• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RIP Diego Maradona

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
beautiful.

Such nice camera angles too. Very close to the action.

With age you get perspective. For me Maradona is behind Pele, Cruyff, Platini, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and a few others and this is just a quick thought about offensive players who tend to command the headlines. You'll never hear Beckenbauer or Bobby Moore called the best player in the world. Best player = euphemism for best striker.

Loaded? It's my view, you don't have to share it but I don't have to share yours either. Watch him celebrate the goal against Nigeria and tell me you want your kid to be like him, doped even on the playing field in a world cup finals. Watch him lying about the handball too, honest guy.

He was a very good player but I'm sorry, I don't buy this internet glorification of everyone who dies - therefore I don't have to revise my opinion that despite his playing skills he wasn;t a very nice person.
I could show you a lot of players who were probably better than Maradona, or were better human beings. But, What I cannot show you is a sports person who is as revered as him.

Some of my friends while growing up might never have played football, they might never had a TV even, but ask them who they wanted to be, and they would say Maradona. About a 100,000 people came to see him when he came to India. Such was his appeal.

African people would recognize Kanu, or Drogba or Eto'o, but they all probably grew up idolizing Maradona. Drogba tweeted about a shirt of Maradona being his first one. Kanu called him the greatest ever...they surely would not pay the same tribute to every player who dies.

I don't know about any personal details of his life which would make me hate him outright. He probably did some pretty wierd ****, but in the end all his major controversies were about drugs or something related. Wouldn't want my kids to be like him off the field but that is not what I know him for.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Falklands . . people killing each other over a few sq metres of baron rock. A competitive international football match a few years later sees an exceptional player from the losing nation humiliate the victors on an global stage. They elevate him to a ludicrous God like status. The player struggles to cope with the excessive attention and ruins his life with drugs.

Really hope he got some moments of happiness amidst the whirlwind surrounding him. A huge talent.

carlito'sway

Established Member
With age you get perspective. For me Maradona is behind Pele, Cruyff, Platini, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and a few others and this is just a quick thought about offensive players who tend to command the headlines. You'll never hear Beckenbauer or Bobby Moore called the best player in the world. Best player = euphemism for best striker.

Loaded? It's my view, you don't have to share it but I don't have to share yours either. Watch him celebrate the goal against Nigeria and tell me you want your kid to be like him, doped even on the playing field in a world cup finals. Watch him lying about the handball too, honest guy.

He was a very good player but I'm sorry, I don't buy this internet glorification of everyone who dies - therefore I don't have to revise my opinion that despite his playing skills he wasn;t a very nice person.

Dude, stop posting. Take a break. Go for a walk. You sound pettier, bitter an ridiculous.
With age some get more perspective, unfortunately some get even less and become even more narrow minded and ignorant.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Anyone who's played against Maradona says he's the greatest players they've ever played against. Even those who would've played against Platini around the same time. They all say he was unstoppable. Look at the highlights of what the English players were doing to try and stop Maradona prior to the hand of God btw, there was at least 4/5 red card worthy challenges on him by todays standards certainly because it was the only way to stop him and he'd still end up being capable of scoring the greatest goal in the history of the sport in the same game.

The only players who can talk to Maradona are Messi and Pele in the grand scheme of things.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
beautiful.

Such nice camera angles too. Very close to the action.

I could show you a lot of players who were probably better than Maradona, or were better human beings. But, What I cannot show you is a sports person who is as revered as him.

Some of my friends while growing up might never have played football, they might never had a TV even, but ask them who they wanted to be, and they would say Maradona. About a 100,000 people came to see him when he came to India. Such was his appeal.

African people would recognize Kanu, or Drogba or Eto'o, but they all probably grew up idolizing Maradona. Drogba tweeted about a shirt of Maradona being his first one. Kanu called him the greatest ever...they surely would not pay the same tribute to every player who dies.

I don't know about any personal details of his life which would make me haste him outright. He probably did some pretty wierd ****, but in the end all his major controversies were about drugs or something related. Wouldn't want my kids to be like him off the field that that is not what I know him for.
he was a great man who had to make his youthful mistakes alone, in the tabloid spotlight, in the shadow of the mafia and in the cauldron of public adulation. He was alone and from the age of 15 supported his family and he paid a heavy price.

As a footballer, he was unparalleled. Never before and never again. No footballer has ever been loved by so many and so intensely.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately there are videos circling around of one of them being found dead in a bin by police. Such a stupid decision to take selfies with someone who was considered god on earth in Argentina, someone who played in a sport and a country with so many ultras.

Saying all that though, these people had families so its very upsetting to hear what has happened to them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Unfortunately there are videos circling around of one of them being found dead in a bin by police. Such a stupid decision to take selfies with someone who was considered god on earth in Argentina, someone who played in a sport and a country with so many ultras.

Saying all that though, these people had families so its very upsetting to hear what has happened to them.
Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"There were 3 funeral workers who decided to take selfies with Maradona in his casket..."

Why are people like this ffs :mad:

Jack Russell

Football in Argentina is no joke. That year when Boca played River in the Copa Libertadores final was carnage :lol:

Wasn’t there like a week of rioting?
It was always the dream fixture to be able to attend, for me. Raw as ****. Spit roasting top quality cow and guzzling tremendous red wine before witnessing the nearest thing to war inside and outside of a footballing arena The risk of being battered to a pulp or worse, if they heard me speak as well... There’s no other game on earth like it. I’ve always had a fascination with the country Argentina and Maradona since I was a kid. :drool:

Corbulo

The most captivating football story of sin, epiphany and talent. It's impossible to think of another sportsperson whose death would provoke a similar global response. A big part of it happened in Napoli, a city of vivid contradictions that summon conflicting emotions of love, loathing, shock and wonder just like Maradona. It was absolutely magical and I'm very lucky that I grew up watching him play.

No one could play like Maradona at his peak. He was quick, strong, hard to knock off the ball, blessed with unmatched technique and vision. His overall style of play and persona was like a barrel of gunpowder. His genius generated wreckage and havoc.

Lived the rockstar life but he also spent more time crawling in the gutter than most. He was human. Rode his strengths and failed to tame his weaknesses. Probably the most fallible sporting icon.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
when you look at it...all he did was some cocaine and booze. When he got banned for the traces of ephedrine in 94 ...that wasnt enough to get him banned in they olympics. Its just a nonstop media villification of the man who dared to fly.

ScotsGooner89

This isn’t true is it? Google just says they were fired and had received death threats.

Top Bottom