• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From the little I've seen of him the only aspect that he trusts himself with is his goal scoring ability. He's not even attempting any dribbles for whatever reason. I mean can someone go tell him that its okay to lose the ball, Xhaka does it every other match in much more critical areas of hte pitch. Could it be a remnant from a couple of years ago when Wenger was playing him as wing back, he's just too safe with the ball.

He needs time and games with less pressure like cup games. Just think about when Gnabry burst onto the scene. He was probably just as safe if not more.

What is also contributing is that if he does lose the ball, he is playing for a team that could end up in giving a goal away off of him losing possession. Our defensive set up while we attack is a shambles and the way Emery sets up his midfield to win the ball back doesn't help either.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He needs time and games with less pressure like cup games. Just think about when Gnabry burst onto the scene. He was probably just as safe if not more.

What is also contributing is that if he does lose the ball, he is playing for a team that could end up in giving a goal away off of him losing possession. Our defensive set up while we attack is a shambles and the way Emery sets up his midfield to win the ball back doesn't help either.
Agree, and we could give him time in the last 20minutes when we have the match sealed up, if that ever happens. A loan move to Hoffenheim was the wrong option though, we should've sent him to the championship or a lower half Bundesliga team where he would've be under lesser scrutiny.

Kingofthebongo

Unpopular opinion: Reiss Nelson is actually quite slow at this level. Everything we see of him in under whatever level does not translate to PL level.

malik180

Not ready or not good enough at this level. I look at Willock and I look at him and there is such disparity in their performances. Already missing iwobi atleast he could carry the ball forward and not lose it

Pepes blue pill

was beyond awful but no decent manager would bring him on in a game like that, cant judge the lad yet under this clown of a manager, feel he will come good, has the talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom