• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Very poor from Emery bringing in a player devoid of confidence at such a critical point in the match. He should've left Özil/Ceballos on the pitch. We couldn't get hold of the ball after they left.
Emery's comments after the Burnley game reflected very poorly on him I thought. He singled him out for 45 minutes of football and yet wouldn't say a word about Xhaka despite a calamitous error in a derby.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked desperate to impress and rushed everything. Knees turned to jelly and he will feel wretched tonight.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Reiss was crap today but you expect some ups and downs with young players. A few games ago, people were questioning whether Tammy Abraham was a PL level player, now look at the plaudits he is receiving.

Reiss has to feel the pressure of the top level and step up. No point coddling him. When he does well, you praise him. When he's bad, you also say it straight.

Still think he's the brightest talent we have had since Wilshere.

Yeah I rate him highly, but he's not showing he deserves first team minutes so far..
I'd be a lot more forgiving if he didn't look scared out there, his game is not translating to senior football at all at the moment, and in that case he should be limited to cup games and loans. His explosiveness is my biggest disappointment though, was expecting so much more, lacking power too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There are better talents from our academy so I'm not concerned with how this ends up. It will be hard to develop under Emery

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I rate him highly, but he's not showing he deserves first team minutes so far..
I'd be a lot more forgiving if he didn't look scared out there, his game is not translating to senior football at all at the moment, and in that case he should be limited to cup games and loans. His explosiveness is my biggest disappointment though, was expecting so much more, lacking power too.
Yeah he is struggling to compete physically. Not strong or heavy enough to hold people off, and at least right now doesn't seem to have the burst to get away either.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah he is struggling to compete physically. Not strong or heavy enough to hold people off, and at least right now doesn't seem to have the burst to get away either.

Yeah exactly, he needs that elite first step to create seperation, I was sure he had that in him, but either I was wrong or he's not showing it.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
At this point I think the question that should be asked is don't the youth players that actually performed well during the preseason deserve the chances in the first team instead? He was poor in preseason, he is not doing much now. Saka on the other hand was one of our best players during preseason and Martinelli had some impressive moments.
With him at the moment getting opportunities over our other talents feels like some sort of first come, first serve policy.

Kingofthebongo

I think the most "talented" player since Wilshere thing really has to stop. If anything, the notion that he obviously will make it as a top level player and just needs time and confidence mounts unneeded pressure on the kid. He is still fighting to survive as a professional footballer at first division level, let alone as a first team player for a huge club like Arsenal. I hope he succeeds, but it is looking rough on him right now. He needs a dramatic improvement in physical capabilities - which is hopeful because it is not impossible at this point, but I really think it is a drastic physical leap he has to take. To be able to achieve this, he will need to get quite psychotic with training ala C.Ronaldo. Whether he wants it that bad, or will be okay settling for a lower tier will be up to him.

Joe Willock looks more talented, Iwobi was more talented at pro level - he didn't make it, Wilshere was miles and miles ahead, and due to injury and circumstance he couldn't cut it long term.

It really really is near impossible to predict who will and won't make it. Hence why teams have and continue let go of future super stars in their youth academy.
The power of mental strength is quite telling.

I really hope he makes it! The other way I can see him making it without drastic physical improvement, is if he really works on movement off the ball and efficiency - essentially if he plays like a 30 year old tactically.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I would actually like to see Nelson next match get subbed in for Pepe and play close to Auba , From what I see there is a partnership there to be had . Partly because they actually try to play off each other . Pepe just seems to isolate himself .

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No idea what people see in this lad. Not good enough yet, if at all.

It’s a yearly tradition with Arsenal fans to go mad over an academy graduate(s). From what I’ve seen in his loan last year and his preseason/start of the season with us is he doesn’t have the pace or strength to play as a winger at the senior level. Not at the minute anyway. His burst of pace at youth level hasn’t transitioned to senior level and he’s currently far too weak to hold off defenders. It might be that his future is in a more central position but we said that about Chamberlain and Iwobi for years. At this point I’d rather see Martinelli or Saka given a chance.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It’s a yearly tradition with Arsenal fans to go mad over an academy graduate(s). From what I’ve seen in his loan last year and his preseason/start of the season with us is he doesn’t have the pace or strength to play as a winger at the senior level. Not at the minute anyway. His burst of pace at youth level hasn’t transitioned to senior level and he’s currently far too weak to hold off defenders. It might be that his future is in a more central position but we said that about Chamberlain and Iwobi for years. At this point I’d rather see Martinelli or Saka given a chance.
He also constantly makes the wrong choice. Willock for me is a far superior player

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've always maintained that ESR is the bigger talent but we should not give up on Nelson yet.

Glad that Emery is giving him a playing time!
He's young but I do not think we should be giving him playing time. We have a top 4 finish to achieve and it won't be done carrying players like this.
The forum was filled with people who saw nothing in Willock and wanted to sell him this time last season.
I'm not the whole forum. Have always liked what I have seen from Willock.

Pepes blue pill

ffs,calm down people, the young players are the least of our problems, be more concerned that our clown manager will ruin these young players, can see heads dropping if we continue to get battered cus we have a useless manager. Nelson will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom