Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

1. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Active Member

Can't help but feel a loan to the championship would be too much a step back at this point and that after having success at Hoffenheim he probably won't be willing to take that step.

He doesn't seem to have Arteta's confidence and he is clearly behind Saka in the pecking order, which Saka justified with his goal the other day if not his performance (pretty poor performance from Bukayo aside from the goal tbh), so I don't see how this is gonna go well for Reiss at Arsenal. Unless he's really patient and determined to succeed here and nowhere else, something which isn't really an attitude I'd expect of any young player nowadays, I'm imagining his agent will have him looking at other destinations in the upcoming window.

Nice posts on Nelson @lomekian , you've nailed his qualities. In terms of short, technical link up he's definitely our best winger at the moment, but it would seem that Pepe and Saka have him beat in other areas.

Elite Smarts and lomekian like this.
  2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Sancho got a gradually increasing amount of minutes and had the trust of the manager. Nelson so far hasn't really had this until Arteta. Arteta's probably given him the most minutes so far. The difference is regular football. Now, that's not to say Nelson doesn't need to earn that, but that doesn't change the need for regular minutes to gain confidence. I expect Nelson's output to increase dramatically with more football under his belt - wherever that is.

3. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

REISS NELSON HIVE WHERE YOU AT?!!

4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

ahahahahahahaha

5. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Give over digging me out over 1 game!!

Rex Banter likes this.
  6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Boy just gave Liverpool the length. Golden Boy in a year.

7. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

He has to be consistant then i might change my mind.

8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Scored the winner vs the reigning English, European and world champions? Yo, we just getting started.

krackpot, krengon and MutableEarth like this.
  9. MutableEarth

I'm incredibly pleased that he got his goal today. It's been a long time coming and he's needed something like that for his confidence - a winner against the Champions-elect no less.

He was one of our better performers - although not saying very much as we were lacking there. But he pressed extremely well and made two contributions that led to both our goals - the press and the finish for the 2nd. I would have liked for him to do more - get on the ball more, dominate the ball, use his dribbling skill, combine with the other forwards a bit more. He has a lot in his bow that we're not seeing because of his lack of confidence but hopefully the goal changes that.

Now is the time for him to build on this. He must show the kind of fight that he began to show as the game went on. Hound players, demand possession, play the combinations. Use his strengths. Keep getting himself in those goalscoring positions aswell, he can finish. He's still not quite where he should be but he's done well to get his goal. Time to continue. Don't be scared anymore - show and prove.

Well done today.

10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

11. MutableEarth

When he finished the chance off, I was probably not far away from this :lol: :lol: :lol:. Made up for him that he scored. Just needs to keep doing more, get some more confidence.

12. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Good goal, terrible performance. At least he got the goal I suppose

truth_hurts likes this.
  13. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I am also so pleased for him. He seems to be one of the few who can play one touch football at a fast pace. I hope he goes on to be as good as @MutableEarth says he is. Like his character and look too. We can sell a lot of jerseys.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Should take more risks the way he scored 2nd goal was so intelligent i still think a loan to PL ckub would be very useful for him

15. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

I like Nelson. You can tell with the sporadic time he’s had in the first team he has the attributes and talent to be a great player, but I’m not entirely sure his heads in the right place to unlock that.

Either way he’s still young and has shown enough glimpses to still believe he can do something, hope he kicks on.

El Duderino and lomekian like this.
  16. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Took his goal well, nice finish...

Still he's not showing what I want to see from him. The effort is there, he does his job well defensively without the ball, but he needs to get more involved in the game and take more initiative.

Hopefully the goal gives him some confidence.

krackpot likes this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

PL what are you gonna do? When the Hale End comes for you! :drool:

James Bond, krackpot and kash2 like this.
  18. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Needs a loan in rh championship, not good enough if we intend to compete for top 4 next season.

19. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

PREACH!

krackpot and Big Poppa like this.
  20. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

he has to start the rest of the season now. If he can nick a few goals, he will take off (hopefully)!