• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Save Streak-Dont Let Baldness Win

Leewat3

After watching yet another below average performance from Freddie (vs. Villa) i am starting a campaign, similar to Soccer Am's 'Save Chip', for Freddie to bring back his red streak in the hope that it will bring back some of his form in the last double year.

Come on Freddie!!

Save Streak- Dont Let Baldness Win

flotz

i think freddie is doing great so far this season but i agree i would like to see back his red streak he isnt the same without it

jc8gooner

I thought Freddie played well today. He was good in possession, made some good dribbles, his passing was good etc. He didn'tget a goal and a few crosses went a bit wrong but I still htought that he played well. It is his workrate that puts him up there above anyone else though. When he's not scoring he still works really really hard so i don't think we can knock him.

Leewat3

Fair enough but we all know he can do so much better! He seems to have lost a yard of pace and just doesnt seem to be creating as much anymore.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Leewat3 said:
Fair enough but we all know he can do so much better! He seems to have lost a yard of pace and just doesnt seem to be creating as much anymore.

when did freddie ever create?!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The thing I don't like about Ljungberg is that he goes backwards to often, instead of really driving forward. This often slows down the momentum of our moves.

A

Anonymous

jc8gooner said:
I thought Freddie played well today. He was good in possession, made some good dribbles, his passing was good etc. He didn'tget a goal and a few crosses went a bit wrong but I still htought that he played well. It is his workrate that puts him up there above anyone else though. When he's not scoring he still works really really hard so i don't think we can knock him.

Spot on.
It was a typical Freddie performance today, lots of running around to little effect in terms of chances, but he was nice and tidy on the ball and worked hard up and down on the right, which is needed seen as our left is very attacking.

Mark

Established Member
freddie may not be scoring as much, but i think it's possible that his role on right midfield has lead wenger to instruct him to play differently. i think freddie works hard and goes back and hopefully he'll improve his crossing, his cross for henry's goal against leeds wasn't so bad. he's playing differently now but i wouldn't say it was worse. he will still chip in with goals i think.

A.Hussain

i think the fact that he is playing with injuries is hampering his performance. we should recall pennant now and give freddie a rest

thierrys_girl

Established Member
IMO Freddie is playing really well this season.

I would love to see the Red streak through his hair again though :wink:

goonerlove

Nobody can deny the red streak is great...

Personally, Freddie is one of my favorite players, but I think he has definitely not been his best this year. I think his injuries are taking a toll and giving him another 7-8 days in a row soon would do wonders for him - maybe even give him a couple of games off during the FA/Carling string.

The challenge is how do you give rest to Pires, Henry, Ljungberg who all need it...

Goonerlove

Mark

Established Member
perhaps recalling pennant would be a good idea. that way he could either fill in for freddie, or freddie can fill in for pires on the left with pennant on the right. we will need henry, pires and freddie to be at their best towards the end of the season. it would be tragic if they were all tired like the end of last season and we got all those injuries.

Gooner83

Freddie needs to improve his awareness of players, he runs with his head down alot, hes a good ball player though.

laolu

goonerlove said:
Nobody can deny the red streak is great...

The challenge is how do you give rest to Pires, Henry, Ljungberg who all need it...

Goonerlove

well, against boro, they'll get the rest. and I mean the 2 legs

D.Dappa

Ljungberg hasnt been that bad this season, i think sometimes he is a victim of his own greatness, alot of us Expect him to go on the same run as he did during the Double season, but im not sure if Freddie has been fully-fit and injury free since then.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
what freddie does nobody in the arsenal lineup can do. That is running to create space. What you guys miss is you keep focusing on if the run ends up with him scoring a goal. Well that can happen but whats more important is each run takes at least 2 defenders away and opens up space for Pires..and our midfielders to come in. Freddie has been very very effective in that department because it suits our style of play. Thats why I am sure he will always be picked ahead of pennant(if he ever comes back). He has never been creative. What we need him is to keep making those runs. And that he has been doing very well this year.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom