• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Did well in such a difficult first away game.

I believe he will come into his own against Burnley next Saturday as the home crowd will be behind him.

He needs to be nurtured so patience is required for him, Willock, Saka & AMN.

He showed more than enough to merit a starting place than Mkhitaryan that much is certain.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did well in such a difficult first away game.

I believe he will come into his own against Burnley next Saturday as the home crowd will be behind him.

He needs to be nurtured so patience is required for him, Willock, Saka & AMN.

He showed more than enough to merit a starting place than Mkhitaryan that much is certain.

I hope he gets to start again with Pepe on the other wing. Not convinced with more options at his disposal next match that Emery will start either him or Willock

zilfy

Everyone understood why Emery rested pepe, ceballos, luiz etc. Best to ease them into a new league and new team. It takes time of course.

Well same goes for Nelson. It's a new team and a new league for him also. He also needs time

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good find. That is a prime example of what he offers. He isn't this devastating winger and people will see that Pepe is quite similar. He passes and moves instantly, never static.

People moan that he doesn't run off the ball or find space. He does. He just plays with players who don't play that pass because they just don't take the risk.

Guendouzi, Xhaka and Özil do not play that pass. Pepe, Ceballos, Torreira, Auba, Miki, Nelson, ESR, Willock and Laca do.

Look at the movement of Pepe and Ceballos after they pass the ball. Add Torreira and Lacazette to that, take out Xhaka and you have fast flowing football.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Fun fact, I'm pretty sure someone was shouting "Suelto Reiss" at him on the first half. It means be more loose/relaxed, which is good I suppose, he's probably doing well in training but playing too conservative on matchday.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He was average, but technically he’s elite.. Needs to do way more in the final third, but I’m confident that will come.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He’s one of those who will grow as he gains increasing confidence. He’s still a little wary of mistakes but has the kind of talent you can’t teach. First touch is out of this world.
His touch was quite heavy a couple of times yesterday to be fair. Hard to gauge it at the moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was average, but technically he’s elite.. Needs to do way more in the final third, but I’m confident that will come.

I think it’s a year too soon for him to be starting regularly.

I’d hope that when Pepe and Özil are ready they’ll come in for him and Mkhitaryan. If Nelson can get himself into a position where he’s first substitute off the bench and starts PL games occasionally I’d say that’s a good season for him.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I hope he gets to start again with Pepe on the other wing. Not convinced with more options at his disposal next match that Emery will start either him or Willock

Hopefully he'll get more chances in the home bankers against the likes of Burnley, Watford & the like.

I do believe he'd work well against Liverpool, Alexander-Arnold is great going forward but can't defend to save his life. If Nelson manages to exploit the space properly & get behind him he could leave him for dead.

Also, subbing him off & replacing him with Saka would be nice. I've had it with Mkhitaryan & his halfhearted performances. Raiola should lump him in wherever he manages to shift Pogba to. It's the decent thing to do :lol:

Poor for the most part, occasionally average.

Tentative. I’m sure the fanboys will blame anyone but the lad himself for such a pedestrian day.
Absolutely accurate observation. Folks seem to rate his pre-season but I think I can only give him a 6/10 in pre-season to be fair. Now that's a little above average but but so was Iwobi.
I know the level at U-23 is quite low but boy he'd tear it up out there! That's the level he needs to be hitting out here.I hope he gets to do those Coutinhoesq cut ins and curls he'd do consistently in the -23s.
He didn't impress me yesterday i'll be honest. Just did the basics and and to be fair that's more of Iwobi's level. He needs to show that he can do more.
This kid is always compared to Jordan Sancho but with the level the latter showed against Bayern in their Super cup against his yesterday, Reiss is still a few steps back.
I really hope that was a one of cos I had really high hopes for him. I think he needs to be encouraged by the manager to express himself more otherwise he's never going to reach his potential.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There was another really nice one where he pulled the ball out of the air on the half turn while decently marked.

Seems to be just as good as Iwobi was technically, hopefully his natural explosiveness and agility will help him be a more effective attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom