• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Always looks non-plussed. He is so similar to AMN in that.

Thinks this is an endemic problem with this generation of talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Happy to see him get the game time, look forward to seeing how he does under arteta, really hope freddie stays and works with the younger players as well
Me too. He was OK and I was happy to see him get the full 90, as surprising as it was. I just want him to be braver. He's a massive talent, the biggest one in my honest opinion, but he's just not showing it yet. I'm always willing to be patient but unfortunately there aren't a million versions of me supporting the team, and others have already got the knives out for him.

He needs to be smarter about his movement - his combinations and passing are good, but he needs to be incisive when it matters. He hasn't displayed his shooting ability yet. He needs to get into shooting positions, I feel it's his biggest asset at this level, but his movement needs to improve for that to happen and he also needs to show a bit more personality aswell. Was marginally better but to affect games strongly in the PL need more.

Encouraging but could be a lot better from him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There's so much more to come from this kid, I think Arteta will turn him into our version of sterling, definitely has all the Tools to be, his positioning off the ball is what kills him, he never gets himself in open space and is usually crowded out, I'm keeping the faith with reiss....

Sterling was on a whole other level when he was Nelson’s age.

Token Yank

This guy won’t make it on the wing. Doesn’t have enough explosiveness. His only hope is Arteta turning him into a midfielder ala Silva, Foden

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This guy won’t make it on the wing. Doesn’t have enough explosiveness. His only hope is Arteta turning him into a midfielder ala Silva, Foden
He have the talent and ability to play he just not how you say unleash it he lack confidence at the moment too

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He have the talent and ability to play he just not how you say unleash it he lack confidence at the moment too
He's fine on the left cutting in - I prefer him to do that because his shooting is better than his crossing. He has the acceleration but he's not backing himself. That Watford game shook him up real bad, and even before that he was struggling a bit. Just needs that extra bit of power and belief in himself.

Polar Bear

I'm not convinced about the guy, I can barely count on 2 fingers the number of good games he has played for us, he always looks very 5/10 every time, nothing stands out at all. He may have done well in youth, but for the actual senior team I can barely remember a great game for him, he always looks the same, nothing stands out.. maybe a good athlete but his actually footballing ability and skill level? nah not seeing it

Afro Mugo

Me too. He was OK and I was happy to see him get the full 90, as surprising as it was. I just want him to be braver. He's a massive talent, the biggest one in my honest opinion, but he's just not showing it yet. I'm always willing to be patient but unfortunately there aren't a million versions of me supporting the team, and others have already got the knives out for him.

He needs to be smarter about his movement - his combinations and passing are good, but he needs to be incisive when it matters. He hasn't displayed his shooting ability yet. He needs to get into shooting positions, I feel it's his biggest asset at this level, but his movement needs to improve for that to happen and he also needs to show a bit more personality aswell. Was marginally better but to affect games strongly in the PL need more.

Encouraging but could be a lot better from him.
He showed glimpses of his ability. He showed his link up ability and at one moment in the first half he dribbled from the right half space to the box but his shot was blocked. Reiss is a lot like Griezmann even at youth level he reminded me a lot about him. Don't play them as wingers who hug the touchline . They don't have those "long legs explosiveness" despite their dribbling and acceleration . Their attributes shine close to the centre / half spaces movement , acceleration , shooting ability and close control. His best performances in the U23s came when he played as the number 10 and as a Bernardo silva like CM in some games. Interestingly Nagelsmann played him as a CM or part of the front 2 and not as a wing back . I hope Arteta sees this in him the way Simeone turned Griezmann into a world class second striker he moved him central . He's only turned 20. He still has a lot of time . I still have faith

protocal354

He showed glimpses of his ability. He showed his link up ability and at one moment in the first half he dribbled from the right half space to the box but his shot was blocked. Reiss is a lot like Griezmann even at youth level he reminded me a lot about him. Don't play them as wingers who hug the touchline . They don't have those "long legs explosiveness" despite their dribbling and acceleration . Their attributes shine close to the centre / half spaces movement , acceleration , shooting ability and close control. His best performances in the U23s came when he played as the number 10 and as a Bernardo silva like CM in some games. Interestingly Nagelsmann played him as a CM or part of the front 2 and not as a wing back . I hope Arteta sees this in him the way Simeone turned Griezmann into a world class second striker he moved him central . He's only turned 20. He still has a lot of time . I still have faith
I agree. I would like to see him played either as an attacking mid or second striker. He would do more damage there using his skill to beat players and break lines to open space. On the wings he can do that but then runs in cul-de-sacs as his space is negated by opposition players doubling up and closing him down and the touchline of the pitch. He needs space to keep moving and to have greater options. I do believe he can play left wing though cutting inside like at Hoffenheim and in the England youth games. But at present the system and team setup does him no favours with him on the wings as its like there is never any support or players making breaking runs or to receive the pass. So he ends up losing it or passing back to fullbacks. Give him time. I hope he comes good.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think he needs a loan. Martinelli and Saka seem far more confident and both impact games more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Strange how he was hyped up as a wonder kid but doesn't seem to have it at this level. Compare him to Martinelli, Guendouzi & Saka and you can see he lacks the physicality to play with adults.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think he needs a loan. Martinelli and Saka seem far more confident and both impact games more.
Loan to Leeds? I think by now it's safe to say loans didn't work for us and he would have a better chance of learning here with Arteta than being on the bench somewhere else with questionable coaching methods.

Compare him to Martinelli, Guendouzi & Saka and you can see he lacks the physicality to play with adults.
He played with the adults yesterday, looks to be on the same level as any other Everton or Arsenal player. Not great currently but doesn't look any worse than other players on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom