• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reserves vs Portsmouth, 16th December, 7PM - Eduardo

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
It's shown on ATVO apparently. I don't think you're gonna get a better reason to fork out £3.99 for a month's subscription.

Eduardo makes his comeback in a competitive game on tuesday. Last time both teams met was exactly three months ago on tuesday. Simpson scored the only goal of the game that time with a penalty.

Don't know about the involvement of any specific first teamers, but expect Wilshere, Gibbs and Bischoff to play a part I guess.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Come the **** on, people. 216 views and not a single response? Is no one else even remotely interested in this game?

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Yes, i'm interested and i'll be watching, not really much to say on the matter until the match is underway though is there.

Hopefully he will score a hat-trick, come off around 65 minutes, to a standing ovation, and will book himself a spot on the bench for Liverpool, where he will come off the bench to score the winner in the 89th minute. Oh wait i must stop day dreaming.

IBL

Established Member
@ Klaus - whoa, chill my man....all in good time.

I'm definitely intereseted, I'm hoping to catch the game at some point and see Edu make his long awaited return, it'll be like having a new player...maybe he can show Bendtner eta al how to finish properly

General

Established Member
Not a big fan of the reserves but might try to go watch it after work. I think it's at Underhill? It would be nice to see him back.

Feet

If Eduardo scores in the game then I'll grab the goal from somewhere. Otherwise I'll wait for a proper competitive cap before I get excited.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Klaus Daimler said:
Come the f**k on, people. 216 views and not a single response? Is no one else even remotely interested in this game?
:lol: No, not really. I'll check in with those who do I suppose, but I'm staying in my seat for this I'm afraid.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Anthony: The thread was sinking :wink:

Think it'll be interesting to see how The Hoff, Wilshere and Eduardo looks. There's three players right there who could have a part to play in the latter stages of the season.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Klaus Daimler said:
Anthony: The thread was sinking :wink:

Think it'll be interesting to see how The Hoff, Wilshere and Eduardo looks. There's three players right there who could have a part to play in the latter stages of the season.
Indeed, but I'm sure not going to pay for ATVO to be able to watch them. I like to read the comments from those who do though.

If it starts to sink again, just bump this baby up when the game is nearing kick-off.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Does anyone know if you get free ArsenalTV with virgin media? I know you did at one point but I'm not sure if that was for a trial period or permanent.

Anyway I'm gonna try and watch this and it will be good to see him back as well as Wilshere, Bischoff and the rest. I don't think there's anyway he'll be on the bench against Liverpool though no matter what happens.

General

Established Member
I think it's possible he could make the bench for Liverpool if it all goes according to plan. Not that I'm expecting anything but I'm guessing his presence will give everyone a lift.

M+D

Established Member
General said:
I think it's possible he could make the bench for Liverpool if it all goes according to plan. Not that I'm expecting anything but I'm guessing his presence will give everyone a lift.

I seriously doubt it. It's not going to take just 1 reserve match and a couple of weeks of proper training to get him up to the standard of match fitness to be capable of playing in a top of the table clash. We'll be lucky just to see him on the bench in the FA Cup game in january, no matter how well he has recovered his match sharpness will take a good while to gt back.

I will definitely be watching the reserves as usual, but Eduardo's comeback gives it that extra edge. Will be great to be able to see him playing football for Arsenal once again.

Kraig

Established Member
made sure i have an early finish so i can watch it! cant wait to see dudu back in action! the lad is an inspiration to anyone at overcoming adversity

outlaw_member

Established Member
What would have to peoples expectations regarding a return date, if Eduardo was to score a hattrick and look pretty fresh?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Ed has been in full training for months already. Naturally he'll lack some fitness, but that doesn't mean he can't do thirty minutes as a sub against a PL side if he's feeling up to it. The Portsmouth game - and the comments from Wenger and Banfield preceding it - should give us some indication of where he stands. I think he's almost there though. The six weeks Wenger was talking about before he's back to his best is probably just match fitness.

The most important thing here is the effect his return could have on the club, though. Just suppose that he'll score a goal soon, either for the reserves or as a sub in the league. It could do wonders for the mentality in the team. The mere fact that he's able to come back to this level, and so soon, is already inspirational in itself.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Ed has been in full training for months already.

He's been in full training for less than a month, going by all of Wenger's comments.
Yeah, with the team. He's been in hard training for several months though, with ball.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Ed has been in full training for months already.

He's been in full training for less than a month, going by all of Wenger's comments.
Yeah, with the team. He's been in hard training for several months though, with ball.

I wouldnt really call it hard training, he was doing some light ball work a couple of months ago, i think it was around late October that there were reports saying that he had returned to individual training, and then around late November saying he had moved on to joining in full training.

Wenger's comments are hard to judge, one week he is saying he looks fresh, ready and just lacking games, and then next week he is saying he is going be seeing first team action in 6 weeks around mid-late January.

We'll obviously get a better view of where he is at on Tuesday, and if everything go's well and he somehow looks ready, then i'm sure we might just see him make the bench against Liverpool and i'd love that to happen, but chances are we won't see him on the bench before the new year.

King Puck Paddy

I doubt Eduardo will be really ready for the first team until after Christmas,what a huge boost to the squad it will be when he does eventually return.

Latest posts

Top Bottom