• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sevilla V ARSENAL player ratings

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only watched the second half. The defense was very poor last night, especially on the left. Senderos playerd badly, so was Traore.. I begin thinking perhaps Traore is more of a winger than a fullback. When Clichy was inlvoved in the invincible, he did quite well even at the age of 17. Traore hasn't been the case, even he's 19 now.

There were some occasions where Sevilla winger got the ball near the halfway line and Traore didn't challenge the play in possesion. He just kept backpaddling and let the opposition player dirbbled and gathered more pace. I had seen this last time when the CC team played Chelski and Traore was still making this kind of mistake last night. I sensed no defensive aggression from Traore, even he is agile and pacey than most of the players out there. As Traore defended that way, there was no way Senderos could support Traore by staying right behind at the right angle. The whole back four were constantly driven back by Traore's backpaddling and unable to hold the ground. The midfiedlers didn't have enough time to track back because of Traore's 'pacey' backpaddling. The only execuse I can find for Traroe is lack of defensive help from the LM. But I am not sure whether that's the case or the result from his own backpaddling. Unless Traore can improve his defensive ability, I'd seriously think about converting him into a winger or something.

Zico

Established Member
All three of our goals came from trouble on the left channel. I love Traore, but throwing him into a match against one of Europe's best attacking teams with an out-of-sorts Senderos to steady him was a big error on the boss's part.

Almunia 7
Hoyte 6
Kolo 7
Senderos 2
Traore 3
Denilson 6
Gilberto 5
Fab 5
Eboue 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 6

Rosicky 6
Sagna 5
Walcott 5
Wenger 3

Wenger gets a 3 because he did not substitute well and picked a poor left defense.

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't want to burst any bubbles here, but Bendtner was afwul. He put in one good cross all game and that doesn't warrant a 7. He also failed to control every single pass he got in the second half. Though I shouldn't be surprised really, looking at the other ratings.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 4 - pathetic, very unconfident
Hoyte 5 - tried his best, but simply couldn't take them
Kolo 6 - too bad he can't do a one man show in a poor defence
Senderos 1 - worst ever performance from senderos
Traore 2 - i have said it before and i will say it again, this boy can't defend.
Denilson 5 - tried his best, but sevilla midfield too strong for him
Gilberto 4 - uninspired
Fabregas 5
Eboue 6.5 - tried and tried and tried
Bendtner 6.5
Eduardo 6

Rosicky 5
Sagna 6
Walcott 6

Zico

Established Member
I am certain that at year's end Senderos will hold the record for lowest ever average rating in a game. What a shocker!

Last night's midfield is lucky that they weren't the last line of defense. In all honesty, they weren't much better than Senderos. The big difference is that their mistakes just didn't immediately lead to goals.

ricky1985

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I don't want to burst any bubbles here, but Bendtner was afwul. He put in one good cross all game and that doesn't warrant a 7. He also failed to control every single pass he got in the second half. Though I shouldn't be surprised really, looking at the other ratings.

Bendtner was awful?????? :D

You just got to laugh when someone says something like that.

He was the one shining light from last nights debacle, he was amazing in the first half. His passing was perfectly weighted and inventive, his control was sublime, his aerial power was awesome, his decision making was top notch, he was quick over ground, worked hard and created our goal with a top drawer cross straight on to Eduardo's chest.

In the second half the service to him was so pathetic, it was embarassing. I admit it did look like his intensity had dropped quite a lot. But he was isolated up front with no support and resorted to lobbing balls up to him, most of which he won.

After last night I for one can see what all the fuss is about. Nicklas Bendtner is going to be a world class player one day soon. In my mind their is no doubting it, Adebayor has got a year left tops as our numero uno central striker, so I'd advise he makes the most of it. Bendtner was awful :D

qs

Established Member
Almunia - 4 did he make a signle save?
Traore - 3 way out of his depth
Touré - 7 did as much as he could
Senderos - 5 cost us the first goal
Hoyte - 5 terrible in the 2nd half
Denilson - 6 did ok
Fabregas - 6 did ok
Gilberto - 3 terrible. Passing was ****, positioning was ****, did virutally no defending.
Eboue - 7 good game, tore that Crespo lad apart.
Eduardo - 7 good game out of position. Hassled them a fair bit and scored a good goal.
Bendtner - 8 our best player. Creative, inscisive, battling. Won everything in the air, was a nightmare for their centre halfs.

Rosicky - 4 completely ineffectual. May as well have stayed on the bench.
Sagna - 5 didn't do anything Hoyte hadn't been doing
Walcott - 5 never got into the game

qs

Established Member
quincy42 said:
The big difference is that their mistakes just didn't immediately lead to goals.

So what? Thats completely the wrong to look at it. The biggest **** up of the game was Bert passing it straight to Fabiano to allow him straight in on goal. Yet he doesn't get half the stick Phil gets for his **** up, just because a goal came from it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
quincy42 said:
I am certain that at year's end Senderos will hold the record for lowest ever average rating in a game. What a shocker!

Last night's midfield is lucky that they weren't the last line of defense. In all honesty, they weren't much better than Senderos. The big difference is that their mistakes just didn't immediately lead to goals.
that is actually the lowest i ever gave for an outfield player.

i always defended senderos, but yesterday he was terrible. i watched the replay again and his positioning is poor, he mixed up with other defenders, he don't know how to cover up, and he was very very clumsy.

Zico

Established Member
qs said:
quincy42 said:
The big difference is that their mistakes just didn't immediately lead to goals.

So what? Thats completely the wrong to look at it. The biggest f**k up of the game was Bert passing it straight to Fabiano to allow him straight in on goal. Yet he doesn't get half the stick Phil gets for his f**k up, just because a goal came from it.

You have to remember that people remember extremes. We will celebrate Bendtner's cross, which is why most members have given him what is probably an inflated score relative to his teammates. But that cross was the one positive thing we did all evening.

As for Gilberto, you're right, we didn't concede. On the other hand, Senderos's first mistake cost us momentum, he looked shaky all night, and then picked up the ball with a bemused expression. It is possible that he wasn't the worst player on the field last night, but when he was bad, he was disastrous. And that's what sticks in our minds today.

arsmile

Established Member
how can people justify giving almunia 4- saying he was 'pathetic' and 'did he make any saves'

4 implies a nagative impact- what was he suppposed to do?- couldnt do anything with the goals- did everything else well, better distributer than lehmann, did the best he could with a god-awful defence infront of him...people are so out of order to him

and he did make about 4 or 5 saves......that is just rediculous guys, really!

Dragon181

quincy42 said:
qs said:
quincy42 said:

So what? Thats completely the wrong to look at it. The biggest f**k up of the game was Bert passing it straight to Fabiano to allow him straight in on goal. Yet he doesn't get half the stick Phil gets for his f**k up, just because a goal came from it.

You have to remember that people remember extremes. We will celebrate Bendtner's cross, which is why most members have given him what is probably an inflated score relative to his teammates. But that cross was the one positive thing we did all evening.

As for Gilberto, you're right, we didn't concede. On the other hand, Senderos's first mistake cost us momentum, he looked shaky all night, and then picked up the ball with a bemused expression. It is possible that he wasn't the worst player on the field last night, but when he was bad, he was disastrous. And that's what sticks in our minds today.

Although the thing that most people remember in a game are the extremes (goals and F*** ups), judging from the entire game, Bendtner had a good game, at least compared to everyone else. And both Senderos and Gilberto were horrible, but if you watch the game again and count how many times Big Phil made a mess compared to Bert, and include the magnitude of those mistakes (yes, conceding goals make a difference), then Senderos just had a horrible game. It was just that bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom