• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Out of the 90 mins, he will play well for 85, there’s just normally 5 mins of hell with him. Sometimes we get punished, sometimes we don’t.

Mustafi is clearly strong as hell, fantastic leap and header, he’s reportedly one of the fastest sprinters in the squad and he’s very combative. He can also pass too (we’ve seen him ping it long to our forwards on a few occasions). On paper I can see why we would sign him.

Unfortunately it’s very hard to measure character and temperament and this guy has zero composure. When a big name player is coming at him you can see him visibly melting and he’s too quick to go to ground. Lacks concentration too. He’s been our best CB for periods but yeah ultimately he’s just not good enough for what we’re trying to do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could have had a red for that challenge on Silva, seen those Achilles tackles given reds multiple times in Germany this season. Then his slide tackle on Sterling was so clumsy, 50/50 whether that gets given, normally 90/10 when against Arsenal.

Can’t be here next season.

Even when he plays well, he still nearly costs your team the game multiple times...the quick summary of Mustafi.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta prefers Mustafi over Holding because like Luiz, Mustafi is good on the ball whereas Holding is not. Don’t you notice when Luiz or Mustafi try to play a long ball and occasionally find players in space? Don’t underestimate ball playing centrebacks. Mustafi’s mistakes are poor and clumsy but he’s not as bad as we think. Things aren’t black and white.

Not to mention they’re both very good in the air, Mustafi for not being the tallest CB is really good heading the ball.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Could have had a red for that challenge on Silva, seen those Achilles tackles given reds multiple times in Germany this season. Then his slide tackle on Sterling was so clumsy, 50/50 whether that gets given, normally 90/10 when against Arsenal.

Can’t be here next season.

Really, it genuinely looked like he was running and slipped and his foot went in to Silva, whatever his flaws I've never see him trying to injure players. The slide tackle on Sterling got the ball with his left leg, anyone else does that it is considered amazing. I'm one of his biggest critics but other than one moment he had an absolute belter of a game.

I think hes made several mistakes in previous weeks but they've become fewer and fewer. He is also now starting to cover for other player's mistakes. Hopefully the injury and season break doesn't cause him to regress. I think as he is we can improve upon him but I can't see him going anywhere before the end of next year seeing how he is playing.

When he came off its a pity the crowd wasn't there to applaud him off, he seems like the player that takes the criticism from the fans the worst and loves feeling like hes valued.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was shaky at the start and pulled himself together but he gives everyone around him the jitters and can't be trusted. Say thank you and sell.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Honestly, our last 2 games against 2 of the big heavyweights, Luiz & Mustafi have both rather impressed me with their game, the have gone so much better then when they both first started together.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn't be shocked if mustafi, kola and sokratis are still here next season due to the wages they are on

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi learning the dark arts from Özil.

:lol:

An injury at the right time.

Mustafi is known to pretend to be injured when the games are going badly only to show up healthy as a stallion for the next game.

Think he will pretend to be injured over transfer windows now too.

darkgunner

He's gonna come back from injury playing like dog **** again and the cycle will begin anew. The transfer window ends in Oct, hopefully we can sell him by then.

Would be good for us to sell Sokratis early, Mustafi in September and then Luiz in January. We then buy/loan a new CB in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom