• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RVP (Judas) Interview

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Interesting follow up to Cesc's interview...

If you can't get the podcast to work, then go to the Twitter thread for more quotes.

I never saw anything wrong with the open letter from Persie. Surely this should be the last nail in the coffin for Gazidis fans, I know there are few on here, one was the leader of the usual suspect gang!

Hopefully Van Persie's story with Arsenal is not over!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m quite a calm person but f*ck me I hate Gazidis with a burning passion.

Everything bad that happened to this club over the last 15 years, his name will be in the mix. From this to the Özil extension, not renewing Ramsey or Alexis earlier and hiring Emery it’s harder to find someone more incompetent in football than this w*nker.

Also seems to put forward the argument that Gazidis greatly reduced Wenger’s power at the club seen as he seemingly had final say on contract renewals and negotiations.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He’s playing games. He wasn’t offered a new deal because he didn’t want one.
These are my sentiments as well. But I find it interesting that he wanted to talk to them about things that needed to change at the club, while it dovetails well with Fabregas giving an interesting history about the Xabi Alonso affair and how the quality of players was dropping. Obvious for all to see with the latter. But I think it's telling about both Gazidis and ownership. We will be in the doldrums for a while I fear.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s playing games. He wasn’t offered a new deal because he didn’t want one.

I’ll back RvP to a certain extent, he carried a bunch of jokers to top 4 that year. Possibly one of the worst teams we put out in the Wenger era apart from him.

The fact he went to Gazidis with clear points on where the club should improve but not even one of them was agreed speaks volumes about the leadership at that time.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I don't think that RVP feels any attachment about Arsenal and more-less give **** about his time with us.Spending 8 years at one club isn't short,but he probably don't value us so much.

Don't like him because we held him for so long with his injuries and waited for him to play one decent season without break.He did that in 2011-12 with being our best player and than wanted to move on to win titles and go to one of the biggest rivals.

Also he said few times that he rates his time at Utd more and that celebration against us didn't help at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
These are my sentiments as well. But I find it interesting that he wanted to talk to them about things that needed to change at the club, while it dovetails well with Fabregas giving an interesting history about the Xabi Alonso affair and how the quality of players was dropping. Obvious for all to see with the latter. But I think it's telling about both Gazidis and ownership. We will be in the doldrums for a while I fear.
What did he want to tell the club? Sign better players? I don’t think Robin has anything to add that people like Ivan can take on board.

Ultimately, the self sustaining model dictated our fate.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Good comment about RVP.

The reason it hurts so much is because of how and why he left us. When we bought RVP he was a talented winger with an attitude problem. Wenger coached him into being a striker, backed him when he was accused of rape and gave him a new improved contract on a regular basis even when he was frequently out injured for months at a time. We did this because we believed he believed in the team, that he was a fan, and that one day when fit- he would lead us to something special.

When he finally got over his injuries and found a patch of consistency he decided to leave us.

RVP left us for short term glory, he never put in the years of work to come up short. He never tried to win with us, he did the easy thing and go to a team that could give him the medal he so badly craved. Players that have been at a team for years and gave it all on the pitch (Alexis, Fabregas)- I can forgive them for leaving. RVP never gave us that.

You know the real sad part? Had he stayed at Arsenal I am 90% sure he would have a statue outside our stadium. He had the potential to lead us to the league as the one thing we had lacked for years was a world class striker.
He won his league at United but he’ll never be remembered as one of their legends, in fact he’ll never be remembered at any club for being a legend… which is sad of one of the most talented players to ever play in the Premierleague.

Theres a reason we call jim Judas Van Purse-strings

I don't think that RVP feels any attachment about Arsenal and more-less give **** about his time with us.Spending 8 years at one club isn't short,but he probably don't value us so much.

Don't like him because we held him for so long with his injuries and waited for him to play one decent season without break.He did that in 2011-12 with being our best player and than wanted to move on to win titles and go to one of the biggest rivals.

Also he said few times that he rates his time at Utd more and that celebration against us didn't help at all.

Didn't know you joined the sissy gang. When did that happen?

I think people need to start directing their anger in the right direction. Until the club hires the right people to take care of our players and start showing some ambition on the field players will always leave us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Van Persie was right to leave in 2012, he was a top class player close to 30, we were a 3rd/4th place team back then, he was good enough to be challenging for the title...live and let live I say.

The contract situation is obviously bollocks...if Van Persie, the best forward in the world, not named Messi or Ronaldo, wanted to stay at Arsenal, the club would have given him whatever they could to keep him.

Hulk Hogan said "I only changed the outcome of a match once, brother" (referencing Bash At The Beach 2000) from his point of view and Robin's, they might not have been technically lying, they give out the signals of what they want without ever having to actually say it, clever ****s...but from the club's point of view if they 100 percent knew Robin wanted to leave, which he did in 2012, what's the point of offering a contract...they probably held a discussion at the end of that season, by the end of it everyone knew Van Persie's desires to leave, that simple really...Robin's definitely trying to be a bit cute with the facts imo.

The likes of Van Persie or Fabregas or anyone since we moved to The Emirates, was more or less right to leave us...we just weren't a league winning team like we were at Highbury anymore, for various reasons...just wish they would say that.

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Van Persie was right to leave in 2012, he was a top class player close to 30, we were a 3rd/4th place team back then, he was good enough to be challenging for the title...live and let live I say.

The contract situation is obviously bollocks...if Van Persie, the best forward in the world, not named Messi or Ronaldo, wanted to stay at Arsenal, the club would have given him whatever they could to keep him.

Hulk Hogan said "I only changed the outcome of a match once, brother" (referencing Bash At The Beach 2000) from his point of view and Robin's, they might not have been technically lying...but from the club's point of view if they 100 percent knew Robin wanted to leave, which he did in 2012, what's the point of offering a contract...they probably held a discussion at the end of that season, by the end of it everyone knew Van Persie's desires to leave, that simple really...Robin's definitely trying to be a bit cute with the facts imo.

The likes of Van Persie or Fabregas or anyone since we moved to The Emirates, was more or less right to leave us...we just weren't a league winning team like we were at Highbury anymore, for various reasons...just wish they would say that.

Good post and agree with most part.

Btw,didn't he had offers from some other top clubs in those times ? Think that Real and Juvents were interested in buying him.Went to our rivals hurts a lot.

Impact

Established Member
Good comment about RVP.

The reason it hurts so much is because of how and why he left us. When we bought RVP he was a talented winger with an attitude problem. Wenger coached him into being a striker, backed him when he was accused of rape and gave him a new improved contract on a regular basis even when he was frequently out injured for months at a time. We did this because we believed he believed in the team, that he was a fan, and that one day when fit- he would lead us to something special.

When he finally got over his injuries and found a patch of consistency he decided to leave us.

RVP left us for short term glory, he never put in the years of work to come up short. He never tried to win with us, he did the easy thing and go to a team that could give him the medal he so badly craved. Players that have been at a team for years and gave it all on the pitch (Alexis, Fabregas)- I can forgive them for leaving. RVP never gave us that.

You know the real sad part? Had he stayed at Arsenal I am 90% sure he would have a statue outside our stadium. He had the potential to lead us to the league as the one thing we had lacked for years was a world class striker.
He won his league at United but he’ll never be remembered as one of their legends, in fact he’ll never be remembered at any club for being a legend… which is sad of one of the most talented players to ever play in the Premierleague.

Theres a reason we call jim Judas Van Purse-strings

The loyalty expected of footballers (and athletes) seems a bit ridiculous to me. He was 29. Had a chance to play for the best manager in the history of the league, in a team capable of winning the league and as its centrepiece while also substantially increasing his wages. Why should he have stayed at Arsenal? We weren't building something special and hadn't won anything in years. Some sentimental notion of loyalty? He made a good move from a sporting point of view, although tarnishing his Arsenal legacy some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom