• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings vs Sunderland

McShay

Almunia 6 Didnt seem that comfortable today

Sagna 6 Average
Gallas 7 Was one of best players on the pitch today
Vermaelen 6 same as sagna
Traore 6 Didn't expect alot from him but did his job

Song 7 Both him and cesc were trying to drive the midfield forward to support eddie
Fabregas 7 same as song
Ramsey 5 Below par today

Nasri 6 Some nice touches other than that he was poor no width
Eduardo 6 Was drifting back an forward due to lack of support
Rosicky 6 Average but wasn't providing width which we lacked today

Subs:

Arshavin 7 Looked dangerous and nearly scored at the end
Vela 7.5 He caused sunderland alot of problems when he came on provided a attacking threat
Walcott 7 Didn't do that bad and provided us with some type of width

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia 5
Sagna 7
Gallas 6,5
Vermaelen 6,5
Traore 5
Song 7,5
Fabregas 7
Ramsey 5
Rosicky 5,5
Nasri 5,5
Eduardo 5,5

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Almunia - 5 Strange decision making, i.e. the aerial ball when we had no aerial presence.

Sagna - 5 Crosses didnt come through consistently today, also ran into corners quite a bit. Seemed a tactic for the man who has done well on the flank.
Gallas - 6 Performed well especially since being under pressure from crowd and of course his qualifier match midweek. Played a risky game with the offside trap though.
Vermaelen - 6.5 Good defensive touches and tried to force the issue going forward. Good to see this sort of mentality in the side.
Traore - 5 Not a good performance. What worried me though was his behavior on the pitch, strange indeed.

Song - 7.5 MOTM for us. Was hard, creative and unlucky not to score.
Cesc - 5.5 Kept quiet by Cana, and the lack of space.
Ramsey - 5 One or two good touches, but gave the ball away too much, especially with Sunderland's tactics.
Nasri - 5 Average game for his ability
Edu - 5 Quiet, and a touch too many when playing one twos with Song
Rosicy - 5 Average game for his ability

Subs:

Walcott - 5.5 Looked menacing, and a good tactic to bring him on as an impact sub. Provided a good ball or two into the box.
Shava - 5.5 Tried and unfortunate at times. Not in the best of form though
Vela - 5.5 Was menacing and unfortunate.

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 5
Vermaelen 5
Gallas 6
Traore 5
Sagna 6
Song 8
Fabregas 5
Ramsey 4
Nasri 5
Rosicky 3
Eduardo 4

Arshavin 5
Walcott 5
Vela 7

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 5.5
Traore 5.5
Song 7
Fabregas 6
Ramsey 5
Rosicky 5
Nasri 5
Eduardo 5

Ricky_AFC

Almunia - 5 - Had little to do but still didn't communicate well with his defence, kicked too many high balls up front that we were never going to win and lucky no one was around to get on the end of his fumbled take from Gallas.
Sagna - 7 - Defensivley solid and got up to support the attack quite well.
Vermaelen - 6.5 - Mostly solid and eager to make things happen but lost Bent for the goal.
Gallas - 7 - Same as Vermaelen except the goal mistake.
Traore - 6 - Done alright. Some nice crosses and no mistakes.
Song - 8 - Solid. So strong and made a chance that Eduardo should have scored with his dribble.
Fabregas - 7.5 - Worked hard but couldn't find that bit of magic to create a goal. Not that he had a lot in front of him to work with.
Ramsey - 5 - Sloppy in possession and didn't really get into the game.
Rosicky - 5 - Same as Ramsey
Nasri - 6.5 - Didn't have much of an impact on the game but was net and tidy with the ball.
Eduardo - 5 - Didn't hold the ball up well at all and didn't score a good chance. Not a good day for him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia - 5

Sagna - 6
Vermaelen - 7
Gallas - 7
Traore - 3

Song - 6
Cesc - 6
Ramsey - 4

Rosicky - 4
Eduardo - 5.5
Nasri - 5

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 6
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Traore 5.5

Song 7
Fabregas 6
Ramsey 5.5

Nasri 5.5
Eduardo 6
Rosicky 5

flobaba

GK - Won't bother rating this postionn until we get a real goalie or they have decent/outstanding games.

Sagna 6
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 5
Traore 5

Fabregas 6
Song 7
Ramsey 5

Nasri 5
Eduardo 4
Rosicky 4

Arshavin- 5
Walcott- 4
Vela- 4.5

Anzac

Established Member
Am I the only one who sees Song getting forward as a symptom of our issues? For me he gets too involved & too far forward when we are pushing to score.

Shredder

I can't be bothered to do the whole thing, but I really got sick of watching Sagna hoof the ball into the closest on-comer every time he tried to cross today. It didn't seem to matter if the defender was two feet or twelve yards away, if there was someone in the way, he was going to hit him with the ball no matter what. Walcott looked like Beckham in comparison.

Bacary: 3 - back to the drawing board

Del Boy

Established Member
Shredder said:
I can't be bothered to do the whole thing, but I really got sick of watching Sagna hoof the ball into the closest on-comer every time he tried to cross today. It didn't seem to matter if the defender was two feet or twelve yards away, if there was someone in the way, he was going to hit him with the ball no matter what. Walcott looked like Beckham in comparison.

Bacary: 3 - back to the drawing board
Why doesn't he shake it up with a left footed in swinger...?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lets not forget which team dominated and also the nature of Sunderlands goal - we weren't that bad.

Almunia 6

Sagna 6
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 6.5
Traore 6

Fabregas 6.5
Song 7.5
Ramsey 5.5

Nasri 5.5
Eduardo 6
Rosicky 6

Arshavin- 6.5
Walcott- 6
Vela- 6.5

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
Am I the only one who sees Song getting forward as a symptom of our issues? For me he gets too involved & too far forward when we are pushing to score.
Naah, occasionally he does get forward, same as even the CBs do but he's usually the first person covering the CBs and defence when we are under attack, often taking the CB's space when the CBs are covering the wings. Fortunately he didn't pick up a yellow so he'll be available for the Chelsea game..phew!

Biggus

Established Member
Ricky_AFC said:
Almunia - 5 - Had little to do but still didn't communicate well with his defence, kicked too many high balls up front that we were never going to win and lucky no one was around to get on the end of his fumbled take from Gallas.
Someone was around to get on the end of the corner he refused to come for. :roll:
Anzac said:
Certainly not Anzac, Song did well today and it was a good opportunity to compare him to Cana but we have no shape really when we attack everybody turns up everywhere (except in the 6 yard box for crosses), did you see Gallas racing ahead too- getting clipped and dispossessed- and then lying on the ground injured whilst Sunderland counter attacked? :roll:

Anzac

Established Member
Biggus said:
Anzac said:
Certainly not Anzac, Song did well today and it was a good opportunity to compare him to Cana but we have no shape really when we attack everybody turns up everywhere (except in the 6 yard box for crosses), did you see Gallas racing ahead too- getting clipped and dispossessed- and then lying on the ground injured whilst Sunderland counter attacked? :roll:

Yeah I made a post during the match that IMO we were trying to be too fluid in the middle of the park & we lost our shape then & there, as we had no width. That and as soon as the CBs get the ball the bloody FBs are up with the mids at half way.

Block10Gooner

Almunia 5 - Poor decision making and poor distribution. Replace. Please
Sagna 5 - Don't go forward when it's not going to be your day. Couldn't beat 1st defender to save his life
Gallas 7 - solid decent game
Vermaelen 6 - lost Bent on the goal
Traore 6 - got forward twice and put in decent crosses both times. Other times he ran forward; no one passed to him.
Song 8 - beast
Fabregas 5.5 - misplaced passes all over the show
Ramsey 4 - just horrible today.
Rosicky 5 - nothing special.
Nasri 4 - awful. Looked like Diaby's understudy. Was intent on giving the ball away whenever he could.
Eduardo 3 - Role not suited to him. Change the tactics if you want to play him and get him to learn finishing again please.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Almunia 5 - never really seems to pull out a stop any more. Indecisive for the Sunderland goal (difficult decision though).
Traore 6 - didn't make any big errors, didn't look shaky. Felt like a solid choice for LB in the absence of Clichy and Gibbs. Easily could've been sent off in stoppage time.
Gallas 7.5 - seemed hyper-aware of the problems up front and tried maybe too hard to fix them. Very tidy and on one occasion he turned a sloppy moment into a good counter.
Vermaelen 7 - lost track of Bent for the goal, seemed distracted by the possibility of being the goal hero again at other times. Otherwise the quality we've come to expect.
Sagna 5 - poor game, and seemingly a tired / lazy brain. I'll admit maybe Eboue would've been better after all.
Song 7.5 - very decent performance, passing was a bit "meh" at times, you could argue he got forward too much but he also nearly got on the end. Would have loved it so much if he could've knocked Eddy's mis-chip in at the far post.
Fabregas 6 - sadly, lots of poor options including some wasted efforts on goal. Looked burdened by inflated expectations from his recent form.
Nasri 5 - meh. Didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do. In limbo.
Ramsey 5 - off day, he's young, suspect he shouldn't be starting for us.
Rosicky 6 - I actually thought he was doing ok, but somehow everything he attempted turned to ****e.
Eduardo 6 - Put the ball in the net the way we know you can and matches like these will be wins. Effort level seemed fine, but he's not a great target for the rest of the team which cuts down our routes to goal.

Subs
Arshavin 7 - desperate, not deadly.
Vela 7 - passing and running in the right areas, i.e inside the penalty box.
Walcott 7 - thought much harder about his crosses than Sagna, great to have him back as an option.

Top Bottom