• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RIP Diego Maradona

He was a Man City fan apparently.

"Manchester United used to be my favourite English team for so long. So many great players and a great team under Alex Ferguson. But now I have to say Man City. I know you shouldn't change like that but it's because of Kun [Aguero]. We speak a lot and he plays in a very good team."

Then again, his opinion might have had changed again. There's pictures in his house where he blacked out Aguero's face next to his grandson. :lol:

48E081C900000578-0-image-a-4_1517749140503.jpg

Good for him but this has nothing to do with what I said.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
15 years to the day since George Best passed away too. Seems quite apt in a sad way.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...touching tribute by Lineker, or unneeded swipe at Maradona here?

Riou

Nah, Gary ain’t one of those bitter take a swipe types.

Feel the post Lineker made is more something that should be said maybe on the anniversary of Diego's passing next year, where some time has passed and you share a tribute in a more humours way...but to mention "Hands of God" on the day the man passed away, is a little weird, seems bitter to me.

You're probably right though, but I have always found Gary a bit odd tbh.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He made me fall in love with football. If you've never had the good privilege to see him play. He had the dribbling ability of Messi and could control the game like zidane with his impeccable vision. He was a leader amongst men. A career of consistently carrying the underdogs to victory.

I'm so gutted he's not with us anymore.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
He made me fall in love with football. If you've never had the good privilege to see him play. He had the dribbling ability of Messi and could control the game like zidane with his impeccable vision. He was a leader amongst men. A career of consistently carrying the underdogs to victory.

I'm so gutted he's not with us anymore.
me too man...so many people have told me that... that he made them fall in love with football. He was football...nothing corporate or television about him... with him it was the ball and the field

Riou

Had a history of the World Cup dvd as a kid, obviously the England one is his standout, but this one was amazing aswell...

...lovely build up and finish.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Had a history of the World Cup dvd as a kid, obviously the England one is his standout, but this one was amazing aswell...

...lovely build up and finish.

Remember watching this as a kid this was a 34 year old maradona. Argentina actually had a half decent team that year and maradona, even if past his best was at th heart of everything Argentina did.

Unfortunately after scoring that goal his celebration was to run up to th camera where he clearly looked like he was off his head with some kind of intoxicant. So he was ordered to give a drugs test and was found to have some banned substance in his system. He was banned for a year I believe.

Was so gutted when he left the tournament, Argentina despite having some great players in the team like batistuta and senseni basically flopped after maradona left the squad.

Maradona's life you couldn't make up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom