<

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Think he played well considering that’s the most feared attack in the prem. He held it together and I can’t ask for more.

He’s not a natural at passing from the back so the aggressive Liverpool press does create heart in mouth moments.

He’s young enough to work on this though and if he boots it to row Z now and then like he did against Mane, I would never be mad at that. Keep it up Rob.

2. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

You mean like Mane, Salah & Firminho?

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

He's our best CB but because he didn't cost a big transfer fee everyone hates on him, if Tierney performed like this people would be lining up on their knees with their mouth open.

4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

It think it was cause he had some shaky performances after his return from a long lay off. I also thought wtf is he doing here myself.

If you’ve been paying attention though, he’s actually been one of our best cbs if you include project restart. Not surprised his loan move got squashed and that’s credit to him, we should be happy we have a talented young English CB on our hands it’s not like we go out and buy them.

We actually need him, especially if the Mustafi and Sokratis deals (hopefully) go through.

5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I too thought he played well, bar some hairy moments on the ball. Our issues came from poor defending on the left, not the right.

DJ_Markstar likes this.
  6. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

100%. Holding has been pretty good for me, although unspectacular he handled Mane well, played well in the FA Cup final etc. More to come from him for sure.

Macho likes this.
  7. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

People really think he played well? What the ****ity f**k? Doesn't do anything with conviction. I can even ignore him being poor on the ball and not good when pressed, but he's weak in the air and so slow off the mark that he's an easy target. Was he dogs**t yesterday? No, but good or played well?! HELL NO.

Think he was our worst defender and that's a big shout considering only Lyiz came out of the game with any credit and even he assisted one of their goals.

8. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

Holding is really bad on the ball. I would overlook that if he was a very good defender, but he's average at that too.

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  9. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Think Holding is holding it together pretty well... See what I just did? :)

He didn't cost much so I have a lot of time for him especially coming of a lengthy injury. He seems to respond well to Arteta's coaching and if we at one time need / want to sell him we might make a nice profit. All good in my book!

Macho likes this.
  10. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Firmino*

I meant on a regular basis. He plays against those guys twice a year.

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Should be able to get good money for him, Chambers makes more sense as the back up CB.

say yes likes this.
  12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Thought it was just me.

tcahill and truth_hurts like this.
  13. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

[​IMG]

tcahill, Macho and El Duderino like this.
  14. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

our best player of the season so far

15. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Very good game after game.

However hes balding and didnt cost 50m so Arsenal fans wont give him the credit he deserves.

Pop Tart likes this.
  16. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

This he has improved a lot. Few moments at times but solid.

17. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

C'mon now. Holding is not our best defender. Luiz is better and so is Gabriel (by a distance if the first few games are anything to go by, what a signing), and Marí surely is too.

He's so poor on the ball, I really didn't expect his passing to be this bad. I would take advantage of this good moment in terms of games and offer him out, see if we can capitalise on it like we should've on AMN's moment of vogue.

18. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Holding has always been good but being injured means people have forgotten. He was also eased back slowly. Arteta doesn't rush people back from what I've seen.

19. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Good game tonight. I'm never going to be sold on him, but credit where it is due.

20. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He's a fighter and not giving much away. He cant fall below this standard though but I trust him atm and that's crucial