• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Remember how good he was looking before he got hurt last season.
That's the thing...I don't remember.

I'm not saying he was bad but I seem to have a blind spot in my memory when it comes to him, will have to take you lot's word for it.

ScotsGooner89

If we were to keep just one of chambers and holding who would everyone keep? At the start of season I’m sure it would of been holding for 80% of us. I’m on the chambers train now.

Manberg

Predator
If we were to keep just one of chambers and holding who would everyone keep? At the start of season I’m sure it would of been holding for 80% of us. I’m on the chambers train now.

What if Holding improves but Chambers, who is out for 9 Months, doesn't play so well when he gets back?

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Chambers' injury complicates things, but assuming he comes back to his level my answer would be Chambers.

2 bench spots for the price of 1.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's coming back from a big injury, you guys needs to give him more time.
I still think Holding is an excellent CB and he will show his quality as he gets his match fitness back.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Still not sure about this guy. Feel like he's bang average, but hasn't played enough to show it.

He was class for most of last season until his injury, not really sure where you're getting "bang average" from.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was class for most of last season until his injury, not really sure where you're getting "bang average" from.
I’ve admitted that I can’t really remember his extended run in the side, I just can’t seem to remember anything special. Vague memory that he wasn’t bad either.

Manberg

Predator

Class is stretching it though. He did well when the team went on that unbeaten run. The thing with Holding is it’s always been stop start with injuries whenever he gets into decent form.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What if Holding improves but Chambers, who is out for 9 Months, doesn't play so well when he gets back?
What will happen then is Holding will then get a season ending injury just as he was improving and we'd say the same thing again :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's not only just come back from injury but hes come into a completely different style, Holding is still playing Emery-ball and needs time to adjust.

That or he just hates possession based football.. :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe how fast people write off players just coming back from injury.

The whole team was having a shocker and you could clearly see he was just not on it today. Passing was terrible but it was mostly miscommunication and lack of routine.

He'll come good under Arteta, I have no doubt.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's the thing...I don't remember.

I'm not saying he was bad but I seem to have a blind spot in my memory when it comes to him, will have to take you lot's word for it.
he was effective in the last few months of Wengers rein and carried that across to the start of Emerys.

Happy to give the lad a break. He is just returning from a long term injury and his return has been very stop start.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Passing was terrible but it was mostly miscommunication and lack of routine.
This, most of his passes were OK, but players in front were mostly lazy or didn't want to receive a pass. You could tell by his reactions that he wasn't happy with his teammates.
Some of our players hide when they don't feel comfortable to receive the ball, and that's usually when they don't have acres of space. But then again, why was Holding passing to them is a mystery to me

nas7232

Holding > chambers. Holding had 1 bad game, chambers had many leading to several goals. Imo holding has more potential and should improve to a level better than chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom