• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its hard to work out tbh. It’s like everyone’s bipolar at Arsenal at the moment.

What seems pretty clear is that after one of Kroenke"s men is parachuted in to oversee an investigation into how thing s have been run, the guy in charge of running things has left

It's Arsenal, we were never going to do anything acrimoniously in public. The spectrum of Raul's transgressions could range from just being a bit sh*t at the job and overpaying naively (doubtful as he has a lot of experience), to being wasteful to get deals over the line to something more shady.

Doubt we'll ever know. No doubt were better of without him no matter where he fell in the spectrum

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What seems pretty clear is that after one of Kroenke"s men is parachuted in to oversee an investigation into how thing s have been run, the guy in charge of running things has left

It's Arsenal, we were never going to do anything acrimoniously in public. The spectrum of Raul's transgressions could range from just being a bit sh*t at the job and overpaying naively (doubtful as he has a lot of experience), to being wasteful to get deals over the line to something more shady.

Doubt we'll ever know. No doubt were better of without him no matter where he fell in the spectrum
I think it’s being wasteful to get deals done. I think the club would have been a bit more economical with the good will if he was being a complete shyster. None of it reflects well on him regardless because, as you say, someone came in to have a look and he was ejected.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Power struggle with Arteta according to latest sources. The real info will come out as the days and weeks pass.

Something has stunk up the place for the club to dump him after 2 years and restructure again. Finishing 8th wouldn’t have helped either.

think its the paycut issue. Arteta helped out, but then to have Raul tell him whom not to play as punishment, is a line crossed.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is a really good read. I love Wenger but there were times when I wished he'd be more daring and spend big on great potential or proven talent. Looking at the Luiz, Mari and Cedric deals along with the appointment of Emery, you can see millions thrown away to smooth the way for players who are nowhere near world class and a manager who had proven he couldn't cut it at the top. We had maybe 4-5 players who needed upgrading when Wenger left. Now we bave a whole platoon of waste men. We wasted the money Wenger hoarded and have little to show for it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We had maybe 4-5 players who needed upgrading when Wenger left. Now we bave a whole platoon of waste men. We wasted the money Wenger hoarded and have little to show for it.
This has always been the case since Emirates tbh. Absolutely nothing has changed there.

There have been times where we've had just as much if not more - albeit with a stronger starting 11.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think it’s being wasteful to get deals done. I think the club would have been a bit more economical with the good will if he was being a complete shyster. None of it reflects well on him regardless because, as you say, someone came in to have a look and he was ejected.
The reality is that AFC=Kroenke. They can't be economical with the goodwill because in reality, how stupid do they look now with all the speculation that a lot of ordinary people raised at the time. The rich never like to be exposed as fools.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal are a badly run club and has been forever really. The stars really lined up when we hired Wenger and he was able to first bring in French guys, but then later make big sales.

People get their panties in a twist, but before Wenger our average league position was 7 I think, during Wenger it was 3 and now after Wenger our average position is 7/8.

Easy to figure out what’s the norm.

Oh, during Wenger it was 3, but we also built a stadium during this period.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Increasing amount of sources are saying Raul left as a streamlining exercise/mutual consent. Him leaving on good terms.

Arsenal have also denied the investigations into Pepe transfer.

So much for all that then.

Top Bottom