• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This, most of his passes were OK, but players in front were mostly lazy or didn't want to receive a pass. You could tell by his reactions that he wasn't happy with his teammates.
Some of our players hide when they don't feel comfortable to receive the ball, and that's usually when they don't have acres of space. But then again, why was Holding passing to them is a mystery to me
I think he played those because that's what they are training on.

Most of the passes were not bad in terms of speed and direction. They were also played in pockets where we could bypass opposition press and possibly launch a dangerous attack.

He has the ability to play those direct passed into midfield where the receiving player just needs to lay them off to the fullback or another midfielder to create one touch triangles. You see City doing this all the time.

As mentioned our midfield was hiding in the first half and I think Holding was expecting them to come into the ball in those areas.

Manberg

Predator
He misplaced passes in the second half too, when everyone else stepped up.

Maybe the fact that he was played on the right side of central defence had an effect, as he usually plays on the left. I’m willing to give him time. Hopefully he doesn’t get injured again.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coming back from injury, different defensive partners and system, new manager.

I think we can forgive one poor game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Still very rusty and it shows. He’ll get sharper though. He can still contend for a starting spot if he finds his level.

Insane his pal Chambers is now nursing the same injury.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coming back from injury, different defensive partners and system, new manager.

I think we can forgive one poor game.

I think we can forgive a poor season. Holding never prospered in a 4 man defence before the injury. He showed ability in a 3 man defence left and right side. Generally I think he is overestimated, but could become a good squad player like Chambers.

People have to realise that an ACL injury means 9 months out injured. It then takes that entire season and pre season. Sometimes it takes even longer.

Look at Ox.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
The only way to reduce the chances of an ACL injury is making sure your quads and hamstrings are buff. Fast twitch fibers help too. Obviously, if your leg is put in a position where all the above can't help much, like NFL players often find themselves in, you're ****ed, but it significantly reduces the chances of it happening due to just taking a bad step. Strong muscles that react fast and correct the motion will pull you out of trouble.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like him but let’s be blunt, he’s 25 soon and he’s done very little here. You got Joe Gomez at Liverpool who is 22 and is being compared to Van Dijk.

I think you start moving these guys on if possible.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Not writing holding off just yet, especially not at 24 when defenders are well known for coming into their prime a few years later. He looks very rusty but that's to be expected all things considered.

Reactions: roz

Impact

Established Member
I like him but let’s be blunt, he’s 25 soon and he’s done very little here. You got Joe Gomez at Liverpool who is 22 and is being compared to Van Dijk.

I think you start moving these guys on if possible.

Nah, you keep him as an able and dependable third or ideally fourth choice.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nah, you keep him as an able and dependable third or ideally fourth choice.
Feels like we’re collecting 3rd and 4th choice CB’s and no top starters. Even Saliba is a baby, it’s rare for guys under 23/24 to be dependable at CB for top clubs and he’s 19 next season.

Impact

Established Member
Feels like we’re collecting 3rd and 4th choice CB’s and no top starters. Even Saliba is a baby, it’s rare for guys under 23/24 to be dependable at CB for top clubs and he’s 19 next season.

Yeah, I understand that. Ideally you get rid of Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi at the end of the season. Send Mavropanos out on loan. Keep Holding and Chambers at 4th and utility choice. Saliba returns as third choice. We buy a CB right at the top of his game and is senior (27+) and a younger (older than Saliba) but quality partner for the lead defender so we can ease Saliba in and phase the key defender out over 5 seasons with a proper transition.

Something like Koulibaly, Upamecano, Saliba, Holding and Chambers would be perfect.

Manberg

Predator
Player ability is not defined by age. I’m sure there are many 27+ CB’s who’re not very good. Likewise, there may be top quality CB’s under 25.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Player ability is not defined by age. I’m sure there are many 27+ CB’s who’re not very good. Likewise, there may be top quality CB’s under 25.
Nobody said it was defied by age, that would be absolutely ridiculous.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Great game, he was great in the air.

Arteta's move to 3 at the back when we didn't have the ball with KT tucking in got the best out of Holding.

Still rusty, but there are a lot of CBs moving away from Arsenal this summer and today did him a lot of good if he is the one that ends up staying.

GunnerShy

Yeah, still
Excellent game.
Looks a little panicky at times with the ball at his feet. But very solid defensively, and looked great dealing with balls in the air. I think he will benefit in a more defined system. I think he's a "system" defender. Hopefully has a good run at it now builds some confidence into next season

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Feeling better with this performance, hopefully he continues this form and is the one to partner Saliba, but I suspect bad man Luiz will be back after his suspension :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom