• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Arsenal 19.45pm Wednesday 3/11/10

Yaya

Established Member
Cesc might miss the match against shakhtar according to wenger.

Wenger wrote:
He had a little tension in his hamstring. Let’s hope he doesn’t have a set-back.

Some interesting CL fact

Arsenal's next defeat in UEFA competition would be their 50th
Marouane Chamakh has scored three goals from just four shots on target in the Champions League this season.
38% - Arsenal have converted the highest percentage of chances into goals in the Champions League this season.
Arsenal have fired in 76% of their shots on target in the Champions League

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd like the same team as against West Ham with three changes.

Walcott for Arshavin - The Russian looked like he was a bit jaded today and I know he has just had a break but maybe another rest is needed? (He has started every game in the league for us this season, the only player to do so) I'm undecided to be honest I just want to see Walcott play to be honest.

Bendtner for Chamakh - The Dane needs minutes and Chamakh is maybe looking a bit tired. He has said himself he gives his all and is knackered after games. I think a rest is in order. He looked a bit dull today.

Wilshere in place of Denilson (or Cesc if Cesc doesn't make it) - Denilson wasn't great today. Wilshere has had a break and is young so the more games he can play the better.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Rosicky instead of Cesc in that case, Jack back in CM. Maybe start Nik aswell.

I'd take a draw really but a win would all but finish the group.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Difficult game that'll be.
Donezk are good at home and they'll try to respond to that heavy defeat, so we won't have it easy - well we never had it easy away from home in the CL....

I assume Fabs, Chamakh and Nasri will be rested, Denilson (hopefully) too......

--------Flappy--------

Sagna-Squib-Kos-Clichy

-----Song-Jacky------

Theo---Rozza-----Vela

--------Bendy------

Vela to get a chance and Jacky to start.
Rozza to replace Fabs and Bendy starts in place of Chamakh.

Won't be an easy game, as we've always struggled when we had to play deep in eastern Europe.
Don't think we can repeat another 5-1, but I'll be happy with any win.

Need a good result to keep momentum.
Newcastle at home next then, during an intresting Premiership weekend with Liverpool - Chelski as well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Would reckon Wenger wants to wrap the UCL asap so might put a strong team out to a difficult away trip. Expects this team

Fabianski
Sagna Kos Squid Clichy
Song Wilshere
Walcott Cesc Rosicky
Bendtner

Bossa

Established Member
Fabianski
Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy
Rosicky Song Wilshere
Walcott Bendtner Nasri

The goal is not lose the the match.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
walcott must start at this one i hope we rest arshavin and give chance to b52

fab

sagna squi kosh clichy

song

nasri wilshere

walcott chamakh b52/arsha

KY

Established Member
Arshavin will probably take a breather and walcott will come in. Wilshere will replace Denilson, I think. Otherwise I'd go for the same team today.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
If Arsène really isn't that sure about Fabs' hamstring, he shouldn't let him travel to Donezk.

We've only six players out at the moment, so we should't court our luck.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
---------------Fabianski

Eboue--Squillaci-Koscielny--Clichy

-----------------Song

------------Wilshere-Rosicky

-------Walcott---Bendtner---Nasri

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Id rather not risk Cesc in this one. Im not playing down Shakhtar, but more preserving our Captain. Jack will be eligable to play and Nasri has been excellent so far, and Rosicky can also play there (or Diaby if hes fit) although he'l probably play Denilson/Jack/Song as the midfield.

So, if need be, have Cesc on the bench and play it by ear. Im also hoping Theo and Bendtner start this one.

justinmitchell

Fabianski
sagna squillaci koscielny clichy
song wilshere
rosicky
Walcott nasri
bendtner

win the game and take the next two easy

Bossa

Established Member
Even if we draw we will be 99% #1 of the group. We just cant afford to lose with a tricky away trip to Braga.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A win sees us top the group( most likely becasue of goal difference) and qualify, and a draw sees us qualify for the knockout stages. Either two options would be okay, obviously a win would be better allround and then we could rotate in the remaining two games and rest some of the more tired players. Still I am sure Wenger and the players are thinking-"okay, another game, another victory, another 3 pts and we are home dry"

We all know we have not performed well behind the old Iron Curtain but I think the lads will scrape a result on Wednesday. A tough match in store for us no doubt, any tougher than the West Ham game, maybe, maybe not!

justinmitchell

We'll put at least 2-3 past them. It's whether or not we can keep 2-3 goals out.

The way we've performed recently I'm not sure that it's possible; we were completely at sea for a good 70-80 minutes against w/ham.

I'd rather not see Cesc play this game. Whats the go with Diaby these days?

CandysRoom

Established Member
Sky sports reporting Cesc will be fit although i'd be happy with Rosicky for this one.

Think we'll win it fairly comfortably.

IBL

Established Member
we can afford to play a slightly weakened side here seeing as we've all but qualified. Get Wilshere back in, play Vela and Eboue and also give more game time to Bendtner and Walcott.

Ideally I'd like Kos and Squallaci rested but one will have to play alongside Djourou. I'd even chuck in Scnezy.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think we need to play a strong team.. we need to continue the winning attitude and a win in this match allows us to rest players for the last 2 games of the group.. id rather see us wrap up the group in this game and rotate the team against Newcastle on the weekend.. our next 2 CL games see us playing away to Villa and ManUtd afterward, so i'd rather have our big players playing against those teams than Partizan or Braga..

win this game, pretty much wrap up the group, then rest players in our last 2 games so they can be fit for the tough away league fixtures after...

IMO (oh, and IBL, there is no way that Vela starts away to Shakhtar.. Wenger doesnt trust him enough for that)

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Fabregas shouldn't play if theres even a 1 percent chance of him doing damage. We have a quality replacement in Rosicky so lets play him. Wilshere can come back into the side too.

Walcott, Bendtner and Eboue should all be considered as well. I reckon we can make a few changes and still win the game.

Anzac

Established Member
Lol - those stats in the opening post (re percentages of conversions & shots on goal), are the direct result of our primarily only shooting when we are right in front of goal. I noticed it in the game today that we seldom shoot outside the lines of the goal mouth, which makes Nik's 2 goals of late so exceptional having been scored from the corner of the area.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom