Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

I think some can go a bit overboard on that sort of stuff but nothing wrong with a close knit group of very talented footballers.

2. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

I laughed because it's pretty nice photoshopping and pictures. :lol: But eventhough humour should not need to be explained, I'm gonna ask, what does it mean?

The United game (injury game) was 9th game in a row that Holding started after coming in for Sokratis before it in Everton game. That game was a win. The record after was 5-4-0, with three top 6 opponents, plus Leicester, Wolves, Watford and Palace. All top 12 teams last season. That record is pretty amazing.

It makes absolutely no sense that Emery would not want Holding to start games again. Maybe I misunderstand the meme and situation, don't remember from which part of LotR that is? Is Emery there in orc's or similar body or friend's? Why that impression on face? Anyone care to explain?

Symbia likes this.
  3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Good to see even players' GFs have to resort to watching ****ty streams.

4. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

Nice catch :)

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  5. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Elite!

Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

They don't have to be best friends, but you should never underestimate team spirit and chemistry. Best team I've ever played in is very strong on that front - albeit I wouldn't call us tight friends - and I think it's a big factor as to why we are so good. Good personal chemistry and getting on with each other, having fun on and off the pitch, common goals and ambition, etc. all raise the spirit within the group and I think is a big part of having success cause it makes you stick together on the pitch.

E.g. after the season ended Thomas Hitzlsperger alluded to VfB Stuttgart's 18/19 squad being very, very fractured into groups or even individuals, the leading structures being outdated and eroded, a horrible and downtrodden atmosphere in the dressing room; and this was mirrored on the pitch where you saw a disjointed and lifeless team and it's been listed as one of the main reasons for relegation.

So of course players don't have to be best mates, but I'd never underestimate squad chemistry and team spirit, which btw seems to be pretty good at Arsenal currently.

progman07, Ewarwoowar, Symbia and 4 others like this.
  7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Good to see she found a stream! Have to find myself a girl like that too. My wife can't even find me some food when I come home at night ffs.

8. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Your what?

9. razörist

What you think nobody loves me?

Özil is only the second greatest love of my life.

10. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

O Captain! my Captain! Mr Rob Holding

11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Bet your wife doesn't buy that lie either

Trilly likes this.
  12. razörist

[​IMG]

13. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

it's nothing to do with 'corny team spirit stuff' - a defence line which bonds well is much more likely to understand each other on the pitch, discuss tactics, cover each others' backs, not blame each other when it goes wrong, be able to analyse post match together etc etc

same goes for the attack - one of the problems with Alexis, I suspect, was that he wasn't able or willing to discuss tactics with his teamates

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Alexis was our best player for years and a absolute monster. Lacazette is everyones cheerleader but he couldn’t lace Alexis’ boots.

15. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

I will like Rob to be the next skipper.

16. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

His calming aura is amazing. Cant wait to see him paired with Saliba.

17. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Should be back starting after the international break.

18. Pepes blue pill

You sound like you need a friend, we're all here for you

19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Why would I want to be friends with you nerds?

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  20. Pepes blue pill

Its not just a laca respect for Alexandra you have :(