• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I always said Reiss was the most talented young prospect since Wilshere, but he really needs to step up his game. He is going to be 20 in December. Still young, but very soon he will not be looked at as a prospect. Iwobi at 19 looked better than anything we have seen from Nelson so far.

Kingofthebongo

I always said Reiss was the most talented young prospect since Wilshere, but he really needs to step up his game. He is going to be 20 in December. Still young, but very soon he will not be looked at as a prospect. Iwobi at 19 looked better than anything we have seen from Nelson so far.

What we think of "talent" is over rated, which is usually flashy and very physically pleasing to the eye.
The most important talent is unseen, the mind.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If he’s playing like this a few months off 20 then he won’t make it as a PL player let alone at Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His use of the ball wasnt bad IMO it was just noticeable how weak looked - muscled off the ball every time he had a significant duel. Needs more games to rectify that which is the conundrum. I am a lot more forgiving of him in fairness so I'll be keeping the faith amongst the slander! Still want to see him get games.

Geofranco

Unpopular opinion: Reiss Nelson is actually quite slow at this level.
Everything we see of him in under whatever level does not translate to PL level.

I don't think he is slow. He doesn't have a ridiculous top speed, but his acceleration is elite, he also has really quick feet.

I think he is really struggling to adapt to the physicality and power of grown men's football.

I can see Saka adapting much quicker as he looks naturally powerful. The same thing with Iwobi, he was not gonna get bullied out there even at 19.

I think it is more than even lifting weights in the gym, dude's body type is a little similar to Walcott, a guy who remained light weight throughout his stay here.

Geofranco

What we think of "talent" is over rated, which is usually flashy and very physically pleasing to the eye.
The most important talent is unseen, the mind.

But that's the thing, Nelson used to show a bit of guile when he was younger.

Not only was he fast, agile with really quick feet, good ball control and first touch, good shooting technique, he was also pretty creative and diligent player. Not just relying on size and strength.

He is never been a big lad even at youth level, he always played 2/3 years above his age group.

I started getting a bit concerned with him at like 16 when it looked like he lost some fluidity in his athleticism and became more mechanical with his movement. He has a lot of work to do!!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It isn't just the physicality he is struggling with at the moment. He didn't only lose duels, he was struggling with everything. Even his shooting, which is a strong point for him usually.

That is what you get with youngsters, the fast majority will struggle when they have to reach this level. People always underestimate the huge step up from the U23's to the PL.

We need to stay patient, he can still make it. What will probably happen now is he will get less minutes in the Pl, build up his confidence through EL and cup games then when he seems ready to go again he will get more chances.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really not good enough understand why emery not trying to play him he not ready yet

Kingofthebongo

But that's the thing, Nelson used to show a bit of guile when he was younger.

Not only was he fast, agile with really quick feet, good ball control and first touch, good shooting technique, he was also pretty creative and diligent player. Not just relying on size and strength.

He is never been a big lad even at youth level, he always played 2/3 years above his age group.

I started getting a bit concerned with him at like 16 when it looked like he lost some fluidity in his athleticism and became more mechanical with his movement. He has a lot of work to do!!

Time on the ball, speed of the game.
There is levels to this ishhh

Impact

Established Member
Reiss was crap today but you expect some ups and downs with young players. A few games ago, people were questioning whether Tammy Abraham was a PL level player, now look at the plaudits he is receiving.

Reiss has to feel the pressure of the top level and step up. No point coddling him. When he does well, you praise him. When he's bad, you also say it straight.

Still think he's the brightest talent we have had since Wilshere.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
This wasn't the game to bring him on, can't judge him though he was very weak.

I do understand why Emery picks Auba as a winger though. Even if you count Iwobi in our options on LW are West Bromwich level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Reiss was crap today but you expect some ups and downs with young players. A few games ago, people were questioning whether Tammy Abraham was a PL level player, now look at the plaudits he is receiving.

Reiss has to feel the pressure of the top level and step up. No point coddling him. When he does well, you praise him. When he's bad, you also say it straight.

Still think he's the brightest talent we have had since Wilshere.
Just needs something significant to go right for him IMO. Needs confidence more than anything else. Last week he had a terrible game against Turkey U21s but still scored the winner before coming off - the subsequent game afterwards he was 10000x better and looked like the weight lifted off his shoulders. He needs a good goal or assist IMO.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
You lot are quick to jump down a players throat, he hasn't even had a proper run of games and the knifes are out :lol:,

trust me once we get a decent coach and a run of games you will see the best of reiss nelson the kids got bags of talent, surely coming in and out of the team cannot help with confidence or getting rhythm,

After watching Walcott live off promise for 10+ years and woefully average players like welbeck for 5+, I've got time for someone with natural talent.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Felt bad for him.

Not sure what he was supposed to add when we have faster, stronger, bigger players available to break already on the pitch & the team completely under attack.

Not exactly what the guy needs when trying to find sharpness & a bit of confidence. Emery on a mad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom