• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RIP Diego Maradona

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Iconic. Just the 6 of them marking him.

Just found this...

NINTCHDBPICT000559484597-1.jpg

...of course we make Jay Rodriguez into Maradona :lol:

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
RIP Maradona

Was too young to have seen him play at his peak. Just before the 1994 World Cup they started playing extended highlights from recent past world cups. When I saw a game involving Maradona's Argentina I was absolutely hooked. I didn't know it was possible for a player to manipulate the ball like that. It was mesmerising. That was the moment I truly felt in love with this game called Football.

Not only was he a wizard with the ball but clearly he could also lead a team with questionable talents to the biggest prizes of them all. First with Argentina then with Napoli. Of course he was a flawed genius and controversy was never far way from him. That only added to his magical appeal. You can shout Pele till you blue in the face or bring up Messi but imo there is no doubt at all that Maradona was the greatest player to ever kick a ball. We will probably never see the likes of him again.

Sayonara Legend

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Before one match he told Vatican Radio: “I think we all feel something in our hearts when we see wars, when we see the dead. I think this match will put to rest the notion that we football players don’t do anything for peace ... a football is worth more than 100 rifles.”

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I saw him in his prime. A very skilful player, though never an athlete, and had goals in him. The greatest? No.

Sorry to see him go, of course, but don't get carried away with his goodness as a person and the integrity of his politics. He never said a word against the miitary dictatorship who murdered thousands of Argentinians and put enough coke up hs nose to pay for the debts of many a third world country.

RIP.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just logged into Twitter and saw the Falklands trending. It's pathetic.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I saw him in his prime. A very skilful player, though never an athlete, and had goals in him. The greatest? No.

Sorry to see him go, of course, but don't get carried away with his goodness as a person and the integrity of his politics. He never said a word against the miitary dictatorship who murdered thousands of Argentinians and put enough coke up hs nose to pay for the debts of many a third world country.

RIP.

I think people just get a bit carried away when a legend dies and go over the top with praise. I guess it's natural.

But yeah, probably best to leave the adulation to his footballing abilities. Away from that he was a very questionable character.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The best ever!

A mate of mine is from Naples, he grew up there when Maradona was playing. He pointed out to me a while ago the number of tackles Maradona was subjected too would have finished most players. He showed me clips from games he attended and the tackles were horrendous. Messi & Ronaldo have never faced such tackles on a regular basis. For me that's the difference between one of the greatest and The Greatest. What a player. It was a pleasure to see him play at his peak!

RIP Maradona!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Simply the greatest player to grace a football pitch. First saw him play in WC 1982. In 1986 he was just unreal. Anytime he had the ball you knew something brilliant could happen. And of course he played that through pass to Burruchaga for the winning goal in the final after Rummenigge and Völler had drawn level.

Never forget what era he played in. It was a brutal period where tackles and fouls went through that would have players sent off several times over nowadays. And the pitches were bumpy fields.

What impressed me most was his balance, strength and incredible ball control. Just unparalleled. In his time no one came even close.

Top Bottom