• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Somewhere like Brentford or Fulham if they got promoted wouldn’t be a terrible shout.

Especially if Watkins and Benrahma leave Brentford.
Not sure he'd get into those sides yet, especially since if he doesn't deliver quickly, those clubs won't feel incentivized to give him time and develop him. Might have to be upper Championship.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure he'd get into those sides yet, especially since if he doesn't deliver quickly, those clubs won't feel incentivized to give him time and develop him. Might have to be upper Championship.

He was in and out of a Hoffenheim side that was in the CL tbf.

Think with a run of games he’d walk into a lower PL side.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The key being if he gets that run of games. I think a lower PL side is ideal as long as there's a need for his type of player. That's the main issue.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Eeeh, with emphasis on out. He only started 4 games for them in the league, the rest were late sub appearances and even then sometimes he didn't play at all. That was also at a time where he had a lot of hype and attention coming out of our academy (which has died down a little) while Sancho and Lookman were paving the road for young English players playing in the Bundesliga. I'd be surprised if a Premier League club were up to give him regular minutes on loan atm, even if he might deserve it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It never feels as though ull backs are given a tough game by him. Technically he looked good today though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was sound and didn't really do anything wrong but apart from a couple of nice moments, nothing sticks in the memory. The trouble is that a lot of fans have had enough of "subtle" players. We want a player who gets involved. Bellerin is getting criticised but this was his best game in ages with his runs forward and movement in to space. Xhaka and Ceballos were the same-they were visible. Nelson just didn't make a memorable impact hut with two fit RB's , I expect our right side to improve.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm inclined to agree guys. A loan where he plays football. The skill is there, but so is the fear. Bit more experience will help him. Needs to play.
Yeah, feels as though a season in the Championship or at a newly promoted club where he'd get games but will be forced to fight for productivity might do him good.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He 100% needs a Premier league loan. The technical ability is there, but he needs to prove he is up to the physical and mental demands of the league.

Needs regular game time as well, maybe Southampton would be a good place for him, he could learn from Redmond who is a similar player imo.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He needs a loan. The difficulties with loans is finding a good fit. Which is actually a lot harder than it looks like. That is because situations at any club are fluid. What appeared to be the perfect fit could turn to be a bad fit at the drop of a hat.

I still think upper Championship club will be better suited to him than a lower PL side.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
His problem seems to be a lack of assertiveness as much as anything, maybe a confidence issue. At u23 he totally ran games, but at senior level he doesn't really try to, and is always deferring to more senior team-mates. He seems quiet, respectful and affable...a player that actually needs more ego as opposed to less!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
His problem seems to be a lack of assertiveness as much as anything, maybe a confidence issue. At u23 he totally ran games, but at senior level he doesn't really try to, and is always deferring to more senior team-mates. He seems quiet, respectful and affable...a player that actually needs more ego as opposed to less!

Never thought that would be an issue for him. He played with so much swagger at the U23 level.

Always took some time to adapt to a new level, but when he did, he always dominated.

Was thoroughly dominating that level at 17. None of the other youth prospects looked as devastating as Nelson when they were breaking through.

It will really be a disappointment to me if he doesn't make it here as a star player.

There is just no way anyone can tell me that a player like Sancho is much more talented.

Watching both of them since they were 14, Nelson was always rated higher and was more explosive. Maybe Nelson is also struggling mentally to adapt.

Like he can see his best friend, Sancho dominating and being hyped up, players younger than him without the same hype like Saka making a mark, even Willock, Nketiah and Smith-Rowe seem to have overtaken him in the hierachy. Plus Martinelli hitting the ground running.

He just seems to be missing some power in his game. Doesn't look as explosive as he did in the youth teams.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His appearances are so sporadic feels like every one is a nervous debut

Loan

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought he had a decent match yesterday. He doesn't dominate matches, but I think he has shown improvement under Arteta.

I wouldn't be against him getting a loan, but I'd be okay with him staying next season too. Nelson and Pepe are two great options for RW.

Arteta really has a super talented crop of young players to develop.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Never thought that would be an issue for him. He played with so much swagger at the U23 level.

Always took some time to adapt to a new level, but when he did, he always dominated.

Was thoroughly dominating that level at 17. None of the other youth prospects looked as devastating as Nelson when they were breaking through.

It will really be a disappointment to me if he doesn't make it here as a star player.

There is just no way anyone can tell me that a player like Sancho is much more talented.

Watching both of them since they were 14, Nelson was always rated higher and was more explosive. Maybe Nelson is also struggling mentally to adapt.

Like he can see his best friend, Sancho dominating and being hyped up, players younger than him without the same hype like Saka making a mark, even Willock, Nketiah and Smith-Rowe seem to have overtaken him in the hierachy. Plus Martinelli hitting the ground running.

He just seems to be missing some power in his game. Doesn't look as explosive as he did in the youth teams.

Agreed, having witnessed his rise through the youth ranks it would be really disappointing for him to not make good on his talent at Arsenal.

It's a weird one, like you say, he came up with as much flair and confidence as any of the prospects we've seen, he struck you as the type of prospect who would suffer from over-confidence not the opposite.

I found it weird how little personality he showed in his early performances for Arsenal--maybe Wenger playing him at wing back wasn't particularly helpful--but was hoping to see a different Nelson after he seemed to get that swagger and confidence back in his limited opportunities at Hoffenheim.

Yesterday I actually liked his game, he did everything right, and could've had an assist, and he looked explosive...there just wasn't enough of it. He needs to show more personality and use his talent more.

Hard to see how that is going to happen though if he doesn't get a run in the team, and I don't see when he's going to get that here. I fear he will become a success somewhere else and we'll regret it. But maybe just will never show enough confidence and personality at the highest level.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If he needs a loan all of a sudden then what do we do in the meantime? We'd only have Pepe as an option at RW. Please God not Willian.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
He was okay against Norwich. Good at keeping the ball and opening up space for others, just doesn't seem to have any end product at all.

Think he's worth keeping in the squad, but don't think he'll ever be the player he was hyped up to be.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Looks like people never learn from all those failed loans that we've had. Loan him on football manager, real life loans work something like 1/20 for us. He will end up on the bench and will play less then he would've with us.
There are EL games, 2 domestic cups and some sub appearances in PL when possible. That's enough to get him going.
There is absolutely no reason to play guys like Laca or Özil in these games just because they can't play PL anymore, it should be our training ground for young talents instead

moloso

I'm inclined to agree guys. A loan where he plays football. The skill is there, but so is the fear. Bit more experience will help him. Needs to play.

I agree he needs games but he's maybe at the stage he needs to play here or ends up slipping further down the pecking order no matter how he does on loan.

I think his main issue, other than a bit of timidness is that he's not suited to right wing in senior football. He lacks a bit of power and looks a bit lost when he has to attack the fullback to put in a cross from the byline compared to when he can come infield or even deeper on play some one-twos for example.

Would be trying to give him as much game time as possible if I was Arteta, see what you've got for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom