• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Again, I don't like him as a player, but he was willing to take a sizeable pay cut going by reports, so it's not as if he isn't being entirely unreasonable.

Shame he's on such high stuff that even that is not enough.

El Duderino

He and Chambers are backing in training next month I think.

Could do what @field442 said and just register him for the Europa squad, perhaps.

Plenty of games for him to regain fitness and either leave or sign a pre-contract with another team. Feel the club will likely let him leave on a very small fee in the winter window if he's to go, anyway.

Just thinking outloud here, of course. Mikel started him over every other option. Realistically, even with the new additions, I think he comes back into play over Holding.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Could do what @field442 said and just register him for the Europa squad, perhaps.

Plenty of games for him to regain fitness and either leave or sign a pre-contract with another team. Feel the club will likely let him leave on a very small fee in the winter window if he's to go, anyway.

Just thinking outloud here, of course. Mikel started him over every other option. Even with the new additions, I think he comes back into play over Holding.

Really? Do you reckon we'll bench Luiz? Can't see that myself. Holding is now staying for a reason as well.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The situation annoys me too, but you can't really blame the player. I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut to change jobs either.

Blame the people who gave him a £100k a week contract. Even coming on a free transfer off the back of a good season he wasn't worth that type of money.

Same situation with Sokratis, how's he on £92k a week? No wonder he's going on a free. Our wage structure has been a shambles for ages.

Time to put transfer values out the window and just get whatever we can for some of these guys. Even if it's a free in some cases, we need to free up squad places. We'll feel much better about the squad once the deadwoods cleared, even if we only get peanuts for them :)
None of them were brought as squad players though. They were bought to be a part of the first team. Poor purchasing is more to be blamed than overpaying squad players.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This not registering him stuff just sounds like wishful thinking. If he's here he'll obviously be in the squad.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This not registering him stuff just sounds like wishful thinking. If he's here he'll obviously be in the squad.

Will he? If we go into the season with 18 non-HG one of them will have to be left out of the league squad. It will be a CB or a LB/RB given we likely have 7 CBs at that point as well as 3 LB/RB.

El Duderino

Really? Do you reckon we'll bench Luiz? Can't see that myself. Holding is now staying for a reason as well.

I think so, yes. At least it seemed that is what Mikel was going for at the restart.

Again, there were fitness and political reasons that compounded it. But Holding, Mustafi, Gabriel and Luiz will play plenty as long as we remain in a three. Rob knows the system well, so with two new faces coming in at CB, it'll be nice to keep someone who's already drilled in around.

It may be even a moot point, thinking about now, because it'll take a while for him to build any fitness and by then he may be gone already, has a year left in his contract.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Chill people this could easily change if Arteta threatens he wouldn't be part of the 25 man squad. Surely he won't accept this

El Duderino

Chill people this could easily change if Arteta threatens he wouldn't be part of the 25 man squad. Surely he won't accept this

Could very well be his team putting pressure on the club to be more flexibe in letting him go. They know the club needs to trim the squad.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Potentially going to see Mustafi, Kolasinac, Özil and Elneny as part of the 25 man squad not getting any minutes. :frustrated:

Cheer up mate, I'm sure we'll still get a couple out of the door. We'll just probably not get the fees we wanted for them.

say yes

forum master baiter
Happy with this tbh. Yeah his wages are a bit high, but I’d rather keep him in the absence of a good offer.

Tierney’s injury history isn’t great and Kola’s a decent backup. Clearly someone Arteta trusts to do a job too as he’s always coming on from the bench. Seems a good character.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Good news is Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, Torreira, and Elneny are all players who can easily be pushed out the club.

Bad news is there's only 3 weeks left to do that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Happy with this tbh. Yeah his wages are a bit high, but I’d rather keep him in the absence of a good offer.

Tierney’s injury history isn’t great and Kola’s a decent backup. Clearly someone Arteta trusts to do a job too as he’s always coming on from the bench. Seems a good character.

That's right pal lets keep Tierney, Cedric, Bellerin, AMN and Kolasinac :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Will he? If we go into the season with 18 non-HG one of them will have to be left out of the league squad. It will be a CB or a LB/RB given we likely have 7 CBs at that point as well as 3 LB/RB.

Arteta seems to like him though, so if he's here he'll use him like previously.. Definitely can't see him going from being used so much previous season to out of the squad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom