• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead & Mesut

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That's the old argument against capital punishment but where you have direct unquestionable evidence of the murder committing the crime the argument simply doesn't hold.

But it's not the only argument, innit? Anyway, done with this subject, mate.

Nothing against you or anyone else.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Capital punishment is never the answer, just look at how many convictions have been overturned due to new evidence or old ways of proving crimes being discredited have happened. It's not like life in prison where you at least have the chance of getting out if they finally prove your innocence.

It's enough to know that many innocent people have been executed by the state, under the states custody, while never having commited the crime.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased coming from a background (Saudi citizen
That's complete bullshit mate. Everyone, EVERYONE has rights and due process before the law.

Capital punishment has been proven not to be a deterrent and something like 4% of executions were to innocent people - that's just insane.

As you & @El Duderino argued at length regarding the innocents getting failed by the system, I agree.

But what of the victims? Due they not deserve justice for losing their loved ones to acts of wanton violence?

Moreover, what of the criminals? Unless they're sentenced to life, they'll get out & resume causing misery to the general populace. Recidivism is very high amongst these elements, some measues need to be taken to discourage them from doing so again.

I'll admit that I'm biased due to coming from dual cultures where capital punishment is the norm & universally supported.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Going to Chicago later this week, anything I should worry about? I don't keep my cameras around my neck or anything and I'm fairly vigilant (being brazilian) but you never know.

Stay downtown after the sun goes down. If you want to eat a piece of history then have a deep dish pizza at Pizzeria Uno (the original spot) or Pizzeria Due (I love both). Or, you can join the rivalry between Lou Minalti's Pizzeria vs Giordano's. Burt's Place is a bit out of the way but has come on strong lately as a top deep dish pizza location. Choose wisely or get fat and eat them all.

RichWeath

This, London isn't that bad, its obviously a huge multi cultured city, its dense and the population is high.

The low lifes will be there just like any city in the world. Due to Boris, politics, brexit, knife crime etc, London is in the spotlight at the moment, any incident is blown up like London is the new Gotham, its not.

London will always have trouble, knife crime, robberies, even murder etc as its a huge city, all cities worldwide have the same, London in general is no way out of control like some will have you believe.

Have to disagree, London has turned into a vile dump, all my friends and family are doing their best to get out.

Manberg

Predator
It's the Tories' fault. Endless austerity (which isn't even helping the economy by the way). Not nearly enough police on the streets.
More also ought to be done at school level to discourage people from living a bad life. There's many options in London so I don't believe it's about a lack of opportunity, it's people signing up for what they think in their twisted head is cool.

Axel_Gunner

Wow
interesting thread:lol:

Two celebs get mugged, suddenly London is a war zone

kdE8vR5_d.jpg

Is this just the Internet or a british thing ?
Like someone lost his wallet, blames some immigrants... Boom Brexit whoops

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Perhaps I'm a bit biased coming from a background (Saudi citizen

As you & @El Duderino argued at length regarding the innocents getting failed by the system, I agree.

But what of the victims? Due they not deserve justice for losing their loved ones to acts of wanton violence?

Moreover, what of the criminals? Unless they're sentenced to life, they'll get out & resume causing misery to the general populace. Recidivism is very high amongst these elements, some measues need to be taken to discourage them from doing so again.

I'll admit that I'm biased due to coming from dual cultures where capital punishment is the norm & universally supported.

why isn't putting someone in prison for the rest of his/her life not justice? Death is merciful in comparison imo

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's the Tories' fault. Endless austerity (which isn't even helping the economy by the way). Not nearly enough police on the streets.
More also ought to be done at school level to discourage people from living a bad life. There's many options in London so I don't believe it's about a lack of opportunity, it's people signing up for what they think in their twisted head is cool.
You hit the nail on the head when you say it's not about lack of opportunities but then it follows that austerity has nothing to do with it.

It's about the culture of blamelessness and relativism and it was society wot did it m'lud.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

why isn't putting someone in prison for the rest of his/her life not justice? Death is merciful in comparison imo

Because it isn't fair for them to live on whilst their victims didn't get the chance.

And, sadly, for a lot of Western countries these days, life does not mean what it should.

Manberg

Predator
You hit the nail on the head when you say it's not about lack of opportunities but then it follows that austerity has nothing to do with it.

It's about the culture of blamelessness and relativism and it was society wot did it m'lud.

How's that? If police had more funding they'd surely be able to do something about it. It's got to the point where gangs are now openly flaunting their wealth online. They don't fear police anymore. Instead we've seen endless cuts, both to the police and to the courts.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
How's that? If police had more funding they'd surely be able to do something about it. It's got to the point where gangs are now openly flaunting their wealth online. They don't fear police anymore. Instead we've seen endless cuts, both to the police and to the courts.
Actually part of the problem is how police resources are used rather than what resources they have. The waste of resources chasing fake abusers in high places is just one example but you see it all the time - police on the web rather than on the beat to ferret out "hate crimes" rather than protect the physical integrity of people, police dancing with "climate change" protestors rather than keeping the streets open for ordinary people.

Anyway Boris has promised 20,000 extra police so that is the end of that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
:(:(:( At least we are being proactive by looking at security for the rest of the squad.
Really don't understand what this gang is looking to achieve here. It's a shame Seo's wife went back to Germany and doesn't want to return to the UK apparently.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Really don't understand what this gang is looking to achieve here. It's a shame Seo's wife went back to Germany and doesn't want to return to the UK apparently.
Looks like a **** measuring contest to me, Seo really made them a laughing stock and I guess that’s too much for them to handle. It’s easy for stuff like this to escalate. I’m just happy England isn’t a gun country like the states or this could be much worse.

Who can blame Seo’s wife, they threatened her husband with knives. She probably wants him to get the **** out of London too.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom