<

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

Not been bad this season, not gonna lie. He will be keeping his spot unless Arteta starts using Saliba or moves a player to RCB.

Worst case scenario he shows some decent solid games and we sell him for £20m+ next summer.

TakeChillPill likes this.
  2. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Quicker than I thought, still better than luiz at. Actually defending. Curious to know if he will be able to play in a back four with gab.

3. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

Yet another Liverpool game, yet another solid showing. What more could you want.

roz and BigPoppaPump like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Ex-Arsenal Fan

Went from everyone writing him off to our best player this season, my eye for talent is unmatched man. You lot should listen to me, my track record is close 100%.

5. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

It's entirely possible that if he doesn't get another injury he could become what Keown suggested.

6. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

*coughs loudly* I also have backed Holding. Always hard for a player after a nasty injury, would 100% keep especially over the more liked Chambers who cant do any one position particularly well.

7. BigPoppaPump

See I was gonna like this until you dissed Chambers who's also my boy, he was our best CB before the ACL

AberGooner likes this.
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I’m definitely living in a parallel universe. Was run ragged by Antonio v West Ham and lost him for their goal. Run ragged by Robertson and Mané v Liverpool, which is more acceptable but still strange seeing how everyone thinks he’s been so good.

Played well against Fulham and Leicester reserves, but I was counting down to Saliba starting and disappointed to hear he’s not ready this season.

Holding is a capable defender. Especially in the air and in a back 3. On the floor though, his lack of pace and technique is a major worry and there’s a reason why 80% of our attacks go down the left side.

If he continues to grow and gain confidence though I’m happy. He’s better than Mustafi that’s for sure.

tcahill likes this.
  9. BigPoppaPump

Sounds like you have some unconscious bias against him and see every dribble as him being 'run ragged'.

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I haven't been impressed this season, but felt he played well on Thursday. Could any of his fans tell me what his best attributes are though?

11. truth_hurts

Who is our top scorer?

12. BigPoppaPump

I dunno who's the top scorer for Nottingham Forrest.

13. truth_hurts

Never heard of Forrest. Forest have yet to score.

I'm surprised that for one so knowledgeable, you do not know who Arsenal's top scorer is.

14. BigPoppaPump

Theirry Henry?

15. truth_hurts

Well done. For a bonus point, who is Arsenal's top scorer this season?

16. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

He’s alright in a 3, everyone knew that before. I doubt we’ll see him much when we move back to a 4 man defense.

Big Poppa likes this.
  17. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Agree with this completely. Decent defender but far from our best. Chambers and Mustafi should be challenging for that RCB spot very soon.

18. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

We are going to loose 3 CBs next year, there is no harm in keeping both Chambers and Holding as they are home grown. It's just we need Saliba to click as he costed us 30m to partner with Gabriel. We could slowly phase out Mari and buy another top defender in next few windows to add depth.

19. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Mustafi is way better than him tbh. Yes Mustafi makes mistakes, but he does a lot of good defending. Holding doesn’t do much. I never see him do something great. He just waits out

truth_hurts likes this.
  20. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Can't believe we rate the same players, something's very wrong here