• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings | Ch3l5ea vs Arsenal

alboots101

Established Member
celestis said:
goonerwarsh said:
Gstew I completely agree with your ratings

Santos is a strange one. He really can't defend but for some reason I really like him as a player

He doesn't hide , scored the goal then got on top of Bosingwa and Sturridge .

he made some excellent tackles during the game as well, it is a little worrying that he seemed easily beaten when a player takes him on the outside. I`m not sure that he`ll improve on what we`re seeing as far as his defending is concerned but going forward he really is a goal threat.

outlaw_member

Established Member
illmatik said:
outlaw_member said:
Szczesny 5/10

Djourou 6/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 8.5/10
Santos 7/10

Song 5.5/10
Arteta 6/10
Ramsey 8/10

Gervinho 7/10
Walcott 8/10
van Persie 9/10

How do you give a 9/10 for scoring a hat trick at Stamford Bridge? **** off with your crazy standards

I've probably only ever seen a rare few 10/10 performances in my entire life, and I can't even remember them. Few players are ever close to being flawless on the pitch (or score 4 goals), which is what a 10/10 is for me. I recall numerous poor controls, and misplaced actions from van Persie, hence why he did not get the complete score. If he had scored 4, then he would have, because I tend to give an extra point for a goal.

Edit: Plus what Shue said, though, I concur with that scoring scheme as opposed to copying it. :x

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't think Santos is a bad defender actually, though he will get outpaced which is unusual for us in the LB spot. He's strong and clean in the tackle, but he does tend to make 'all or nothing' challenges which are bound to be punished from time-to-time.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
His tackling looks pretty weird to me, he just sticks out a leg and hope he catches the ball. Sometimes it's the right thing to do, but a lot of the times he should be more reactive because he risks getting completely burned.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm sure his fitness is an issue, but I doubt he can improve that quickly.

We've witnessed something similar with Arsh, therefore I'm cautious in demanding a higher fitness level of certain players.

mo50

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
mo50 said:
Andre Santos has 2 goals in 2 months. Clichy had 2 goals in 8 years.

Didn't Clichy only score one? (and a dubious one at that)

The one v. Stoke was dubious, but I'm sure he scored one against Leyton Orient last season in the FA cup.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
mo50 said:
rich 1990 said:
mo50 said:
Andre Santos has 2 goals in 2 months. Clichy had 2 goals in 8 years.

Didn't Clichy only score one? (and a dubious one at that)

The one v. Stoke was dubious, but I'm sure he scored one against Leyton Orient last season in the FA cup.

Just checked, Clichy did score against Orient. However, i don't think that goal against Stoke should count so one it shall remain.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Screw the ratings.

RvP, Kos were perfect. Song and Ramsey had very good games. Walcott and Gervinho were always dangerous.

What a perfect day and this clip makes up for a pure pleasure. Enjoy your day !

2yls1gm.gif

CandysRoom

Established Member
I actually really like the way Santos tries to defend as he get's the ball a hell of a lot doing it.

He'll have to learn though, that sometimes jockeying the player might be better to allow our defense to get into shape.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i know andre santos he is player who dont like to defned but he like to score goals, but in PL you need to defend am sure he will work on it, and i like andre santos he know when to go forword he search for spaces and score goals.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Szczesney - 6.5 - Looks confident all the time, but we conceded 3 goals.. a moment of crazy and lucky when he took out A.Cole (he was lucky we had someone behind him or he was off). had a few good saves, but overall i have seen him better.. still learning, but im comfortable with him

Djourou - 6 - if it were not for the second half, he would have gotten a 3.. he was abysmal in the first half, got burned time and again.. greatly improved in the second half (as did all of our defence overall)

Mertesacker - 6.5 - was more even than Djourou, but was lucky Kos was in great form today on many occasions. his missed header let Terry score right before half time, and he's slowwwwwwwww

Koscielny - 8 - easily our best defender on the day. was not nearly as bad as the rest in the first half, and was crucial in the second half.. great game from him

Santos - 6.5 - see explanation from Djourou, except he gets the extra half point for his goal (which was well taken).. defended better in the second half, but he got skinned so many times

Song - 7 - as with the whole team, was better in the second half.. he seems to grow as games go on (his fitness is very good this season, doesnt drop off as much as others).. great ball for Santos' goal

Arteta - 7 - was clean & tidy.. brings a calm to the midfield, which comes with experience.. decent display, mature performance from him. very steady with some decent passes

Ramsey - 8.5 - was everwhere today. gut busting performance. was easily our best midfielder (not knocking the others, but he was great). if it werent for 3-goals RvP, he would be my MOTM.. starting to show the progress he was making before the injury. I hope it continues. Song-Wilshere-Ramsey should be mouth watering..

Gervinho - 8 - was quiet for parts of the game, but made some great runs, got behind the defence time and again, and set up RvP's game winner

Walcott - 8 - same as Gervinho, but he scored a great goal himself... was a good display from him. caused problems for Chelsea, looked good in front of Capello

RvP - 9 - wasnt a perfect game from him (he missed a few great chances), but he scored 3 goals including the game winner away to Chelsea.. he is THE man.. more cannot be said

Subs:

Jenkinson - 6 - didnt really have too much to do.. but wasnt at fault for anything.. made us nervous when he was brought on, but was OK

Rosicky - 7 - looked lively when he came on.. won the header at the back that allowed us to break and put the game away.

Vermaelen - 7 - didnt do a whole lot, but just to see him back is a huge boost.. got him some more minutes.. good enough

all in all, we were not great defensively, especially in the first half, but what a thrilling game, and a very good morale-boosting win.. we really needed that.

Bossa

Established Member
Szscesny 5.5
Djourou 5.5
Mertesacker 5.5
Koscielny 8
Santos 4 for defending and 7 for attacking
Song 7
Arteta 7
Ramsey 8
Gervinho 8
Walcott 8
RVP 9.5

yuvken

Established Member
Analysis thread (we used to do that in what is now plain: "ratings") post one of our greatest results in recent times (surely this year), and perhaps - hopefully - a turning point, and I'm missing the analysis a bit.

AW rating anyone? much of this game was crazy, and Mr. hands off did have some touches on the game - late subs, some were questing them as they happened, Sticking with Santos (Verms on bench) after that first half. 4:1 second half score - HT influence? And - it all seems to start working for him, doesn't it?
And what to do with Santos: everyone seems to like him, though everyone agrees we just can't have - or not have - a LB like this.
I don't know if I can buy into the "he's actually a good defender", and maybe today showed him harshly. So what do we do? can he be tought, or at least improved and focused to perform better? should he be there for sertain games? should he be eboued forward?
Aaron Ramsey: still in the last days he had major doubters. Is it at least clear we are not fools to have him as a major part of our scheme? I actually think he may benefit from Jack's return (if it doesn't take him a long time to get in form), contrary to "he might lose his place".

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chesney 6

Djourou 6 (Jenko 6)

Kosh 8 Where is torres oh in le kosh pocket

Merte 6 the 1st and 2nd goal your mistake merte hope this not happen again

Santos 7 learn how to defend andre but nice goal nice one

Song 6.5 bad first half good 2nd half and nice assist

Arteta 7

Ramsey 7.5 great game from him nice passes and nice assist for the 1st goal keep it up rambo

Walcott 7 good game rape ashley many times and nice goal too theo keep it up

Gervinho 7 he start learn how to play with the team nice movements from him always search for spaces ,and his skills is damn good
a
RVP 9 no comment(legned) just he is on fire stay fit please

Verms 6

Rozza 6 he really made some nice tackles and passes when he enter

Anzac

Established Member
5 players rate 8 or higher;
only 4 rate lower than 7;
I don't recall the last time I saw such a bias towards the top end & such an overall performance from the majority of the team.

The trick is to now make this the norm rather than the exception.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Missed this during the game but Ramsey had an almost identical pass to Gervinho ruled out for offiside at 1.36. Suggests that it was a reharsed move to punish Chelseas high defensive line.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1EkLf7lIY0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1EkLf7lIY0</a>

justinmitchell

I reckon a few people are being pretty harsh on Santos. Granted his first half was rubbish, but his 2nd was almost faultless.

1st half ratings:
Snes - 6
DJ - 6.5
Kos - 7
Per - 6
Santos - 5.5

Song - 6.5
Ramsey - 6.5
Arteta - 6.5

Walcott - 6.5
RVP - 7
Gerv - 7

2nd half ratings:
Snes - 6.5
DJ - 7
Kos - 8
Per - 7
Santos 8.5

Ramsey - 7.5
Song - 6.5
Arteta - 7.5

Walcott - 7.5
RVP 10
Gerv 8

The 1st half was OK with our attack being threatening but the midfield and defense being a bit ****. The 2nd half was fantastic. RVP and Santos were definitely the best performers of the 2nd half. Santos's tackling was amazing and it would have been a faultless 2nd half if not for Mata's goal. At least it should have been a foul against Lukaku. Refereeing was good until the 70 minute mark then a few random and questionable decisions started going Chelsea's way. ****ing Andre **** Mariner - bottler.

Good game to watch and RVP's 3 were fantastic, especially the second!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom