<

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. akhil

akhil Well-Known Member

Typo, meant `when he's not on the pitch.`

:facepalm:

BigPoppaPump and DJ_Markstar like this.
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

People actually think Holding is playing well?! He was good against Fulham. Liability. Sadly, it looks as if he will be staying.

3. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

The right CB is actually a bit of a worry despite all the defenders we have. Like you I still wouldn`t want to see Holding as a mainstay on the team. Mustafi still injured and looks likely to be sold and Saliba will need time. Chambers also just back from a long injury and is only marginally better than Holding in my opinion. Luiz, Tierney and Gabriel are probably our three best defenders but can`t play together.

truth_hurts likes this.
  4. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

So he is playing well then? At the current time. Mistake aside, he was decent enough against West ham as well.

5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Didn't rate the West Ham performance and we looked very open vs Leicester. It's about standards and we can't be championing this level of performance if we want to progress as a club.

6. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Think he was our best defender today.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes i think he was very good he still very bad passer but that not his fault he don't have ability to do that

say yes likes this.
  8. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah he "done alright" today.

9. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

He was as good as you can expect him to be for a guy with no pace against the fastest front 3 in the league.

10. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Had a few dodgy moments tonight but he was pretty decent, hardworking performance

11. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Scary with the ball at his feet, although tonight is the toughest test of playing it out in world football.

Solid defensively. Of the 300 Centre backs we have at the club at the moment he's in the better half. I think he'll play a fair load of minutes this season. I was a critic, but I'm happy enough we didn't loan him out as it's turning out.

12. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

The mistakes he made were really poor, just luck it didn't cost us.

13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Didn't really get done for pace as far as I can remember. But made some sloppy passes and too slow to get rid of the ball. Did better than expected. But another case of a player who shouldn't be regularly starting for this club.

truth_hurts likes this.
  14. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Could you imagine him playing against CL strikers?

15. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Did his best to gift Mane a goal.

Shouldn't really be starting for us if we're an ambitious team.

He's 24 and we're still talking about potential.

He hasn't improved one bit since he's been here.

He's so **** on the ball.

16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He has some dodgy moments but he was dogged and stuck at it. It would be nice to have a settled back 3 or 4 or 5 but he was all right tonight.

17. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

It's partially on Arteta to let the teamplay such forced build-up play. The triangle in the box with Luiz Leno and Holding during a GK makes no sense. All three can't deal with it.

A proper ball-playing CB is so important for that and we don't seem to have one.

That being said he was decent defensively despite the suspect moment where he miscontrolled the ball on the edge of the box.

Ibadan likes this.
  18. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

This, plus the fact that we didn't have a midfielder who would collect the ball from defenders, which is just as important as having a CB with composure on the ball.
    Think this issue will be easy to analyze by Arteta and he will have to make a different selection for the next game

Dutch D likes this.
  19. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Arteta will ease Saliba into the starting eleven. Holding's days of starting will soon be over.

20. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

I thought he had a good game defensively, but we can’t aim to play out from the back and keep starting him. Really limited on the ball.

Trilly and GunnerShy like this.