van Persie 9/10

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Szczesny 5

Djourou 6
Mertesacker 5
Koscielny 8
Santos 7

Song 6
Arteta 7
Ramsey 8

Gervinho 7
Walcott 8
van Persie 10

Arsenal away supporters 10 - they were ****ing brilliant!!

arsmile

Established Member
snez-6- some dodgy moments- but authorative and dominant and everythign you'd generally want from him

djourou-6- despite an atrocious first five, went on the have a very good 80 or so minutes- primarily because chgelsea ignored our right cos they were having so much fun down our left

per-5- poor for the first 2 goals

kos-9- he must have totally cemented a CB postion now...sod all this move him to RB untiul sagna is back- per to be dropped, kos has held our defence together in the absence of verm, totally deserves to keep his place.

santos-6- the guy is mental, more or less got beat every time someone took him on, but scored probably the most important goal of the match- if people got annoyed at eboue i cant imagien this guy will remain a 'fan favourite' for much longer- he is a good footballer but not good enough defensively in matches like this.

song-7- thought he was decent, bossed the midfield and mostly kept mata quiet

ramsey-8- good

arteta-7- cool experienced head in midfield kept us sane

walcott-8- he is rubbish at football- but if he scores i dont care! all credit to him, good consistent end product from him today

gervinho- 8- great for the first, also worked really hard off the ball, he was making lots of challenges towards the end of the match- kept mistaking him for song

robin-10- yep

jenkinson/rosicky/vermaelen-6- i thought all did well when they came on.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Thought the whole team stepped up second half. Theo, Ramsey and Kos were consistent performers over 90 min so they deserve some extra praise along with RvP.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szczesny............5.......not good today, usual error where he runs out for no reason.

Djourou..........6.....was getting killed in the first 5 minutes. Improved afterwards.
Mertesacker..........5......poor first half and was caught on 2 goals. Improved second half.
Koscielny...........8.....destroyed Torres.
Santos...........6.5......massive goal, fitness isn't good enough, was beaten a number of times, made a number of interceptions aswell. Looks better on the ball than off it.

Song...........5.5....his decision-making is terrible, undoes alot of good work, caught ahead of play too much. Nice assist.
Arteta..........6.....put in a big shift. Not his best game though. Assist at the end.
Ramsey...........8....best midfielder on the pitch today, now I hope for better consistency.

Theo............7.5....best game of the season for him. Great goal.
RVP............10........The Don. Actually messed up 3 opportunities which he'd usually gobble up. Second finish was pretty much a dream come true - Terry slipping, RVP on top form facing Cech one-v-one, only one outcome.
Gervinho........6.5....nice assist and was dangerous throughout, but wasted alot of balls.

gstew

Szczesny 6

DJ 5
Kos 8.5 - First half his three defensive partners really let him down.
Merte 5 - Two in first half and eight in second.
Santos 5 - One in first half and nine in second. One of the strangest performances I have ever seen.

Song 8 - Solid all game.
Arteta 7 - Solid.
Ramsey 8.5 - His best game.

Gervihno 7.5 - One of the worst misses you will ever see. Otherwise, was quite good.
Theo 9 - Excellent. Really should have had two assists in first 15 minutes.
Robin 9.5 - Would have been 10 if not for missing sitter in first half.

Verms 8 - He inspires me. Glad he is back.
Rosicky 8 - Thought he looked great in his cameo.
Jenks 7 - Did nothing wrong.

Proof

Established Member
Szczesny - 6

Djourou 5
Koscielny - 8
Mertesacker - 6
Santos - 6

Song - 6
Ramsey - 7
Arteta - 6

Walcott - 8
Van Persie - 10
Gervinho - 8

mo50

Established Member
Szczesny 5.5 - He was below par today.

Djourou 6 - He was dreadful for the first ten minutes but when we settled down he did well.

Kos 9 - What a monstrous performance from him. If he can consistently put performances in like that then we'll have one hell of a defender. Torres was clueless and didn't get a snif at anything. I can't praise Koscielny enough.

Merte 5 - Terrible first half. His slow movement was painful to watch.

Santos 6.5 - Brilliant goal, he can't defend though.

Song 6.5 - He set up Santos' goal very well, but also had several brain-dead moments.

Arteta 7 - He reads the game well, and keeps us ticking over. He also had one lovely through ball over the top which cut the Chelsea defense, and RvP could've done better with it.

Ramsey 8 - Excellent performance against a top side. His passing, his awareness, his movement were all much better than at the start of the season. It looks like that winner against Marseille has done him a world of good. He made Lampard look like a geriatric.

Gervinho 7 - He had a criminal miss in the first half, but since he set up RvP and we won, I'll let that slide. He's direct, he's fast and he's got some very good feet. Him and Van Persie will do some serious damage this year.

Walcott 8.5- Easily his best performance of the season, and right up there with his best ever. His goal was very well taken, and he should have had an assist to his name with a wonderfully worked solo move to set up Gervinho for an open net. He terrorized, no, murdered Cole today, lets hope he keeps it going.

Robin Van the ****ing man Persie 10 - Easily the best CF in the league, probably the world. He's putting up Messi-esque numbers this calendar year. I'm in love with the man, which I shouldn't be considering his contract isn't sorted yet. I don't want to be ****ed over again, so give the man whatever he wants.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny 5/10

Djourou 6/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 9.5/10
Santos 6/10

Song 7/10
Arteta 7/10
Ramsey 8/10

Gervinho 8/10
Walcott 7/10
van Persie 10/10 what can I say?

Sub:
Jenk 6/10
Rozza 7/10 (special note for his header that started our 5th goal)
TV N/A

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Gstew I completely agree with your ratings

Santos is a strange one. He really can't defend but for some reason I really like him as a player

caek

Sczesny (6.5) - Couldn't have saved any of the 3 goals that went in I reckon. Apart from the almost sending-off, was generally quite commanding. Loved his tactics in running the clock down too.

Djourou (5.5) - Absolutely shocking in the first half, truth be told. Obviously he's being played out of position, but we could and should have been 2-nil down in the first 5 minutes of the game because of his errors. He did get slightly better in the 2nd half, but I think this was mainly due to Mata drifting into more central positions.

Mertesacker (5.5) - Was at fault for the first two goals, but loved the way he picked himself up and produced a generally solid second-half display. Have to remember that he's not accustomed to the pace of this league yet, but he's getting there.

Koscielny (8) - An absolute beast of a CB this lad is turning out to be. He reads the game so well and causes all sorts of problems because of his pace and to players who like playing the ball on the ground. What a buy he is turning out to be, seriously, I had my doubts and sure, some games he's sub-par, but the potential is there.

Santos (6.0) - Useless in the first half, but brilliant in the second half. Took his goal well and brings a whole new dimension to our attacking play. Defensively, he needs some work and I still have my doubts, but for now, I'll overlook this since we ended up winning.

Song (6.5) - Had one of his quieter games, especially in the first half. In the second half though, when Mata drifted into more central positions, he was on Mata like a dirty rash (apart from the goal, which in the end was almost deflected by him). He got better as the game went on I think.

Ramsey (8.5) - The lad was EVERYWHERE. I'm not kidding, even my Chelsea mates were whinging about him. The effort he put in was outstanding. Some brilliant passes and more importantly, his determination and grit and the fact that he never gave up, he's getting back to his best. Got a few assists too.

Arteta (6.5) - Was generally solid, didn't see too much of him. Certainly not as much as Ramsey.

Walcott (8.0) - Theo's been poor in the last few games, but what a way to turn it around. He really showed up today. Had Cole in shambles almost every time he had the ball. Some great passes into the box too (usually his vice) that both RVP and Gervinho should have buried. Either way, his goal has got to be up there with the most comical, but brilliant goals ever scored. I don't think I've ever seen someone go through four defenders, stumble, do a chest slide in-between, get back up and bury the ball in the back of the net.

Gervinho (7.5) - Decent game, should have scored though. Made amends by gifting RVP a goal.

RVP (8.5) - Was unusually quiet for a lot of the game but his job is to score goals and that's what he did. I didn't have any doubts about his 1v1 and I knew he was going to score the 5th as soon as the ball went to him. His finishing is out of this world. It really is.

Overall, fantastic effort from the lads. We're on a bit of a roll now aren't we! Got to take my hat of to the away fans. My old-man reckons we have the best away fans in the league. Completely drowned out anything those Chavs were singing.

Oh to be, oh to be, oh to be a Gooner.

The Escaped Ape

Szczesny 5/10 - When is he going to stop with this mad running out of his area crap? Petr Cech, who otherwise had a terrible game, showed how it was done shortly after Szczesny brought down Cole. I had my heart in my mouth for a moment there.

Djourou 6/10 - he's not a full back and looked badly exposed at the beginning, but became stronger as he went along. Clearly not a long term solution.

Mertesacker 5/10 - Gaarrgh. Does he need to beef up, a la Koscielny compared to last season? He's getting muscled off the ball in the area far too easily (c.f. second Chelsea goal).

Koscielny 8/10 - as solid as he's been in every match recently. The one bright part of the defence for the whole game. Quietly gets on with his job and comes up with some crucial tackles.

Santos 4/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the second. I can see why he has the cult status he has. It really shouldn't work - a pudgy, slow Brazilian full back, but then it does and you're wondering if there are actually twin brothers playing with the same number on their shirt.

Song 7/10 - not a great first half, but an excellent second.

Arteta 6/10 - quietly got on with stuff.

Ramsey 7.5/10 - nice to see him really getting back into his normal, pre-leg break form. He's not there yet, but it's exciting that he's this good when he's not there yet.

Gervinho 7/10 - missing two sitters was very frustrating, but excellent poise to calmly pass the ball to RVP for the goal. His movement is still causing problems for the other team and helping create more space for others as a result. The interplay between Gervinho, RVP and Ramsey is really exciting me at the moment.

Walcott 8/10 - can you do this a bit more often please Theo? I loved his goal, particularly the fact that he scored it surrounded by 4-5 immobile Chelsea players.

Van Persie 10/10 - Please pay him what it takes/buy the players we need to persuade him to stay. Calm, clinical, elegant movement.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

goonerwarsh said:
Gstew I completely agree with your ratings

Santos is a strange one. He really can't defend but for some reason I really like him as a player

He doesn't hide , scored the goal then got on top of Bosingwa and Sturridge .

illmatik

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Szczesny 5/10

Djourou 6/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 8.5/10
Santos 7/10

Song 5.5/10
Arteta 6/10
Ramsey 8/10

Gervinho 7/10
Walcott 8/10
van Persie 9/10

How do you give a 9/10 for scoring a hat trick at Stamford Bridge? **** off with your crazy standards

Shue

Established Member
illmatik said:
How do you give a 9/10 for scoring a hat trick at Stamford Bridge? **** off with your crazy standards
Probably to do with the scoring scheme he copies from Serie A (I think)

He's consistent with it though.

Top Bottom