• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Singapore Select XI Vs Arsenal - 15/07/2015 - 1:30PM - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vela

Established Member
Singapore Select XI Vs Arsenal
1:30PM
15/07/2015
At Singapore National Stadium
Live on Sky Sports 1

-------------------------Martinez
Bellerin/Debuchy--Mertesacker--Gabriel--Monreal
------------Coquelin/Flamini--Wilshere
Chamberlain-----------Zelalem-------------Crowley
--------------------------Akpom-----------------

Subs - Debuchy/Bellerin, Coquelin/Flamini, Iwobi, Willock, Toral, Arteta, Cazorla, Cech, Chambers, Gibbs, Giroud, Kos, Özil, Ramsey, Szczesny, Walcott

AW said players who returned to training later will play in the second game rather than the first. I could be wrong, but all the players after Toral on that subs bench (above) returned to pre-season training later.

Danskin

Established Member
It's 8:30pm, mate! ;)

-----------------Martinez
Bellerín - Gabriel - Chambers - Gibbs
-----------Flamini - Zelalem
--Chamberlain - Crowley - Iwobi
-------------------Akpom

I think I'd go with this, but it's very difficult to predict. I reckon AW might go with a weaker team against Singapore and then play the likes of Mesut, Jack, Rambo and Theo against Stoke/Everton.

I'd like to see Toral get some minutes as well if possible!

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Toral wasn't announced in the team but he is on the plane

zp_563339561_SM_9347_71C8D8577EE03925A48B63196C3271D6_7501.jpg

Danskin

Established Member
Is Toral any good?
Very talented player, did well for Brentford last season but he's yet another central/advanced midfielder so it will be difficult for him to make the breakthrough with so many players ahead of him.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Is Toral any good?

From few Brentford matches I watched, Toral looks to be a good prospect who has an eye to make a great pass. He is quite composed on the ball and can release the ball quickly when needed.

I think his downside is that he does not seem to have situational awareness, as he looks too static and was always looking to receive an easy pass, instead of making runs to get into good/threatening positions. He's still raw but I think he might get a chance in this preseason and cup games.

A loan to a stronger Championsip side could help him develop further.

ohenhen1

Cech
Belerin, Mert, Gabriel, Monreal
Crowley, Coquelin, Wilshere
Ox, Akpom, Iwobi

2nd half
Chezny
Debuchy, Chambers, Kos, Gibbs
Arteta/Özil, Flamini/Carzola, Zelalem/Ramsey
Toral/Walcott, Giroud, Willock/Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.