• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RIP Diego Maradona

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Stan Lee said something like... "When it's your time to go, make sure you have lived a life full of great memories and not just great dreams."

Diego was one of the rare ones that not only had a life full of great memories and dreams, but gave millions of people around the world great memories and dreams...RIP Maradona.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Man, I knew he was in ill heath but this is still a shock.

In terms of his football career, it speaks for itself. He's in the pantheon of all time greats.

On a human level I hope he's found the inner peace that sadly seemed to elude him in life.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sad to hear... always loved this picture even if @GDeep™ ruined it a bit now.

Would haven been crazy to see the timeline where he joins us!

A6it4RsCcAAYmyx.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lived a pretty mad life post retirement. Family turmoil, constantly off and on the coke, hepatitis, alcoholism, obesity and psychiatric problems. He’d been through it all.

Sad story in a way because he was hammering the coke from 1983 onwards throughout his entire prime.

Something about the stars of yesteryear that seem much more relatable when compared to the roided up mega athletes of today’s game.

George Best’s struggles with the drink has almost played into his legacy. Both him and Diego were more human and loveable because of both their precociousness and their struggles with addiction.

Don’t think the same will be said of Ronaldo and Messi decades down the line, the personalities just aren’t there and anything we do see of them is so PR managed.

Never saw Maradona play but it’s hard to imagine any footballer since carrying that aura that he had decades after his retirement.

Also a huge fan of his politics fwiw. Never took the easy road in anything he did. RIP.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Lived a pretty mad life post retirement. Family turmoil, constantly off and on the coke, hepatitis, alcoholism, obesity and psychiatric problems. He’d been through it all.

Sad story in a way because he was hammering the coke from 1983 onwards throughout his entire prime.

Something about the stars of yesteryear that seem much more relatable when compared to the roided up mega athletes of today’s game.

George Best’s struggles with the drink has almost played into his legacy. Both him and Diego were more human and loveable because of both their precociousness and their struggles with addiction.

Don’t think the same will be said of Ronaldo and Messi decades down the line, the personalities just aren’t there and anything we do see of them is so PR managed.

Never saw Maradona play but it’s hard to imagine any footballer since carrying that aura that he had decades after his retirement.

Also a huge fan of his politics fwiw. Never took the easy road in anything he did. RIP.

It's probably not a great thing to say but all the off field issues after his career ended probably even enhanced his mythology and legend.

The only thing we love more than a genius is a tortured genius.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Incredible character, out of this world player. The love for him in Argentina, Naples and indeed all over the world goes beyond admiration because of his football abilities. He's been deified and his legacy will live on for generations. Flawed genius is a term thrown around, it's a shame his demons have caught up with him but the legacy he's left beyond is undisputed. Probably the greatest footballer to have lived.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Always seemed to have some neurons towards Arsenal too. Somewhere in the alternative universe, we managed to sign him and he played for us!

Rest in peace legend!

He was a Man City fan apparently.

"Manchester United used to be my favourite English team for so long. So many great players and a great team under Alex Ferguson. But now I have to say Man City. I know you shouldn't change like that but it's because of Kun [Aguero]. We speak a lot and he plays in a very good team."

Then again, his opinion might have had changed again. There's pictures in his house where he blacked out Aguero's face next to his grandson. :lol:

48E081C900000578-0-image-a-4_1517749140503.jpg

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i was a small boy and was visiting my grandparents for the summer. In the morning newspaper, there was a photo of a knee with innumerable scars. The caption said "if you see this knee, kick it. Thats the motto of this world cup". It was the summer of 86, and I spent it watching every match of that world cup on TV.

Rest in peace Deigo Maradona. You were real. A real footballer. The very best.

PressResistance

His football was as pure as the lines he snorted.
If you think about it, what he did is much more impressive than what Messi and Ronaldo, considering his flamboyant lifestyle.

Rest in peace, the Little Green One, you lived to the fullest, exactly the same you played the game of football.

kash2

5 goals and 5 assists in winning a world cup off his own bat. A unique genius. Supernatural talent and someone who truly was in love with the ball. Salut!

kash2

Buenos Aires - Argentina has declared three days of national mourning starting today, said a statement from Argentina’s President Alberto Fernández.

“You took us to the highest of the world. You made us immensely happy. You were the greatest of all. Thanks for having existed, Diego. We will miss you all our lives,” said Argentina’s president Alberto Fernández in a tweet.

In Argentina, newscasters are in tears reporting Maradona’s death.
“Part of our childhood has died,” said a sobbing newscaster barely
able to get the words out on the TV news channel C5N. “I thought he
could never die,” said another.

Top Bottom