• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings | UCL | Marseille 0 Arsenal 1

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Szczesny 7

Jenks 6.5
Merte 7.5
Kos 8.5 MOTM
Santos 6.5

Song 7.5
Arteta 6.5
Rosicky 6.5

Theo 5.5
Robin 6
Arsh 5.5

Gerv 6
DJ 6
Ramsey 6 (for the goal, otherwise no rating)

Bossa

Established Member
Szscesny 7
Jenkinson 6
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8
Santos 6
Song 6
Arteta 6
Rosicky 6
Arshavin 4
Walcott 4
RVP 6

Djourou 7
Ramsey 8
Gervinho 6

godfather

Szscesny 7
Jenkinson 6
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8
Santos 6
Song 7
Arteta 7
Rosicky 7
Arshavin 5
Walcott 6
RVP 7

Djourou 7
Ramsey 7
Gervinho 7

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
redwhiteAustrian said:
Szczesny 7

Jenks 6.5
Merte 7.5
Kos 8.5 MOTM
Santos 6.5

Song 7.5
Arteta 6.5
Rosicky 6.5

Theo 5.5
Robin 6
Arsh 5.5

Gerv 6
DJ 6
Ramsey 6 (for the goal, otherwise no rating)

Agree with all those ratings, apart from those in midifeld, who'd all get 1 less mark. Our midfield was rancid mank.

mistaT

Established Member
Hard to rate anyone from that match but Koscielny, and Ramsey if you may.

Song was alright, the rest were quite poor in my opinion with the worst offenders being Walcott and Arshavin for doing little to get in the box.

Glad to see Rambo get another goal - he's definitely a threat every time he plays and I'm not sure that can be said about anyone but RVP and him.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
mistaT said:
Hard to rate anyone from that match but Koscielny, and Ramsey if you may.

Song was alright, the rest were quite poor in my opinion with the worst offenders being Walcott and Arshavin for doing little to get in the box.

Glad to see Rambo get another goal - he's definitely a threat every time he plays and I'm not sure that can be said about anyone but RVP and him.
jack-wilshere_81443t.jpg

qs

Established Member
amirkat said:
Koscielny
Song
Rosicky

played well IMO. The rest were average.

What did Rosicky do? He was the attacking midfield and he didn't play one good ball all night. He's terrible.

yuvken

Established Member
Not too bothered by ratings - no one was really really good, Theo and Arsh were rather poor. The amazing part for me was how many players now can be very good and shocking in the same game. I thought that applied to day to Song, Santos, Rosicky, and even Kos (who did overall have a good game).
Whole team ranking: another 10 mm forward. clean sheet. points. away win. who's even thinking about class.
Edit: and agree with enl on Merte. he's in complete contrast to the point above - Mr. stable and safe (sometimes too safe, like hoofing what we really should hold, but I'm ok with that)

Linson

I really do believe that people pre-judge Rosicky before he's even set foot on the pitch. He played well today and has done most of the season. Him and our two centre halves were our best players today.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Rosicky was decent, played with urgency and was, very combative and committed in the middle of the park.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
I thought Merte was better than Rosicky personally. Been pleasantly surprised with the big German.

Hate to say I told you so :wink:

Now can everyone listen to me when I say that Cahill isn't good enough for us. Thanks 8))

DanielVale

Kos and Merte my men of the match. Followed by Arteta.

I gotta say though, Santos needs to get in the gym, he looked like he ate all the pies at half time - was absolutely shagged out by the 50th minute.

Team rating of 8.

Spork

Established Member
I thought Rozza pressed very well, but all round I am actually happy with the performance, there was only one or two moments where Marseille worried us, and there were plenty where we looked as if we could score.

However, Theo looked absolutely horrible, couldn't cross, couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't beat his man.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
Edit: and agree with enl on Merte. he's in complete contrast to the point above - Mr. stable and safe (sometimes too safe, like hoofing what we really should hold, but I'm ok with that)
I thought we saw a glimpse of how poor he can be against tricky players. He got skinned in our own box by Remy during the first half and looked shaky another time a few minutes after. Rest of his game was solid.

Floating

Established Member
Mertesacker and Koscielny looked quality tonight. Can't wait until Vermaelen comes back though!

ArsenalDNA

SZCZESNEY - 6.5 - Didn't have to make a single save the whole game...that i can remember

JENKINSON - 7 - Probably his best game for us. His crossing has nice whip but doesn't get anywhere near any of our players.
MERTERSACKER - 5 - God knows why he gets no where near the ball for attacking corners. Got owned once or twice by Remy and Valbuena.
KOSCIELNY - 9 - Easily man of the match, he's such a monster in the CL. Would love to see him and Vermaelen get a couple of months together.
SANTOS - 5.5 - Not much going forward despite how often he tried. Too many **** balls into the middle of the field in our own half.

SONG - 6.5 - Saved our ass on one occasion. Decent other wise. Not much going forward.
ARTETA - 6.5 - Was making tackles all over the place. Not much going forward again. But for 85 minutes no one was.
ROSICKY - 6 - Our midfield raped theirs so i think they all deserve at least a 6. They gave plenty of ball to lolcott and arshavin and neither of them could do anything with it.

ARSHAVIN - 3 - A joke. His stupid back heels weren't working and not once did he even look like creating something.
VAN PERSIE - 5 - Pretty poor. Was offside the whole night and was always trying forward runs. In games like this i would much prefer him drop back and come and get the ball instead of hoping for miracle balls.
THEO - 1 - Useless. He got in one good position but it wasn't through any good work of his own. Can accept the miss cause the defender did well. His **** crossing is frustrating. Idk why he doesn't look up and see that RvP is marked by two guys and then at least try to take a defender on.

GERVINHO - 7 - The first player to look like taking players on. Sometimes it comes off sometimes it didn't. His introduction opened things up a lot more. One good pass through to RvP.
DJOUROU - 7 - Unlucky with the yellow card. Looked pretty strong at the back and was alright going forward.
RAMSEY - 7.5 - +.5 for the goal. Introducing him and Gervinho opened the game up a bit. Had some other good moments too.

Overall - We never really looked like losing. Having two **** wingers kind of made the game a lot harder then it should have been. The way we play we rely on those two players to make a difference and be creative/threatening and obviously tonight our two starting wingers were beyond ****. We were getting into good positions in the first half but for some reason we just kept crossing it and didn't look like scoring once from it.

mccroix

DJ_Markstar said:
ebouenolike said:
I thought Merte was better than Rosicky personally. Been pleasantly surprised with the big German.

Hate to say I told you so :wink:

Now can everyone listen to me when I say that Cahill isn't good enough for us. Thanks 8))

seriously what game were you watching, I don't know how many times Merte was abused and just stumbled and fell to the ground

Latest posts

Top Bottom