• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who left on a free? This is wenger and stan were talking about. He either signs or gets sold i don't like it, but this is how we roll!!

Club has changed since then, back then we had bring the cash in, now we can afford to make a stand against letting Sanchez leave for City.

I don't think Wenger wanted to sell Nasri, board forced him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I guess we'll have to wait and watch. I accept that this situation doesn't have a precedent in our post-money days. If the board decides to risk 60m odd, it'll certainly be the first time they done it. Ideally we get Sanchez to extend on increase wages, but with a reasonable buyout clause to protect both our interests.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would let him extend with a pay increase and a clause allowing him to leave if a European club offered 40M after this summer.

That way we secure him and he has a get out if any non English club wants him next summer.

Don D

Club has changed since then, back then we had bring the cash in, now we can afford to make a stand against letting Sanchez leave for City.

I don't think Wenger wanted to sell Nasri, board forced him.
Don't think we can afford to let Sanchez leave on a free we had a budget last summer of about 100 and this is the reason we couldn't get a top st after buying mustafi cause of injuries

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Arsenal knows how much they've got to spend and how much they're willing to spend. We don't. Anyone who says Arsenal can't or won't spend a certain amount is just guessing.

As for Alexis (even though this seems to be the Mahrez thread), his value to the team this year will far exceed any transfer fee he might bring this summer. I've been over this a million times. If they sell Alexis (assuming he even wants to leave and I've actually heard nothing from him to even hint that he does), they'll be taking a step back at a time when Arsenal needs to show strength and determination. They would risk falling further behind the rivals that finished ahead of them this season (not to mention United). A possible title challenge and at the very least getting back into the Champions League is more valuable to the club than £40-50 million pounds.

Don D

Arsenal knows how much they've got to spend and how much they're willing to spend. We don't. Anyone who says Arsenal can't or won't spend a certain amount is just guessing.

As for Alexis (even though this seems to be the Mahrez thread), his value to the team this year will far exceed any transfer fee he might bring this summer. I've been over this a million times. If they sell Alexis (assuming he even wants to leave and I've actually heard nothing from him to even hint that he does), they'll be taking a step back at a time when Arsenal needs to show strength and determination. They would risk falling further behind the rivals that finished ahead of them this season (not to mention United). A possible title challenge and at the very least getting back into the Champions League is more valuable to the club than £40-50 million pounds.
I agree we shouldn't sell him but judging by the way kroenke does business it doesn't look like we'd be doin what Dortmund done with lewon.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I agree we shouldn't sell him but judging by the way kroenke does business it doesn't look like we'd be doin what Dortmund done with lewon.

Kroenke has spent a pretty fair amount of money over the past few years since they no longer have to scrimp and save over the stadium debt. He's not the cheapskate many Arsenal fans and bloggers portray him to be. He also understands better than anyone the importance of getting back into the Champions League and challenging for titles. It's good for business. If Wenger wants players, Kroenke won't stand in his way. He understands investment.

Don D

He's sp
Kroenke has spent a pretty fair amount of money over the past few years since they no longer have to scrimp and save over the stadium debt. He's not the cheapskate many Arsenal fans and bloggers portray him to be. He also understands better than anyone the importance of getting back into the Champions League and challenging for titles. It's good for business. If Wenger wants players, Kroenke won't stand in his way. He understands investment.
ent what any other person in charge would of spent, nothing more. Last summer was the most he spent and Wenger had to budget and get Perez

Don D

I was a
I was under the impression that he's other clubs aren't doing so well

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I was a

I was under the impression that he's other clubs aren't doing so well

Well, if you've read some of the cherry-picked Arsenal blogs, I can see why you'd believe that. The Rapids (his MLS team) got off to a poor start this season, but they been very competitive in recent years (2nd in the West last season and won the league championship a few years before that). The Rams have had a losing record, but they've improved over the 1-15 mark the team had the season before Kroenke took over and he's investing a boatload of money in a new stadium and complex in Los Angeles. Before he relinquished control of the Avalanche (required by the NFL to buy the Rams) they were a competitive team and even won a Stanley Cup under his ownership. He's no different from most owners.

Plus, American sports leagues are structured so differently that any comparison to a Premier League club is really immaterial anyway. There are salary caps to deal with and players are acquired in a completely different fashion (through drafts, trades and free agency, not bought for a transfer fee). Stan spends pretty much the same on salaries as the rest. In fact, only one team was closer to the NFL's salary cap last season than the Rams. The key is not so much money as getting the right coach and general manager (the Rams have just hired new people for both those positions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom