• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He played with the adults yesterday, looks to be on the same level as any other Everton or Arsenal player. Not great currently but doesn't look any worse than other players on the pitch.

He's anonymous in games, can't really challenge for balls. Looks timid out there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's anonymous in games, can't really challenge for balls. Looks timid out there.
Sounds like Özil who btw had quite an impressive career. It just needs to click for all of them, not just Reis. When that happens, and it will, we can talk then if that's the player we need. Let's give them 10-15 games to get into form and get more comfortable to play at this level because none of them had any consistency in being part of first team squad.
If he gets a game and after that he is not part of the squad, how can we expect any improvement and confidence in his game?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sounds like Özil who btw had quite an impressive career. It just needs to click for all of them, not just Reis. When that happens, and it will, we can talk then if that's the player we need. Let's give them 10-15 games to get into form and get more comfortable to play at this level because none of them had any consistency in being part of first team squad.
If he gets a game and after that he is not part of the squad, how can we expect any improvement and confidence in his game?

God I hope we don't get another Özil, that's the last thing we need.

If he doesn't perform well then he doesn't deserve 10-15 games, I don't care if he's a young player. We have a history of giving a lot of minutes to young players who would have terrible games just to sell them or for them to be permanently injured. We need to stop being a farm for youngsters and actually play them if they perform. We don't need more Oxlades or Iwobis.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Loan to Leeds? I think by now it's safe to say loans didn't work for us and he would have a better chance of learning here with Arteta than being on the bench somewhere else with questionable coaching methods.

He played with the adults yesterday, looks to be on the same level as any other Everton or Arsenal player. Not great currently but doesn't look any worse than other players on the pitch.

Loans don't have to be failures. He could go to a championship team pushing for the play offs or a premier league team battling.

You can't replicate a 90 minute Premier League game through training.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Loans don't have to be failures. He could go to a championship team pushing for the play offs or a premier league team battling.

You can't replicate a 90 minute Premier League game through training.
No, but the same goes for training. You can't replicate everyday training with Pepe, Auba and Özil in Championship.
I think we have enough games every season to give them a chance here and it looks like the club feels the same, that's why they've got rid of Mkhi, Elneny and co. Instead of playing rubbish squadies like them, we are playing our younger players.
The only one who needed to go out was Nketiah who was stuck behind Auba and Laca, but things are changing on that front as well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No, but the same goes for training. You can't replicate everyday training with Pepe, Auba and Özil in Championship.
I think we have enough games every season to give them a chance here and it looks like the club feels the same, that's why they've got rid of Mkhi, Elneny and co. Instead of playing rubbish squadies like them, we are playing our younger players.
The only one who needed to go out was Nketiah who was stuck behind Auba and Laca, but things are changing on that front as well.

He's had every day training with Özil, Laca, Auba and Pepe all season and looks lost. I don't we can afford to be giving him league starts. Saka, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Willocm are offering something to our first team.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
If hes gonna make it at this club being in and around the first team squad is where he needs to be at the moment, another loan will do nothing but dent his confidence even more, and more than likely he will be off,

Reiss will make it here, people just need to be patient. Although I understand the frustration with how this season is going so patience is thin, but you need patience with a player with reiss's talents to reap the rewards, plus this season is a write off anyway what better time to blood our youth in...

If hes gonna make it at this club being in and around the first team squad is where he needs to be at the moment, another loan will do nothing but dent his confidence even more, and more than likely he will be off,

Reiss will make it here, people just need to be patient. Although I understand the frustration with how this season is going so patience is thin, but you need patience with a player with reiss's talents to reap the rewards, plus this season is a write off anyway what better time to blood our youth in...
I actually think people are overreacting regarding his performance the other day. Yes, it wasn't very good but it wasn't so bad either and IMO he does not deserve the digs he is getting.

You are right about the bedding in part too. I think it's what Chelsea had in mind after Lampard's appointment before their young team exploded. Would that have happened had the likes of Mount not been allowed to make a mistake or two? Absolutely not.

People need to take a chill pill and understand that we can't throw 500m at players like City do in order to compete at the highest level. We have to depend on our younger players coming good and we have a very good chance at that with the current golden crop but it needs time and confidence which only comes from playing together and for each other in a proper system which I'd like to believe Arteta can set up.

pikey2000

He's a victim of his own hype, people expect to much, they are expecting the next Sancho but Reiss is a couple of seasons off of that, for me its all about mentality with Reiss, clearly has the technical skills, physical attributes but is playing well within himself at the moment, football like so many other sports is so much about self confidence, we shall see if the Arteta effect can help him come out of his shell.

some players never realise their potential though, interesting couple of years for him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Thought he was ok against Everton but that is all I ever see of him 'ok' performances so far, he really needs to kick on or he is at threat of being left behind, Martinelli and Saka have set the bar higher and Nelson needs to take his minutes and prove himself unfortunately as there is only so long you can sit Pepe on the bench who also needs bedding in.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Nelson is 20 now, so he's not in the same bracket as the ESR/Saka/Martinellis where they are teens and can get away with a few dodgy performances here and there. When you hit 20, you have maybe a year tops to get that consistency or playing well most weeks or you're not going to make it at Arsenal. This isn't about patience, its about whether he has the talent and the mentality to make it here, and tbh he's not pulled up any trees this season.

Martinelli has shown he has lots of flashes of class, Saka has shown a few good moments too and ESR has a very complete game for his age despite having had an average game vs Everton. I can't say any of the above about Nelson.

I personally don't think he's good enough and will be moved on within 2-3 years.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Martinelli seemingly being at his best at LW, and Saka also making his mark makes it very difficult for Nelson to make it here. He'd have to become a full-time right-winger with those guys on the left, because frankly, Martinelli and Saka have both shown more promise than Nelson has despite being younger.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Nelson is 20 now, so he's not in the same bracket as the ESR/Saka/Martinellis where they are teens and can get away with a few dodgy performances here and there. When you hit 20, you have maybe a year tops to get that consistency or playing well most weeks or you're not going to make it at Arsenal. This isn't about patience, its about whether he has the talent and the mentality to make it here, and tbh he's not pulled up any trees this season.

Martinelli has shown he has lots of flashes of class, Saka has shown a few good moments too and ESR has a very complete game for his age despite having had an average game vs Everton. I can't say any of the above about Nelson.

I personally don't think he's good enough and will be moved on within 2-3 years.
We will see, we've already seen Ljungberg state that reiss is the future of the club and we let of Iwobi and sent Mkhitaryan on loan, so balls in Nelson's court at this point, seems for the moment the club is backing him, I hope he shows what he can do.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

We will see, we've already seen Ljungberg state that reiss is the future of the club and we let of Iwobi and sent Mkhitaryan on loan, so balls in Nelson's court at this point, seems for the moment the club is backing him, I hope he shows what he can do.

I think he already IS showing what he can do, and I hope that he can either step up a level and starts producing quickly or we make a decision on him quickly.

I don't want another Iwobi situation where the guy is clearly a level below what you need but gets over 100 games for the club.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Martinelli seemingly being at his best at LW, and Saka also making his mark makes it very difficult for Nelson to make it here. He'd have to become a full-time right-winger with those guys on the left, because frankly, Martinelli and Saka have both shown more promise than Nelson has despite being younger.

What a lot of fans of younger players don't realise is that some players are just better than other players. Saka, Martinelli, ESR have shown they have the required talent and are worth blooding in, whereas you can also waste that valuable game time on average talents in the hope they somehow step up as well...it often doesn't work out.

People were saying similar about the Denilsons of AFC 5-10 years ago, and yes that was also a waste of valuable game time and we should have gotten rid much earlier.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I think he already IS showing what he can do, and I hope that he can either step up a level and starts producing quickly or we make a decision on him quickly.

I don't want another Iwobi situation where the guy is clearly a level below what you need but gets over 100 games for the club.
I understand you dont want another Iwobi or walcott situation nobody does, but your coming off as if you want him to fail, As an Arsenal supporter how does that benefit you ?

Everyone develops differently and Reiss hasn't even had a proper run in the team, sporadic games here and there doesn't build momentum and confidence, which is where the patience comes in,

The way your carrying on its like hes supposed to have a blinder every time he steps on the pitch, and when he has come on he has played well in patches, like I said it doesn't really matter how you or I feel about the situation the club has clearly shown that they are giving reiss time, so positivity and support is all we can show for now...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I understand you dont want another Iwobi or walcott situation nobody does, but your coming off as if you want him to fail, As an Arsenal supporter how does that benefit you ?

Everyone develops differently and Reiss hasn't even had a proper run in the team, sporadic games here and there doesn't build momentum and confidence, which is where the patience comes in,

The way your carrying on its like hes supposed to have a blinder every time he steps on the pitch, and when he has come on he has played well in patches, like I said it doesn't really matter how you or I feel about the situation the club has clearly shown that they are giving reiss time, so positivity and support is all we can show for now...

Nice strawmen, I won't entertain the faulty conclusions.

Why are you making **** up and pretending I said it? I've been very clear in what I have said, and I'd prefer you take issue with things I actually said and not things you're pretending I said.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Nice strawmen, I won't entertain the faulty conclusions.

Why are you making **** up and pretending I said it? I've been very clear in what I have said, and I'd prefer you take issue with things I actually said and not things you're pretending I said.
Nice diversion mate :lol:, you didn't have to say it, you ever heard of reading between the lines ?, anyway I'm done discussing this with you its getting rather redundant at this point.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Nice diversion mate :lol:, you didn't have to say it, you ever heard of reading between the lines ?, anyway I'm done discussing this with you its getting rather redundant at this point.

Reading between the lines -----> making **** up about someone to make their points easier to defeat/ignore instead of addressing what was actually said.

Its a pretty common fallacy bruh, try to keep it honest pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom