• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings thread: Norwich vs Arsenal

WengerFaithful

Metz's was a complete liablitly on Saturday he was shell shocked for most of the match after his mistake (it was a mistake - no way was that a foul) He should have been taken off, Most of the passes back to Snezy was via the boot of Metz's who didnt even feel comfortable passing the ball forward 6 yards for fear of making a mistake.

Gervinho even though his finishing is poor is such an asset his directness and ball retention is a living nightmare for defenders and makes holes in defenses for others to exploit and changing of wings with Walcott is also a major distraction for the oppostion.

Arteta was nice and tidy again and is solid signing (cant take a free kick though) and I left pondering why he is does taken them.

Ramsey was a little of colour and a bit disappointing but lovely tackle that started the move for our second goal.

Very noticeable was Songs choice of pass to RVP for the second which was a harder pass then to Gervinho as Song must have made an instant decision that Gervinho was not up to the task.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Ramseys engine is incredible tbf, everytime we had a goal scoing opportunity he was somewhere in the background waving his hands. If we start look for his late runs into the box a bit more he will score plenty.

ricky1985

Established Member
WengerFaithful said:
Metz's was a complete liablitly on Saturday he was shell shocked for most of the match after his mistake (it was a mistake - no way was that a foul) He should have been taken off, Most of the passes back to Snezy was via the boot of Metz's who didnt even feel comfortable passing the ball forward 6 yards for fear of making a mistake.
That's just not true.

WengerFaithful

ricky1985 said:
WengerFaithful said:
That's just not true.

IMO its a just statement in the EPL you have not defended the ball until it is knocked away safely he mentally taught he had done enough getting in front of Morrison who had the desire to get back in front for the hunt of the ball. After that he went into himself and in the second half he sent the ball back to Sneezy time and time again unnecessiarly causing Sneezy to kick the ball under pressure back to Norwich.

ricky1985

Established Member
It was a bad mistake for the goal, definitely, but a couple of hairy moments aside - the Holt dive and a time when he fell over near the corner flag - he made a lot of good decisions and won a lot of headers/tackles.

I was pleased with how calm he looked later in the game after the bad mistake.

ibby

Established Member
I still think it was a foul on Mertesacker for the goal. Premier League or not, Norwich's attacker used both hands to throw Mertesacker to the ground.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Completely agree, Ibby. It was made to look like a defensive error by poor refereeing, although Dowd (sort of) made up for it by not giving them a penalty for the dive in the second half and booking the forward instead.

Bossa

Established Member
Szscesny 7
Koscielny 7
Mertesacker 5.5
Vermaelen 8
Santos 7
Song 7
Arteta 6
Ramsey 6
Gervinho 7
Walcott 8
RVP 9

Floating

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:
Ramseys engine is incredible tbf, everytime we had a goal scoing opportunity he was somewhere in the background waving his hands. If we start look for his late runs into the box a bit more he will score plenty.

Aaron Ramsey: Everywhere™

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

ibby said:
I still think it was a foul on Mertesacker for the goal. Premier League or not, Norwich's attacker used both hands to throw Mertesacker to the ground.

Yup thats a good point one of his arms were around his neck.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Szscesny 7
Koscielny 6
Mertesacker 5
Vermaelen 8
Santos 7
Song 6
Arteta 6
Ramsey 6
Gervinho 7
Walcott 8
RVP 9

I've given the midfield 6's to reflect they were all a little sloppy and not at the level we know they can be. That said, Song, Arteta and especially Ramsey gave it all physically which is great by me.

RvP my motm but both supporting forwards had good shifts.

I feel I'm being slightly harsh on Per. That mistake was horrendous, but he was ok overall. Other than that, a good showing by the defence. Vermaelen just doing his thang...

mistaT

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:

Was great to see Gervinho, RVP and Ramsey all in the box for our first goal :mrgreen:

Our work rate team wide has certainly lifted this year and if we can keep it up we'll continue to see the benefits. Slightly concerned though as it noticeably dropped off last year post Christmas.

yuvken

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
WengerFaithful said:
That's just not true.
Even if I don't take ricky's side, the bolded claim is poor. Psychologically distructive, tactically suspect, not substantiated by results, would stand out against all this team's (and boss') way - and I also believe it's a good way.
Very few situations in which such "punishment" is justified (and that does take into account the possibility it's just about the game itself).

mo50

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:

Also, Arteta is consistently in such good positions, ready for the cut back from Walcott/Gervinho. I'm liking our style of play, whereby both Walcott and Gervinho are getting to the byline and providing excellent goalscoring opportunities for their teammates. I think we need another quick and tricky wide forward so we don't revert back to the old tippy tappy bullshit when one of them gets injured.

Floating

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:

Totally agree mate. I think our two wide forwards are just set on picking out Robin every chance they get because of his incredible form. The goals will come for Ramsey, he has the engine, the instincts, and the technique to get 10-15 goals a season.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Ramsey needs to get a couple of goals to raise his profile a bit, it's natural Theo and Gervinho are only looking for RvP because he's the only one scoring regulary atm. Ramsey has big goal scoring potential though.

Anzac

Established Member
Take note = I thought Walcott looked very good on the flank;
RVP was class;
Gervinho gets into some great positions & our front 3 are starting to look like 3 forwards in a front 3;
I thought our midfield was meh,
but I also think we lost our shape & discipline as we chased a winner & didn't settle again until we'd taken the lead.
Arteta's passing was poor as he looked to find a killer pass,
Song's 1st touch got heavy as he went forward to support the attack in the 2nd half. Rambo looked like he was playing a SS role.
TV could have undone all his good work when he went on a run upfield from defence after we'd taken the lead;
Mert is far too 'soft' for such a big guy.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Anzac said:
TV could have undone all his good work when he went on a run upfield from defence after we'd taken the lead;
Song instantly covered in the CB position. Nice to see the team on the same wavelength and showing good awareness.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Floating said:
kalleTheMan said:

Totally agree mate. I think our two wide forwards are just set on picking out Robin every chance they get because of his incredible form. The goals will come for Ramsey, he has the engine, the instincts, and the technique to get 10-15 goals a season.
...and he also wasted a lot of chances in the last few games since his OM winner, which is probably why they are looking for RvP instead of Ramsey. Just like when Song went for RvP who was in a tougher position, on his weaker foot and was much harder to hit with a pass instead of Gervinho who couldn't hit the back of an empty net to save his life that day.

I'm sure it will sort itself out as Ramsey starts putting them in and gaining confidence.

Anzac

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Anzac said:
Song instantly covered in the CB position. Nice to see the team on the same wavelength and showing good awareness.

Point is that it was unneccessary in the first place,
particularly as Song & Co had earlier started to drift further upfield around the final 3rd.

Top Bottom