• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I disagree. I think it’s telling that when anything goes wrong in a Man City game, Pep singles Arteta out and yells at him (this is literally every time). It’s clear Pep gives him a lot of responsibility in setting up tactics game-to-game. On top of that, he’s not just been given credit by other coaches as having a bright future but the players he’s worked with have spoken highly of him. He’s the one credited for Sterling’s rise, for example. Bellerin, who should be our captain at this point, has also spoken highly.

May not have the experience most want, but he has to get a start somewhere and I like the idea of bringing sensible attacking football back to the club. Think he’d do a lot more with the current roster than Emery to be honest.
I think that's pretty much what all managers do. Wenger used to rant in Pat Rice's ears all the time like that. Not so much with Bould cause well Bould is a bit of a weirdo

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think that's pretty much what all managers do. Wenger used to rant in Pat Rice's ears all the time like that. Not so much with Bould cause well Bould is a bit of a weirdo
No, it’s different with Arteta. I think Pep has been molding him into a manager. Obviously I could be wrong and reading into the wrong thing but there have been conversations between the two posted by City showing that Pep gives complete tactical control to Arteta for matches (that wouldn’t happen under Wenger). An example of this is an Arsenal game in Wenger’s last season which was Arteta’s first under Pep.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
No, it’s different with Arteta. I think Pep has been molding him into a manager. Obviously I could be wrong and reading into the wrong thing but there have been conversations between the two posted by City showing that Pep gives complete tactical control to Arteta for matches (that wouldn’t happen under Wenger). An example of this is an Arsenal game in Wenger’s last season which was Arteta’s first under Pep.
Pep is doing what Barcelona does with managers since Cruyff... they teach them each other. A lot of people said the real creator for his system was Tito Vilanova... Here was the assistant, and in fact once he went for the managerial position it was like they wouldn’t change the manager. Sadly he passed away from t he cancer.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
https://arseblog.news/2019/11/arsenal-board-sidelined-over-oleary-issue-as-sanllehi-influence-grows/

The Gunners record appearance holder is a regular fixture in the Directors’ Box at the Emirates, and at away games, and many connected to Arsenal feel his knowledge of the game, his experience, and understanding of the club make him an excellent candidate for a position on the board.

Arseblog News understands that a proposal to make that appointment was made to Josh Kroenke by existing board members, however, after a conversation between the owners and Head of Football Sanllehi, it was knocked back, much to the dismay of those in favour of it.

It’s understood there is a concern that the current board are being sidelined, and that key decisions are being made by Sanllehi, and the executive committee which also includes Technical Director Edu, Vinai Venkatesham, and Huss Fahmy. There is also some anxiety over the level of involvement of a number of agents linked to individuals in the new football set-up.

People still think Raul isn't the one behind this mess? This is the new Arsenal, faceless execs with no connection to us and agents behind the scene running the show.

Kav

Established Member
Doesn’t matter. O’Leary is more an Arsenal man than Sanlehi or that Indian guy will ever be.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
plenty of people who are die hard Arsenal, but would still take this club to the bottom. Sadly, love is not that important in world of business

scytheavatar

Established Member

When Arteta becomes manager he will need to be the guy shouting at his assistant....... Nagelsmann said it the best, 30% of coaching is tactics, 70% social competence. There is not much Pep can teach Arteta cause Arteta isn't Pep, nor are we Man City. What's the point of talking about Arteta's tactical brilliance when we do not know how he will react when he's under fire like Emery is ATM? Guys without the talent to be manager like Henry end up making the situation worse with their ego.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
When Arteta becomes manager he will need to be the guy shouting at his assistant....... Nagelsmann said it the best, 30% of coaching is tactics, 70% social competence. There is not much Pep can teach Arteta cause Arteta isn't Pep, nor are we Man City. What's the point of talking about Arteta's tactical brilliance when we do not know how he will react when he's under fire like Emery is ATM? Guys without the talent to be manager like Henry end up making the situation worse with their ego.
It’s a good point. Always a risk in appointing him but I still think he’d do better than Emery with the players we have. Even with all the experience Emery has, he’s still a **** up.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Vinai is the most useless guy. Was getting mugged off by Chinese car companies when Baldie was here and now all of a sudden he's supposed to call shots for a club like Arsenal
He isn't involved in the football side of things. He's responsible for the commercial side of the business. Edu and Raul call the shots footballistically. Incidentally these were the two present at our match against Leicester.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't O'Leary a bit of a **** to us when he was at Leeds?

He was a complete arse. Blowing kisses to Pires at Elland Road etc Pires was about to after him, but was held back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oleary-in-pires-bustup-26105344.html

I am surprised that people have so easily forgotten what a total team of ****s Leeds were, and with O'Leary as their manager...

By all means, get a former Arsenal player on the board, but David O'Leary can **** right off.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Don't know what to think any more. What a terrible mess we are in. Felt like we had done a bit of a hard reset since Wenger left with which I expected a fresh approach and us to be free of a lot of problems that have persisted - yet here we are with the same problems and more despite big changes in both playing and backroom staff. I can only conclude we are cursed...

What kind of leadership pulls the trigger on a 70m signing then the next minute shows absolutely no ambition for the club?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was a complete arse. Blowing kisses to Pires at Elland Road etc Pires was about to after him, but was held back.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oleary-in-pires-bustup-26105344.html

I am surprised that people have so easily forgotten what a total team of ****s Leeds were, and with O'Leary as their manager...

By all means, get a former Arsenal player on the board, but David O'Leary can **** right off.

Always liked Radebe though, always thought he was a great defender (looks like a lovely man too) remember him making a great tackle on Thierry in the game that cost us the league in 2003.

Also, wanted Arsenal to sign Harry Kewell back in the day too.

Top Bottom