Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump OnlyOne's Best Friend

I’m trying to change my ways, from today on no more hating.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  2. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

I just think of martinelli now n it calms me down, only way I can cope with Emery

3. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Someone else thinks he only will be third choice this season?
    Looks like Emery is trusting Sokratis and Luiz, he likes these experienced players.

Would like to see a Holding - Luiz Duo, both are more comfortable on the ball than Sokratis. But Emery thinks, that Sokratis is the more solid defenders with less errors in his games.

4. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Its possible but pretty hard to judge right now, holding has just come back from a serious injury, dont think anyone was expecting him to be starting just yet

Ricardinho likes this.
  5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You literally make a daily appearance here, man..

6. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Terrible performance from Holding today.

7. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Me and my boy @Furious getting ready to crank up our anti-Holding agenda from years back because the English Maldini isn't all that he's cracked up to be.

[​IMG]

<<reed>>, Furious and BigPoppaPump like this.
  8. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Bad performance yesterday but I personally think that was a one-off.

As an aside, Holding's level/ceiling isn't as high as some of you make out imo. I reckon he can be a solid 3rd/4th choice in a top Arsenal side.

Tourbillion and The_Playmaker like this.
  9. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

You can't say that the performance was one off and then go on to use this performance to make a judgement about his ceiling. I think Holding will do great with a Koscielny type of defender next to him. I'd like to see him with Saliba or a non mustafi defender before saying anything about him.

10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Saliva,Upamecano, Holding, Chambers as a quartet in that order for me.

Maybe likes this.
  11. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

I prefaced my comment with as an aside to indicate that yesterday's performance was not the reason for my assessment of his ceiling. I have felt this way since he broke into the first team properly.

samshere likes this.
  12. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Had a terrible game, Mustafi still ended up looking worse thanks to that dreadful own goal. Says it all really.

in fairness, thats the first bad game iv seen Holding have, think he needs to simplify his game til his form comes back

13. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I think he's too injury prone to be a solid part of the first team. But if he gets over his injuries he's quality.

14. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

To be honest, 3rd choice CB in a PL title challenging side still requires you to be at a very high level.

15. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Is he injury prone? He obviously had that one big injury but I don't remember him suffering many more that would have him fall into that category

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Not a great game.

17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

it's clear when your team concede 5 goals against liverpool 2nd strength is won't do you well he way behind from starting role. Luiz Sokratis and even Chambers are better.

19. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Really sad times when it doesn't look like he'll be benching one of Luiz/Sokratis any time soon on that performance... And both of them are crap.

20. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Holding isn't that good but is still miles ahead of Sokratis and Chambers at CB.