• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nelson in Southampton's 442?
He would never play.

They need an attacking midfielder. Hassenhuttl has tried Smallbone and Redmond this season but clearly doesn’t trust either.

He might not be nailed on but he’d be playing every week at worst for a team that has no chance of relegation.

Kysus

They need an attacking midfielder. Hassenhuttl has tried Smallbone and Redmond this season but clearly doesn’t trust either.

He might not be nailed on but he’d be playing every week at worst for a team that has no chance of relegation.

Hasenhüttel needs/wants more of an oldschool wide player for his system. They'll probably get Fraser.

nick gould

Not good enough too timid
Don't give up. There is no substitute for quality. He has good technique and a very good engine. Plays the pressing game well. I would have kept him me, I feel he is very close. He certainly wouldn't have done an worse than nice boy willan against liverpool.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Do you think he plays off the left for them or upfront just behind Ings?

Wilshero

I've said from the start that I want him to go to Brighton. I've been following Graham Potter since he was managing in the lower leagues in Sweden and he is an amazing coach when it comes to player development. The team he beat us with at the Emirates was a team of misfits and outcasts ffs.

Backing him 100 percent to unlock Nelsons potential.

Zazu

Hasenhüttel needs/wants more of an oldschool wide player for his system. They'll probably get Fraser.

You watched southhampton much recently? They don't play an old school wide 4-4-2, its much closer to the noughties Brazil 'magic square' with both wingers coming very narrow in build-up play, almost as number 10s.

Could definitely see Nelson doing a job there next to Armstrong, especially as Hassenhutl doesn't seem to fancy Redmond as other posters have said.

Also Fraser has signed for Newcaslte, no?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do you think he plays off the left for them or upfront just behind Ings?

Yeah as @Zazu says they’re not really wingers in his system. That Brazilian “magic square” is a great way of describing it.

Both full backs do a lot of work out wide but the midfield “wingers” basically play in the half spaces as attacking midfielders.

It’d be him and Armstrong getting involved in the build up play for Ings and Adams/Obafemi. It’s an unusual system but it wouldn’t just be stay wide and whip it in.

Goonger

It's a tough 1 I think, as ideally you want him to get regular game time, but when the Europa League kicks in that's actually every week apart from an international break in November, so the schedule would mean him getting games at least until Xmas

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I think it's telling that it is the Championship the club are looking at loaning him out in. Maybe it'll be more guaranteed game time but it's not a promising sign to me.

It made sense with ESR going to Huddersfield on loan but Reiss has been considered a first time player for quite some time now. He should be a lower Premier League level in terms of loans by this stage of his development really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom