• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
“He is no way worse than silvestre stepanovs squillachi”

What do those three have in common? Answer: cheap/free and arrived as backup

Mustafi = £35m and came in as starter

When you weigh that up then you have say yes mustafi is worse than the three mentioned

Yeah plus those 3 knew they are bad and didnt throw a tantrum at their teammates every time a defender bullies them.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
ALL our CB's have been poor this season. They just do not defend as a unit and are constantly left exposed by the midfield. Mustafi just needs a balanced partner next to him. Having him and Sokratis just does not work.

Reactions: roz

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Quite something to make a statement and then partially negate it with the very next. Don't disagree but could have been worded better.

I meant to say our defenders have been poor individually and our whole defensive unit also hasn't been up to scratch. We seem to have too many defenders who are the same type (Kos/Sokratis/Mustafi) Partner any one of them with Holding and you get a better balance IMO.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
ALL our CB's have been poor this season. They just do not defend as a unit and are constantly left exposed by the midfield. Mustafi just needs a balanced partner next to him. Having him and Sokratis just does not work.

Bro did you even watch video I replied to you with? There is no excuse for some of the stuff he does. We end up in situations having to defend just because of mistake he's made with ball while under no pressure.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Booing our own players is embarrassing and communicates a hostile environment to future prospects. But seeing Emery defend Mustafi and keep him in his first team plans is maddening. Preseason is a good time for fans to show their displeasure.
I feel bad for Mustafi though. I don’t know if it makes it better or worse that he appears to be trying his best.

Iceman10

Established Member
Booing our own players is embarrassing and communicates a hostile environment to future prospects. But seeing Emery defend Mustafi and keep him in his first team plans is maddening. Preseason is a good time for fans to show their displeasure.
I feel bad for Mustafi though. I don’t know if it makes it better or worse that he appears to be trying his best.

On seeing a YouTube compilation of his errors what makes it uniquely worse for him is his on-pitch reaction does not *appear* to be anger at himself.

Don't know if Emery could have managed the situation better, couldn't follow last season as closely as I would have liked. CB depth perhaps at times was not great with various injuries (?). I do wonder if Mustafi at least can be taken as a case example for review in seeing if there are any gaps in psychometric analysis at the club (scouting, etc.), because maybe this is a player who Emery just felt was not the type who would feed off public criticism to become a better player. If so, this was obviously not the right fit in the first place, especially for 35m.

Your point about fans showing displeasure during pre-season is useful. Personally I thought booing him before he came on as a sub for the match against Lyon was stunning, but you do have a point there.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
On seeing a YouTube compilation of his errors what makes it uniquely worse for him is his on-pitch reaction does not *appear* to be anger at himself.

Don't know if Emery could have managed the situation better, couldn't follow last season as closely as I would have liked. CB depth perhaps at times was not great with various injuries (?). I do wonder if Mustafi at least can be taken as a case example for review in seeing if there are any gaps in psychometric analysis at the club (scouting, etc.), because maybe this is a player who Emery just felt was not the type who would feed off public criticism to become a better player. If so, this was obviously not the right fit in the first place, especially for 35m.

Your point about fans showing displeasure during pre-season is useful. Personally I thought booing him before he came on as a sub for the match against Lyon was stunning, but you do have a point there.

Agreed on the not feeding on public criticism. It takes a special person to feed on a hostile environment. I think we see that as a nail in the coffin for Özil (not a dig) or inconsistent youth players. With the environment Mustafi was brought into, at 35 million, it would not be the right fit if things started going south for him.

I’m not so familiar if the hints of these glaring errors were present previously for Mustafi and especially his tendency to blame others for an error so obviously his. I liked seeing Cech chew him out when he blamed him in that lowlight reel.

Curious if Emery reviews these errors with his players since he’s so well known for reviewing tapes. With that, how can Emery appear not to see this! Although I couldn’t claim to know more than him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom