• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Lol he’s backing too many sh*t players tbh, Arteta as much as I like him is in the process of sealing his own fate. This was also Le profs downfall in the end.

Slyly arrogant that he's watched Wenger, Emery and Ljunberg (who realised very quickly) try get something out of these guys and fail, yet think things will be different for him.

Perhaps the reality of our finances makes it so Arteta has no choice and he’s just sucking it up and getting on with it. He’s dealing with Mustafi a lot better than Emery had done so, maybe he’s right to back himself.

Well he has Xhaka and Torreira partnering well at base of midfield which is a good start. Luiz has also been more solid and leading the team better (last game excepted) so does have precedent - or so the optimist in me thinks.

The realist also thinks we won't be able to blow a ton of cash anytime soon - we're
out of the CL for a few years now, spent heavily in last few windows ( by our standards at least) and don't look like getting back into UEFA cup this season either. Arteta is going to have to be creative and get the most of who he already has onboard

Last edited:

Jae

Not his biggest fan to say the least, but I thought he was great for spells tonight. Those long range passes he was hitting were spot on.

Can't believe we're ANOTHER CB down. We just can't catch a break.

Kysus

Kinda fitting that he goes down in a game where he was the 2nd best player on the pitch (after Saka)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I would never back a coach who doesn't always think he can "save" a player. If he's on the roster, the coach should have the attitude that he can improve him.

Now, that doesn't mean he should BE on the roster, but if he's in the squad the coach should believe in his ability to make things better.
Exactly! No use in not trying to improve the players on the squad during the season. It is clear they are trying to move Mustafi on, but while he is here Arteta might as well sing his praises, coach him like crazy and try to get him to perform. If nothing else it will improve his resale value and so benefit the club.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Arteta just giving confidence to his squad, nothing to see here. Won't be here next year.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't believe I'm praying for mustafi to get get well quickly

:facepalm:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Any word on how serious it is? Looking at the pictures you've gotta think it will be a season ender meaning we have to sign someone.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would never back a coach who doesn't always think he can "save" a player. If he's on the roster, the coach should have the attitude that he can improve him.

Now, that doesn't mean he should BE on the roster, but if he's in the squad the coach should believe in his ability to make things better.
After years of watching Mustafi, pretty sure it's not possible to train those mistakes out of him. They come out of nowhere like a seizure.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I have sprained my ankle while playing football, cricket, tennis and boxing many times.

A bad strain feels like you’ve damaged something.

Would of been more believable if you said you sprained it playing Kabaddi.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta just giving confidence to his squad, nothing to see here. Won't be here next year.
He’s not going anywhere, after next season he’s a free agent which allows him to get a 3-5M sign on fee as well as big wages as his new club is saving money by not paying a fee for him.

Makes no sense for him to leave now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Cheeky little **** aren’t you?

I can be.

giphy.gif

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

After years of watching Mustafi, pretty sure it's not possible to train those mistakes out of him. They come out of nowhere like a seizure.
Agree that it is unlikely he can be coached in a way that these mistakes don’t occur, but with good coaching and in a better team setup hopefully the mistakes can be kept to a minimum. We mustn’t forget that we are at the start of Arteta’s work. If he isn’t too badly injured he might still provide extra CB coverage. If he played a couple of good games and shows some improvements we can the offload him in the summer at better conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom