• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Squad is going to be very thin if he goes, no cover for Tierney at left back, even more so if we lose one of AMN/Bellerin.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squad is going to be very thin if he goes, no cover for Tierney at left back, even more so if we lose one of AMN/Bellerin.

Think Soares is considered pretty competent in the left

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Think AMN stays plus Saka is competent on the left. Meanwhile Kola sucks ass plus is on high wages.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bild say we want 15m euro. For his age it isn't unrealistic. The wages are a problem though. Levekusen will be able to afford it.

LG10

Who’s back up lb if amn becomes our 1st choice rb? Could only be saka which wouldn’t be the worst thing.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we sell Kolasinac I doubt that we'd also sell Bellerin.

AMN, Cedric, and Saka can play LB, and then when we play with a back 3 Gabriel would also be a good option at LCB, so we have plenty of cover.

Also, the hopefully the sales of Kolasinac, Sokratis, Torreira, and Douzi can help fund our purchases of Aouar and Partey; and we wouldn't need to sell Bellerin.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
If we sell Kolasinac I doubt that we'd also sell Bellerin.

AMN, Cedric, and Saka can play LB, and then when we play with a back 3 Gabriel would also be a good option at LCB, so we have plenty of cover.

Also, the hopefully the sales of Kolasinac, Sokratis, Torreira, and Douzi can help fund our purchases of Aouar and Partey; and we wouldn't need to sell Bellerin.
The problem is out of all 4 of those names you mentioned, only Torreira has a decent chance of leaving for a fee. Hence, we may need to sell Bellerin. Would also sell Lacazette

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The problem is out of all 4 of those names you mentioned, only Torreira has a decent chance of leaving for a fee. Hence, we may need to sell Bellerin. Would also sell Lacazette

Just the other day we were talking about not being able to get a fee for Kolasinac and today we're talking about 15m euros.

I think it is pretty clear that we're trying to get good fees for all of our players. Yeah, worst-case scenario is that we need to sell Bellerin and Laca to fund our midfield rebuild, but even though the players we're looking sell aren't in Arteta's plans they're still good enough to contribute to other teams.

If we get a decent fee for Kolasinac it is a good sign that we will work to get decent fees for the other players we want to sell. If that happens we won't need to sell Hector or Laca.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Just the other day we were talking about not being able to get a fee for Kolasinac and today we're talking about 15m euros.

I think it is pretty clear that we're trying to get good fees for all of our players. Yeah, worst-case scenario is that we need to sell Bellerin and Laca to fund our midfield rebuild, but even though the players we're looking sell aren't in Arteta's plans they're still good enough to contribute to other teams.

If we get a decent fee for Kolasinac it is a good sign that we will work to get decent fees for the other players we want to sell. If that happens we won't need to sell Hector or Laca.
I'm not sure if 15m would help you get Partey and Aouar mate..

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure if 15m would help you get Partey and Aouar mate..

The sale of four players (Kolasinac, Sokratis, Torreira, Douzi) and the loan of Holding can hopefully free up enough cash to help us pay for Partey and/or Aouar.

I'm not saying that it is a guarantee that those sales will equal the amounts we need to buy Partey and Aouar, but that those sales will make it less likely that we will need to sell players that we want to keep like Bellerin and Lacazette.

The finances for these deals are complicated and payments occur over years, so I'm sure that expected player sales or departures next season are also impacting our spending plans for this summer too.

Ideally, we'll start discussions with Lyon now about Aouar and find out what is acceptable for them, and then figure out how can get there by selling some dead weight.

The Partey deal is pretty straight-forward because we just have to do the release clause, so we won't have to do as much negotiating with Atletico unless they want to negotiate. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last deal we do once there is a clearer picture about what the team will look like next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom