• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead & Mesut

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'd also think it'd do well for us to stay clear of human rights, etc. debate on this particular thread.

Normally wouldn't be against it, as a lot of you can debate serious non footballing issues in a civil manner, but with all the **** that has happened in the last week with El Paso, etc., think that the collective nerves might be a little flared up.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Do your own research and verify mate .... no different to any other major city in the world. Don’t believe the hype.

i-love-london-florene-welebny.jpg

This, London isn't that bad, its obviously a huge multi cultured city, its dense and the population is high.

The low lifes will be there just like any city in the world. Due to Boris, politics, brexit, knife crime etc, London is in the spotlight at the moment, any incident is blown up like London is the new Gotham, its not.

London will always have trouble, knife crime, robberies, even murder etc as its a huge city, all cities worldwide have the same, London in general is no way out of control like some will have you believe.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah you'd think with all kinds of resources at least living in safety is the least you'd expect.

But yeah, hype is a truth. All my life I had a dream to go to London once. I did but it was mostly underwhelming with ****ty old buildings and nothing out of the ordinary. Though I didn't really get to see all of it though so there's probably lots to it. But I frankly enjoyed my days in Bath more. Natural surroundings but at times over the top peaceful in residential parts.

English people are so nice though. Friendly and polite.

So you dreamed of going to London but didn’t knock up an itinerary for your brief stay there :lol: Did you go to The Tate modern, take a river cruise on the Thames, go to the London eye, brick lane, Borough market, Shoreditch Box park, the shard, O2 cablecar and roof walk, walk around Greenwich and the park, do the South Bank river walk. Did you have a meal in Som Saa, Dishoom or The Smoking Goat?

Holla @ me next time.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
So you dreamed of going to London but didn’t knock up an itinerary for your brief stay there :lol: Did you go to The Tate modern, take a river cruise on the Thames, go to the London eye, brick lane, Borough market, Shoreditch Box park, the shard, O2 cablecar and roof walk, walk around Greenwich and the park, do the South Bank river walk. Did you have a meal in Som Saa, Dishoom or The Smoking Goat?

Holla @ me next time.
I actually ended up at London by chance and not a planned trip as such. And with family for a couple of days who stay inside and chat about nonsense. I saw the London eye yeah.

But I do have a plan of a long travel all across Europe in a few years time. Maybe stay there for a few years.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yes. That's a simple straightforward solution. But then, there are people who value the human rights of criminals. They don't give a **** about the human rights of victims to these crimes.

That's what's truly tragic here. The **** who commit these crimes deserve neither sympathy nor due process.

By commiting these acts of domestic terrorism & threatening the public peace, they have forfeited any rights they might claim under civil law.

It's really simple :

1. Murder : execution.

2. Armed theft/assault (this includes knife/acid attacks): execution.

3. Rape : execution.

Just having these 3 punishable by execution will see a sharp decline in this heinous crimes.

Mind you @RacingPhoton , the mods might see fit to move this reply to a different thread despite my belief it is accurately placed :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
That's what's truly tragic here. The **** who commit these crimes deserve neither sympathy nor due process.

By commiting these acts of domestic terrorism & threatening the public peace, they have forfeited any rights they might claim under civil law.

It's really simple :

Just having these 3 punishable by execution will see a sharp decline in this heinous crimes.

Mind you @RacingPhoton , the mods might see fit to move this reply to a different thread despite my belief it is accurately placed :lol:
Given the nature of this thread, based on what comes out of investigation, I expect many posts to be removed

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Reading the comments.....the crime rate in London sounds pretty shocking. For one of the biggest cities of the world with so much development that's surprising.
Still wouldn't go so far to say that it is a bad city. As other people mentioned, this is a common problem mentioned in all the major cities. It is just that everyone knows we need more police but the government is stuck on other stuff without doing much about this problem.

El Duderino

It's really simple :

Capital punishment is never the answer, just look at how many convictions have been overturned due to new evidence or old ways of proving crimes being discredited have happened. It's not like life in prison where you at least have the chance of getting out if they finally prove your innocence.

It's enough to know that many innocent people have been executed by the state, under the states custody, while never having commited the crime.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Who said London is out of control? I lived in North London and the East end for 6 months, never came across moped gangs.

But then again i lived a couple of blocks from Englwood - second for criminal activity in the US (at least it was back then). If you don't go out at night waving your 1000 dol cell phones or gold teeth, you should be ok.

That said a friend got mugged the day he moved to Chicago, and that was supposed to be in upper end suburb lol.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Who said London is out of control? I lived in North London and the East end for 6 months, never came across moped gangs.

But then again i lived a couple of blocks from Englwood - second for criminal activity in the US (at least it was back then). If you don't go out at night waving your 1000 dol cell phones or gold teeth, you should be ok.

That said a friend got mugged the day he moved to Chicago, and that was supposed to be in upper end suburb lol.

Compton, Long Beach, Inglewood!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Capital punishment is never the answer, just look at how many convictions have been overturned due to new evidence or old ways of proving crimes being discredited have happened. It's not like life in prison where you at least have the chance of getting out if they finally prove your innocence.

It's enough to know that many innocent people have been executed by the state, under the states custody, while never having commited the crime.
That's true. But the problem there is with the process, not the punishment. It should always be innocent until proven guilty. You have to fix the judicial system to make sure that the punishment is given only if there is concrete evidence. I have seen some activists fight against death penalty for terrorists. There are pictures and videos of him shooting innocent people including children. He also accepted his crime.
There was another horrible gangrape back in my country. You don't even want to get into the details. There is a netflix documentary about it. The criminals accepted the crime. Again, one of them was let off because he was not 18 yet. The human rights activists are still fighting to clear their death sentences. Do you think that's the right thing to do?

El Duderino

Going to Chicago later this week, anything I should worry about? I don't keep my cameras around my neck or anything and I'm fairly vigilant (being brazilian) but you never know.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's really simple :

That's complete bullshit mate. Everyone, EVERYONE has rights and due process before the law.

Capital punishment has been proven not to be a deterrent and something like 4% of executions were to innocent people - that's just insane.

El Duderino

That's true. But the problem there is with the process, not the punishment. It should always be innocent until proven guilty. You have to fix the judicial system to make sure that the punishment is given only if there is concrete evidence. I have seen some activists fight against death penalty for terrorists. There are pictures and videos of him shooting innocent people including children. He also accepted his crime.
There was another horrible gangrape back in my country. You don't even want to get into the details. There is a netflix documentary about it. The criminals accepted the crime. Again, one of them was let off because he was not 18 yet. The human rights activists are still fighting to clear their death sentences. Do you think that's the right thing to do?

Concrete evidence is such a loose concept, though. Look at what it was half a decade ago and what it is now.

Even DNA evidence is very flawed and not the holy grail believe it to be.

And no, I do not think it's the right thing to do. Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Capital punishment is not going to deter people from raping other people, this in particular, is a problem that goes much deeper on how we raise men in our society.

Not long ago we had a couple of mass rapes in a row here in Brasil and people were blaming the girls in both scenarios. One because of the way a few of them were dressed and the other because she had ties with traffic.

Tells you a lot about what needs to be done to deter **** like that in this case.

Anyways, I respect your opinion, mate. I just rather change the subject because I don't really feel this is the right place for that discussion.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Concrete evidence is such a loose concept, though. Look at what it was half a decade ago and what it is now.

Even DNA evidence is very flawed and not the holy grail believe it to be.

And no, I do not think it's the right thing to do. Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Capital punishment is not going to deter people from raping other people, this in particular, is a problem that goes much deeper on how we raise men in our society.

Not long ago we had a couple of mass rapes in a row here in Brasil and people were blaming the girls in both scenarios. One because of the way a few of them were dressed and the other because she had ties with traffic.

Tells you a lot about what needs to be done to deter **** like that in this case.

Anyways, I respect your opinion, mate. I just rather change the subject because I don't really feel this is the right place for that discussion.
Still I disagree. But yes. Not the right place for this argument.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

People should read up on the 'just world fallacy' it's seriously interesting stuff and explains how **** like that happens. It's an amazing cognitive glitch in the human brain.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Going to Chicago later this week, anything I should worry about? I don't keep my cameras around my neck or anything and I'm fairly vigilant (being brazilian) but you never know.

Tbh, i moved a few years ago, but general rules apply. Just know which which neighborhoods to avoid. In general, west and south is risky, north and lakeside less so.

Downtown is fine, even late at night. If you take the metro, it does go through some iffy parts, but you should be ok.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

That's the old argument against capital punishment but where you have direct unquestionable evidence of the murder committing the crime the argument simply doesn't hold.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
People should read up on the 'just world fallacy' it's seriously interesting stuff and explains how **** like that happens. It's an amazing cognitive glitch in the human brain.
Everyone knows the root cause. It is bad parenting. Lack of respect for women. But given the scale of population, the bad parenting problem just cannot be fixed. Divorced parents, unwanted children, parents who don't give a **** about their children will always be there. So what do we do? Let these bad ones get their way with crimes? Most people who commit crime in spite of death penalty do it only because they think that they won't be caught. If death penalty is not a big problem for them, why are the convicts trying hard to reverse the penalty or begging for pardon? They thought they could escape. But they couldn't. Now they want to get away with it.

I accept that there was a percentage of wrong convictions. But that boils down to poor judiciary processes. If we look at it that way, none of the events that happen in the world can be 100% proved. Does that mean there is nothing called right and wrong in a society? There must be some level of evidence that should be considered a clear case for conviction.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom