• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't get my head around the Sancho comparisons bar both are of a similar age and from the same area. Sancho is direct, pacey and destroys full backs in one on ones, Reiss seems a bit more technical. They don't seem similar in style at all.

Reiss will get opportunities here, but I see ESR and Nketiah as our best youngsters.
Nelson is more of a 10, it’s the Arsenal in him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

reiss-nelson-of-arsenal-during-a-training-session-at-london-colney-on-picture-id1165715157

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/2/image?events=775383562&family=editorial&sort=best#license

@SingmeasongSong

Trained today.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Looked really sharp today. Loved how he didn't let the occasion of the Camp Boy get to him. Looked like he belonged out there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even tho he not really impressed me in pre-season he need to start ahead of mkhi against Newcastle

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was threatening today - still needs to rediscover his cutting edge a little bit. I know he is better, just needs more trust and confidence in himself and from the coach. Did very well in some circumstances but still not quite as decisive as he showed throughout his development. But hes getting there steadily and with more games he will reach the top.

Still, was 10x better than Mhkitaryan and should be playing ahead of him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was technically very very good the 46 he played didn't put a foot wrong . As he get's more comfortable he'will be more expansive .

This is an area of his game I’ve never been too concerned with but the difference for me was this time he was taking people on and actually looked dangerous.

Definitely prefer him on the left.

Impact

Established Member
Think Nelson may be similar to Hazard in that he might require a lot of pushing/encouragement to make the most of his natural gifts.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think Nelson may be similar to Hazard in that he might require a lot of pushing/encouragement to make the most of his natural gifts.
Encouragement definitely. Kept seeing Emery screaming at him every 2 seconds when he got on the ball. It reminded me that Nagelsmann did the same **** last season and revealed in a press conference later on that when they had a meeting Nelson told him he didn't like it :lol:.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Encouragement definitely. Kept seeing Emery screaming at him every 2 seconds when he got on the ball. It reminded me that Nagelsmann did the same **** last season and revealed in a press conference later on that when they had a meeting Nelson told him he didn't like it :lol:.
Have to say, Nelson needs to harden up then. This is professional sport.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's also where Wenger was brilliant. He knew exactly how to be with different players. Our lads are going to have to learn that Emery won;t do that. He has his way and that is that.
The good thing with Emery is that he at least seems adaptable enough to try different instructions. Maybe the right noise is needed.

And yeah Wenger was a lot more encouraging to the younger players and encouraged them to express themselves more.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The good thing with Emery is that he at least seems adaptable enough to try different instructions. Maybe the right noise is needed.

And yeah Wenger was a lot more encouraging to the younger players and encouraged them to express themselves more.
Feel like this season or next is going to be your time to really shine as a poster. You've built up a solid rep of being the knowledgeable one on our youngsters and I think we've really got some goodies to watch this season.
Will be exciting to see your thoughts after games when youngsters are included.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Feel like this season or next is going to be your time to really shine as a poster. You've built up a solid rep of being the knowledgeable one on our youngsters and I think we've really got some goodies to watch this season.
Will be exciting to see your thoughts after games when youngsters are included.
No better time for them to be given opportunities and now it's time for them to show and prove. For the sake of the team I hope they succeed.

Been following Arsenal this closely for years and this is the most promising set of youngsters since 09 (arguably stronger overall). It certainly will be interesting and I'll be posting my thoughts along the way. Just hope we don't see too much deadwood along with or instead of them.

avalonhse

Lots of variables of developing the mental aspects - the most important part I think being the will and need to develop it and your passion to be an ever improving player. Everyine lies on a gradient.
Experience gives you the canvas, and the repetition to practice those skills.

You underestimate the manager factor. The will is the most important one, it drives you forward but the boss cap the ceilling limit you can go. Without ASF and Guardiola trust on young prospects, Ronaldo and Messi would be still great players, they would not be GOAT as they are. That factor put ASF, Guardiola, Wenger to a different class to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom