• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RVP (Judas) Interview

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just so everyone knows I am not just picking on Aaron, I don't class the likes of Freddie Ljungberg and Gilberto Silva as Arsenal legends, they would be in the next level down with Rambo...my bouncers only let the elite of the elite in to my club :cool:
Nobody cares what you think. Gilberto is a starting key invincible, that’s automatic legend status. Without him we would’ve not been unbeaten.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really don't want to remember that 07/08 season. I'm yet to figure out what was clichy doing there at Birmingham. I really liked gael and I think that he was class for us but he still produced some of the strangest plays and behaviours I've ever seen in a football pitch. We have absolutly no right to choke that title.
That season hurts as much as 2016 and is the other one that got away. Clichy fells to pieces and iirc, he made about seven successive errors that lead directly to a goal. Gallas laid the blame at his door and fair play, he owned it and said"I know its my fault..." in a later interview.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was just moment when they celebrated WC title and really why would they argue about that ? Also,they put that kit on him,he didn't want that.It was a big moment for Spain,who would think about other stuff at that moment really ?

He made mistakes,but from what i saw,most people still respect him more than RVP,so your opinion about both is pretty subjective.

Why are you going on about an argument? You can just take the shirt off ffs, it’s not all or nothing. I hardly doubt they’d have given him a beating if he’d just said no :lol:

Don’t get this little cult of Cesc honestly, he’s in the hall of shame with Ashley, RvP and the others.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Why are you going on about an argument? You can just take the shirt off ffs, it’s not all or nothing. I hardly doubt they’d have given him a beating if he’d just said no :lol:

Don’t get this little cult of Cesc honestly, he’s in the hall of shame with Ashley, RvP and the others.

He could,but it was just few seconds.Probably it would awarkad to do that in front of so many people and when your country won first WC in history.And really that Spanish ****s from Barcelona want to make mess with that.

And you asked for cult.Think that's because he was our best player and captain in Post-Highbury Era and kinda favourite player of fans.Ashley was just another player in that golden generation and attention on RVP wasn't all the time because of injuries.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He could,but it was just few seconds.Probably it would awarkad to do that in front of so many people and when your country won first WC in history.And really that Spanish ****s from Barcelona want to make mess with that.

And you asked for cult.Think that's because he was our best player and captain in Post-Highbury Era and kinda favourite player of fans.Ashley was just another player in that golden generation and attention on RVP wasn't all the time because of injuries.

I can see you’re just going to continue to paint Cesc as some timid wallflower who couldn’t take off a football shirt that disrespected the fans and his Arsenal teammates but really if any other player had done it, you know you’d be fuming.

As for this best captain of the Emirates era nonsense, wow what a leader of men you’d have to be, to be ahead of such beloved figures like Gallas and RvP :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I have zero respect for the way Judas and Cesc engineered their moves and whatever they try to conjure in retirement won't change that.

Contrast their departures to ones like Aaron, Sagna and you see the difference in class and respect to not only Arsène but the fans.

Both were phenomenal players in their own rights but behaved like absolute disgraces. Ivan isn't free of criticism either, but both lacked class and respect in how they exited the club.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I can see you’re just going to continue to paint Cesc as some timid wallflower who couldn’t take off a football shirt that disrespected the fans and his Arsenal teammates but really if any other player had done it, you know you’d be fuming.

As for this best captain of the Emirates era nonsense, wow what a leader of men you’d have to be, to be ahead of such beloved figures like Gallas and RvP :lol:

You did same with RVP on this thread.You have your opinion on stuff.Don't like Cesc,defend RVP,so what ? We can talk all day,who is right and who isn't.You didn't get hurt by comments and actions of RVP,while most of us did.Where he earned that respect from you and why you don't talk how he doesn't respect Arsenal after all ?

No.I said that he was our best player,not best captain.It's normal that fans love player that is best in one team and carried them for long time.RVP was captain one season and Wenger didn't want Gallas to be captain.They're even worse than Cesc :lol:

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

You "like him a lot" but he's hardly getting a statue outside of OT anytime soon is he?

Neither does Cantona or Keane but we still respect them a lot too. Robin has definitely earned a place in our history.

It's not as if he'd stayed at Arsenal he would have got a statue next to Henry for finishing 4th.

With the amount of legends at the club it's quite difficult; Sir Alex, Best, Law and Charlton are the statues we have.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Neither does Cantona or Keane but we still respect them a lot too. Robin has definitely earned a place in our history.

It's not as if he'd stayed at Arsenal he would have got a statue next to Henry for finishing 4th.

With the amount of legends at the club it's quite difficult; Sir Alex, Best, Law and Charlton are the statues we have.

Is Ronaldo United's legend in your opinion ? :lol:

Saw the other day on Red Caffe that it wasn't all black and white how you see him.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Is Ronaldo United's legend in your opinion ? :lol:

Saw the other day on Red Caffe that it wasn't all black and white how you see him.

Ronaldo probably doesn't give a **** about the club but that doesn't erase what he's achieved for us.

3 back to back Premier Leagues, a Champions league among some other trophies is quite an accomplishment. He'll always make the "Best United XI of all time" lineup for many of our fans.

Not sure how else to answer.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Ronaldo probably doesn't give a **** about the club but that doesn't erase what he's achieved for us.

3 back to back Premier Leagues, a Champions league among some other trophies is quite an accomplishment. He'll always make the "Best United XI of all time" lineup for many of our fans.

Not sure how else to answer.

Yeah,think it's pretty close to put him in "legend" category.

Only problem is that he stayed kinda short at United.All your other legends were almost whole their career in one club and you can't think about club without thinking about them.He wasn't loyal enough.

He always talked more about Sir Alex than about United alone.He just looked more on himself when he went to Real in terms of winning new titles and new challenges.Total opposite than Messi and Barcelona.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Yeah,think it's pretty close to put him in "legend" category.

Only problem is that he stayed kinda short at United.All your other legends were almost whole their career in one club and you can't think about club without thinking about them.He wasn't loyal enough.

He always talked more about Sir Alex than about United alone.He just looked more on himself when he went to Real in terms of winning new titles and new challenges.Total opposite than Messi and Barcelona.

Cantona was at United for an even shorter period (beaten by Rashford in appearances) than Ronaldo was but for many of the fan base the former would be regarded as the biggest legend of all time.

Think it really comes to interpretation, there's no time span that can really declare you as a legend. For some he will be, for others he won't.

So back on Van Persie, yes he was here for a very short period of time but he had achieved some of the biggest moments in our club history in his spell. This stuff just doesn't disappear in fans eyes so I'll never agree with any statement that "United fans don't give a **** about Van Persie." Not sure how Chelsea fans feel about Cesc though.

Last edited:

dridinho

That season hurts as much as 2016 and is the other one that got away. Clichy fells to pieces and iirc, he made about seven successive errors that lead directly to a goal. Gallas laid the blame at his door and fair play, he owned it and said"I know its my fault..." in a later interview.

09/10, 10/11 ... I wonder how we always managed to choke the whole thing in like 3-4 consecutive games. it may sounds stupid, but I always believed that our main problem is the luck.

Kav

Established Member
All this talk about legend, who would you guys consider the last Arsenal legend ?

Ramsey? - he has not had the on field impact like cazorla or sanchez and he certainly cannot be considered alongside greats like Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp, Adams, Keown, Parlour, Henry etc.

Who has been our last great player?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Cantona was at United for an even shorter period than Ronaldo was but for many of the fan base the former would be regarded as the biggest legend of all time.

Think it really comes to interpretation, there's no time span that can really declare you as a legend. For some he will be, for others he won't.

So back on Van Persie, yes he was here for a very short period of time but he had achieved some of the biggest moments in our club history in his spell. This stuff just doesn't disappear in fans eyes so I'll never agree with any statement that "United fans don't give a **** about Van Persie." Not sure how Chelsea fans feel about Cesc though.

I put some things that could define legend in this thread.Maybe it's not everything right,but can be close.Players just needs to have little bit of everyting to achive that.Quality,winning titles,loyalty,rejecting big clubs and love that club where they play.

Yeah,he was in great form in 2012/13 and helped you a lot to win EPL in that season.After Moyes came,all players looked kinda worse.You probably respect RVP for that.I somehow can compare him with Arshavin at Arsenal :lol:.He wasn't that long at us,played in good form in 2 seasons ,scored and had some great games and fans loved him.

dridinho

All this talk about legend, who would you guys consider the last Arsenal legend ?

Ramsey? - he has not had the on field impact like cazorla or sanchez and he certainly cannot be considered alongside greats like Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp, Adams, Keown, Parlour, Henry etc.

I think that Özil is the only contender.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Ramsey and Sagna are probably closest to be legends.

But really their quality is far from likes of Henry,Pires and others.

Top Bottom