• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pepe £72m
Saliba £27m
Tierney £25m
Ceballos £3m
Luiz £8m
Martinelli £6m

Raul kept Emery (wanted to give him an extension), Raul chose those players. You have Vinai signing sponsorship deals with fake companies. Edu coming in on a leash via his agent. Huss has been no improvement on Law when it comes to contracts.

The people between Arteta and KSE are a big, big problem.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe £72m
Saliba £27m
Tierney £25m
Ceballos £3m
Luiz £8m
Martinelli £6m

Raul kept Emery (wanted to give him an extension), Raul chose those players. You have Vinai signing sponsorship deals with fake companies. Edu coming in on a leash via his agent. Huss has been no improvement on Law when it comes to contracts.

Only problem at our club right now are the reactionary fans living in caravans.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Pepe £72m
Saliba £27m
Tierney £25m
Ceballos £3m
Luiz £8m
Martinelli £6m

Nothing wrong with the majority of those signings? We probably paid £20m too much for Pepe and Luiz is ****. The rest are fine.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with the majority of those signings? We probably paid £20m too much for Pepe and Luiz is ****. The rest are fine.
Didn’t say anything about the quality of the signings, just showing how much we spent last summer window.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I suspect we’ll have a similar amount to spend this window by the way, something like £15om being spent, £100m in.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I suspect we’ll have a similar amount to spend this window by the way, something like £15om being spent, £100m in.

Wouldn't happen, it will be extremely difficult to explain to our players why they took a pay cut when we have £5om to spend. It will be surprising if we have a positive net spending in the summer.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pepe £72m
Saliba £27m
Tierney £25m
Ceballos £3m
Luiz £8m
Martinelli £6m

Pepe in his flop first season has created considerably more end product than Zaha in a lot less time on the pitch.
Saliba might be an amazing signing, we don't know.
Tierney appears to have been a v good signing.
If Ceballos becomes permanent for the now rumoured fee, it will have been money well spent.
Luiz has been ok for the fee.
Martinelli looks like a fantastic bargain so far.

Personally I'm much happier with those signings than the Sven Mislintat contribution of Lichsteiner, Torreira, Mavrapanos, Guendouzi, Leno, Mikhi & Auba, despite Leno being a good signing and Auba being a world class goalscorer.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Why are people comparing Zaha and Pepe. Zaha would most likely do a lot better if he was playing for Arsenal not Crystal Palace.
Well argument can be made for both sides

Pepe scored 8 goals & had 9 assists in all competition. Of those 8 goals I remember 2 pens & 2 free kicks, so 4 goals from open play & he didn’t earn the pens himself. Admittedly it’s his first season under multiple manager & playing for a dysfunctional team.

Zaha has scored 4 goals & 5 assists in all competition while playing in a side that literally caters to his specific style of play to get the best out of him as he is their obvious best player. He's also older than Pepe. Though he would have more goals if he took the pens he earns & would have more assists if he had competent team mates.

Regardless of how he has been we really should give at least one more season before calling Pepe a bust & yes Zaha might've been a safer signing

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people comparing Zaha and Pepe. Zaha would most likely do a lot better if he was playing for Arsenal not Crystal Palace.

I hear this all the time but there are loads of examples of players in lower teams doing well and producing a lot. Zaha hasn't done that

In PL:
3 assists this season
5 assists last season
3 assists season before

Ryan Fraser got 14 assists for a poor Bournemouth side that finished two places below Crystal Palace

Last edited:
Top Bottom