• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Head physio / midfield enforcer role. :drool:

Ebq6OftWkAEHShX

IIRC Our NTs physio team is actually alright. Explains why a lot of Brazillian players come here for treatment on medium/long-term injuries.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Personally, given the mediocrity of our squad I place more importance on spending it on good players even if they weren't necessarily our most important position, assuming we weren't able to get the right sort of midfielders in.

This summer it's glaringly obvious that midfield is where we need to spend, and if we lose by Auba & Lacazette we will want a CF.
We did that with Pepe and there has been nothing but non stop complaints for an entire season from the majority of fans.

For me I'm not sure if it would be worth going through all that again. Opportunistic signings just doesn't work because we do not build around our players and it just leads to frustration for everyone.

I would rather we stick to very specific targets and if we miss out then we miss out and just make whatever we have work.

GunnerShy

We did that with Pepe and there has been nothing but non stop complaints for an entire season from the majority of fans.

For me I'm not sure if it would be worth going through all that again. Opportunistic signings just doesn't work because we do not build around our players and it just leads to frustration for everyone.

I would rather we stick to very specific targets and if we miss out then we miss out and just make whatever we have work.
I disagree. We were linked with a wide player all transfer window. Umery wanted a winger. We had one on loan from January. - it wasn't a signing from nowhere. And we did need it, it's just that there's a strong argument we needed a midfielder more. We loaned one, with a clear plan to reinforce this summer permanently, as it happens CV-19 come along making it more difficult, but they will strengthen midfield, it may just be differently.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No faith in them and was hoping we would at least let some exciting youth get a go and we sell one of the most exciting in Balogun. **** sake.

sdotzdot

Established Member
To be fair, being successful in the modern era of football you absolutely need connections, but you have to balance that with a trust in your scouting and academy to also pick up players.

One of Wengers biggest issues was his failure to adapt to this way, you have to if you want to be at the top. In fact, he done the opposite and downright refused to work with some agents, hindering our recruitment for what would have been great options. I respected him for his morals but it definitely slowed down our progression as a team.

Last year was a terrible year as an Arsenal fan and we thought it would effect our transfers. We showed drive and intent and that summer we signed players like Tierney, Saliba, Martinelli and Pepe. Three of them are fantastic players and one is highly regarded as one of the best upcoming talents in France. Ceballos had a great reputation and seemed to be a decent stopgap for a summer where we spent heavy, but unfortunately it didn’t pan out. David Luiz was the only serious questionable purchase and even then with all his experience and the low fee it also was a gamble that could have paid off, but it didn’t. This type of stuff happens in football, not all your purchases and gambles pay off. I’d rather have a club who try to make these gambles recognising the holes rather than stay stagnant and do **** all like we done for many years.

January, we made two loans for positions where we needed cover. For so many years we’d sit around and do **** all in January to keep the squad padded when it absolutely needed it and it cost us. Again, we showed intent to at least try and do something.

The serious questionable stuff happened last week, and at the time I was very pissed off. However, it’s only fair to give it until all of our transfer business this “summer” is completed to judge accordingly and I think what they’ve done so far has been decent enough to give them the benefit of doubt for the time being.

Moleque

Forget about Bayern, they have unlimited asscess to a pool of footballing talent we can only dream about.
Completely missing my point... They have ex players in management positions that actually give a **** about the club. We have the 3 blind mice

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Completely missing my point... They have ex players in management positions that actually give a **** about the club. We have the 3 blind mice

Salihamidzic is as blind as you can be. A puppet for the puppet masters Hoeneß and Rummenigge. They only brought in Kahn recently and the verdict is still very much out on him. Kahn turning out to be another idiot like Brazzo with the old guard retired might turn out as a chance to break Bayern's dominance in Germany.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Why are people ignoring that the club clarified Kia isn't Edu's agent? Because it goes against the agenda memes? :lol:

Now it turns out our agent and intermediary fees are modest too despite the bullshit Amy came out with acting like we were making Kia a billionaire in the Luiz deal.

I rather roast this Spanish slob over keeping his mate in the job months after it was obvious he had to go instead of made up ****.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why are people ignoring that the club clarified Kia isn't Edu's agent? Because it goes against the agenda memes? :lol:

Now it turns out our agent and intermediary fees are modest too despite the bullshit Amy came out with acting like we were making Kia a billionaire in the Luiz deal.

Worth a read even if it’s old.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/05/sportfeatures.westhamunited

I rather roast this Spanish slob over keeping his mate in the job months after it was obvious he had to go instead of made up ****.

Kia technically isn’t an agent that’s why. He runs his agency via proxy and if he’s not an agent he can represent both sides of a deal.

Still waiting on that Kia legal action btw?

Last edited:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Kia technically isn’t an agent that’s why. He runs his agency via proxy and if he’s not an agent he can represent both sides of a deal.

Still waiting on that Kia legal action btw?
Oh how convenient, so he is an agent when he represents Luiz and Cedric but everywhere else some vague mastermind behind all our deals. Not to mention Edu was barely in place when we bought one of Kia's two clients at the club, is he Raul's agent by proxy too?

What does his bullshit legal threats regarding Amy making **** up have to do with us anyway? The club outright denied it and now their accounts of agent fees all but confirm it probably wasn't true.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Oh how convenient, so he is an agent when he represents Luiz and Cedric but everywhere else some vague mastermind behind all our deals. Not to mention Edu was barely in place when we bought one of Kia's two clients at the club, is he Raul's agent by proxy too?

What does his bullshit legal threats regarding Amy making **** up have to do with us anyway? The club outright denied it and now their accounts of agent fees all but confirm it probably wasn't true.

He's legally not allowed to be an agent, IIRC, that's why he represents people through proxies.

The threats are relevant because Kia kicked up a fuss about it and has yet to show any receipts.

You can't ignore Kia's past dealings with Corinthians and QPR and how they went and the influence he's had with our own club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom