• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I have to admit I thought he should have gone in the summer. I've always liked him but knowing we had Saliba coming in and then we signed Gaby I felt we should sell. How did I know Saliba was just a decoy to unleash Holdini! :lol:

Seriously, he's been very consistent, and I like the guy anyway.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Our best player today ( although that doesn't day much). Defensively very good and dominant in the the air, although he did make w couple of sloppy passes.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Another good performance, hes definitely improving on the ball when hes under pressure... had to take the ball at some dangerous times today and didnt hoof it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Our best player today ( although that doesn't day much). Defensively very good and dominant in the the air, although he did make w couple of sloppy passes.
Hasn't really had a consistent partner beside him either really and performed well with all of them.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I'm a big fan and I have supported him a lot in this thread but was very bad today imo. Made so many poor passes and suddenly didn't look comfortable with Gabriel as much as he was with mari.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes first time holding today was bad with passing and few of his defending was poor I'm surprised Arteta didn't rest hik

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I definitely watched a different game to some of you. Thought he was awful. There was a 5 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half where he fluctuated between passing it out of play and passing it to a Southampton player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He was terrible. He is terrible, but his recent form has been decent. He's got a red beam aimed at him for the United game...

He performs well and ill leave him alone for the rest of January.

mpower2540

Vultures coming out after a rare bad game, typical.
Out of interest, do you think he’s the answer long term? I have to admit when I see him put in a performance like today, against a good side with effective forwards it worries me. He was all over the place, didn’t help Gabriel was shocking too.

I think a large part of it today was we’d shuffled the team around and we were 2nd best everywhere. Southampton had all the pressure and control which made Holding exposed. If we protect him, he’s fine, but I do think we should be looking for an upgrade sooner rather than later . Hopefully it’s Saliba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Out of interest, do you think he’s the answer long term? I have to admit when I see him put in a performance like today, against a good side with effective forwards it worries me. He was all over the place, didn’t help Gabriel was shocking too.

I think a large part of it today was we’d shuffled the team around and we were 2nd best everywhere. Southampton had all the pressure and control which made Holding exposed. If we protect him, he’s fine, but I do think we should be looking for an upgrade sooner rather than later . Hopefully it’s Saliba.

At minimum, he's the perfect back up defender to your 2 main CBs, has everything you want for that role...good height, liked in the dressing room, likeable character and a decent player...so I am glad he got a new deal, as we need players like him in the squad.

Do I feel he can take that next step, and become a starter for Arsenal...I go back and fourth on this, tbh.

He probably doesn't have the overall quality for that role, but on the other hand it's a weak era for centrebacks imo...hard to say.

We could end up needing a new striker, centre mid and attacking mid in the summer, feel those are more priority positions that CB right now...so happy for Rob to be competing to be a starter next season too.

mpower2540

At minimum, he's the perfect back up defender to your 2 main CBs, has everything you want for that role...good height, liked in the dressing room, likeable character and a decent player...so I am glad he got a new deal, as we need players like him in the squad.

Do I feel he can take that next step, and become a starter for Arsenal...I go back and fourth on this, tbh.

He probably doesn't have the overall quality for that role, but on the other hand it's a weak era for centrebacks imo...hard to say.

We could end up needing a new striker, centre mid and attacking mid in the summer, feel those are more priority positions that CB right now...so happy for Rob to be competing to be a starter next season too.
I’d say CM might just be the most important, the drop off in quality when Partey isn’t there is staggering! Laca is actually doing fine right now but we’re idiots if we keep him and miss out on some value for him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

The receding Roque Junior scores an own goal and Holding gets the blame, typical. :nope:

Christ, Roque Junior, what a player...by that I mean, he was ****, but he played in a great era of football!

Impact

Established Member
Think Holding is at best a squad/back-up option in terms of his ceiling.

Having said that it must be incredibly hard defending at CB where your midfield two (Xhaka and Elneny) constantly invite pressure due to their lack of athleticism and physicality off the ball and control and verticality on the ball. It's no surprise that both Holding and Gabriel looked better when Partey came on.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Another typical Holdini performance again and was very good. Great challenge on Adams near tge end denying Adams a goal scoring opportunity.

All that with Luiz being very shaky and error prone tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom