• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I think Reiss does actually have a high top speed.

His top speed is not bad, but not in the Bellerin, young Theo Walcott, Pepe or Auba level. It's his acceleration that is truly elite. If he improves his end product, he can really make that LW position his own over Mhki and Iwobi.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You'd love to think he'd be the one chosen over Mhikitaryan from the bench but he won't.

Hopefully he gets proper minutes in Europa and cups at least

Kingofthebongo

He strikes me as the type of player at the moment who isn't elite level football IQ (at this ripe age anyway - or maybe it's nerves??) but with elite level talent. I think he would benefit tremendously to have his role mechanized and simplified as Guardiola has done with many elite talents.

As he matures and his IQ develops further (final balls, pass selection, positioning, off the ball movement) and he physically matures further, you can allow him to do his thing and take over - and I think he will.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Talent is obviously there, skills, dribbling, speed, good with both feet, can play on either wing. Personally I am a fan. Still only 19, already played a season abroad in Germany. He can make it here. Still just so young. Maybe a premier league loan would be good for him, would love for him to play right wing for a club like wolves for a year. Game time will do him so much good.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thought the final ball was really missing in the first half, his passes lacked precision. Dribbling was impressive though. The switch to the left and I think getting into the grove as the game went along made him look sharper.

Gonna be interesting to see how the competition between Nelson, Saka, and Martinelli spur each other on. That's an exciting bunch.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I feel like I'm missing something with Nelson! He was good yesterday, didn't look like scoring or assisting, but he seemed to gain confidence after about 30 minutes and shredded his full back a couple of times. Mkhi or Iwobi wouldn't be rated for the performance that Nelson put in yesterday - it was okay. I'd be uncomfortable with him starting Premier League games for us though, think he needs a Premier League loan.

He seems less ready to contribute than Guendouzi, Willock and Nketiah in my opinion.

DasBootist

I feel like I'm missing something with Nelson! He was good yesterday, didn't look like scoring or assisting, but he seemed to gain confidence after about 30 minutes and shredded his full back a couple of times. Mkhi or Iwobi wouldn't be rated for the performance that Nelson put in yesterday - it was okay. I'd be uncomfortable with him starting Premier League games for us though, think he needs a Premier League loan.

He seems less ready to contribute than Guendouzi, Willock and Nketiah in my opinion.
He has lots of upside potentially, he can become a propa killa.
My predictions seem to almost always come to fruition, so I will predict that Nelson will have a big season.

teamsoutheast

I think it was just down to confidence. I've watched this guy loads of times in the U23's and let me tell you something, lord help Premier league defenders when this guy gains confidence and starts to be more influential in his performances. What struck me the most this game was that he has had a serious growth spurt, along with Willock. He looks alot fuller physically so should be able to hold his own against teams who press heavily.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Calling it now, he's gonna be a star.
Not even close to his best on current ability even, let alone at his full potential. Just getting sharper, was dangerous again today. Can't wait till he gets to full sharpness and he is given a proper opportunity in competitive game. He's gonna do great things this season if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom